Author Topic: Jewish Students at U of I File Complaint With Education Department Over Anti-Semitism  (Read 242 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Jewish Students at U of I File Complaint With Education Department Over Anti-Semitism

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2020/10/23/jewish-students-at-u-of-i-file-complaint-with-education-department-over-anti-semitism-n1082348

Jewish students at the University of Illinois-Urbana have filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education over the school’s handling of anti-Semitic harassment on campus. The complaint was filed last March, with a supplemental memorandum submitted in June and a letter in October. It was filed with the Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights Under Law.

Brandeis Center President Alyza Lewin said in a statement, “In the face of continuous stall tactics and almost no action from the university, we decided to publicize our efforts.”

Jewish Journal:

The complaint argued that Jewish and pro-Israel students have been subjected to a hostile campus climate over the past five years from anti-Semitism on both the right and the left. The complaint alleges that while the university has taken some action to address the campus climate, their “efforts have been wholly inadequate. In fact, in some cases, UIUC staff members were complicit in fostering this hostility and discrimination.”

The complaint proceeds to list 23 anti-Semitic incidents that have occurred on campus since 2015. Among the incidents were several instances of swastika graffiti, the UIUC Chabad Center for Jewish Life’s menorah being vandalized four times between 2015-17, and rocks being thrown at the window of a UIUC Jewish fraternity in 2017. In the latter incident, the police said they couldn’t do anything because there weren’t any suspects.

Maybe it's a more recent "thing" at U of I, but I don't think it's safe for a Jewish guy to walk unaccompanied across a commons area at some CA universities while wearing a yarmulke. UC and CSU police will not lift a finger when a Jewish student is assaulted. I think it's to the point that Jewish groups should set double-traps of a solo guy walking across a quad with protectors scattered randomly prepared to move in and take out assaulters while multiple people record video of the trap so as to force on the university a choice between meaningful disciplinary action and prosecution or a lawsuit supported by video of all that happened.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.