Author Topic: CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks  (Read 10846 times)

rangerrebew

CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks
October 12, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

A Centers for Disease Control report released in September shows that masks and face coverings are not effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19, even for those people who consistently wear them.

A study conducted in the United States in July found that when they compared 154 “case-patients,” who tested positive for COVID-19, to a control group of 160 participants from the same health care facility who were symptomatic but tested negative, over 70 percent of the case-patients were contaminated with the virus and fell ill despite “always” wearing a mask.

“In the 14 days before illness onset, 71% of case-patients and 74% of control participants reported always using cloth face coverings or other mask types when in public,” the report stated.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/12/cdc-study-finds-overwhelming-majority-of-people-getting-coronavirus-wore-masks/

Online Hoodat

CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks

Hey Dems. How do you like that science?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

I am not surprised.

(1) Mask give some a false sense of security.

(2) The people wearing mask were out and about more often, in places where there were larger groups of people, being more likely to get infected.
A farmer in the middle of nowhere has no need to wear a mask, but someone going up an elevator to a 20th floor office may.

Offline mountaineer

Spotted at an elementary school near St. Louis:

source:

https://twitter.com/Justin_EAndrews/status/1316746784731955202

*****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Stories about these CDC's findings about masks get the "Fact-check" treatment on Bookface and probably Twatter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

'CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks' and had eaten carrots.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online roamer_1

Spotted at an elementary school near St. Louis:

source:

https://twitter.com/Justin_EAndrews/status/1316746784731955202

*****rollingeyes*****

Hmmm... How do I put this... Never mind. I'll just say I don't wear masks. Either.  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

Stories about these CDC's findings about masks get the "Fact-check" treatment on Bookface and probably Twatter.

I feel a big-ass 'I Told You So' comin on.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hmmm... How do I put this... Never mind. I'll just say I don't wear masks. Either.  :whistle:
Hey, A fart gets through either one!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Hey, A fart gets through either one!

LOL! They got fart pants now... no really... they got a charcoal filter built right in.

Of course I doubt they've ever been in an ice fishing shack with two rednecks and a pot of beans....

:laugh:

Offline mountaineer

LOL! They got fart pants now... no really... they got a charcoal filter built right in.
I remember that from when I was in culinary school. Some chef thought it was hilarious. Apparently, flatulence was an occupational hazard for cooks.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

I remember that from when I was in culinary school. Some chef thought it was hilarious. Apparently, flatulence was an occupational hazard for cooks.  :shrug:

It is surely hilarious to me. Anyone that would wear such a thing needs his man-card taken away.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Of course I doubt they've ever been in an ice fishing shack with two rednecks and a pot of beans....

:laugh:

Blazing Saddles famous camp fire scene would never had made it in if they'd  had "Fart" pants!.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

Blazing Saddles famous camp fire scene would never had made it in if they'd  had "Fart" pants!.

More than that... How do you keep the wife and grandkids from bugging ya when the race or a good movie is on?

I am a poorer man without my 15' impermeable zone of death.

THERE's your social distancing...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:58:32 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More than that... How do you keep the wife and grandkids from bugging ya when the race or a good movie is on?

D@mn, that's about as ANTI social as it gets... **nononono* :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Hey. even the dog leaves me alone.

happy77

Offline libertybele

You put out several liters of soda pop, several bowls of popcorn, cookies, candy and various other treats and you have the grandkids watch along with you.  ENJOY THEM while you can!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Hey,  Doubles as a "Super Spreader".   !
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

You put out several liters of soda pop, several bowls of popcorn, cookies, candy and various other treats and you have the grandkids watch along with you.  ENJOY THEM while you can!

Have you noticed that old men are pleasant until they aren't? That's why God gave me the 15' impenetrable zone of death. But it CAN be sociable... the ol 'pull my finger' trick is a party favorite with the grandkids.

Offline libertybele

Have you noticed that old men are pleasant until they aren't? That's why God gave me the 15' impenetrable zone of death. But it CAN be sociable... the ol 'pull my finger' trick is a party favorite with the grandkids.

888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

I am not surprised. (1) Mask give some a false sense of security. (2) The people wearing mask were out and about more often, in places where there were larger groups of people, being more likely to get infected. A farmer in the middle of nowhere has no need to wear a mask, but someone going up an elevator to a 20th floor office may.
@GrouchoTex

I believe people heard "wear a mask", and they took that for meaning they were safe, so they put on a mask, continued their life,touching, being close to people, not washing hands, thinking their mask which they touched many times while wearing it, protected them so why do anything else?

Offline libertybele

I am amazed at how inconsiderate some people are; some wear their masks on their chins, pull their masks down when they speak, don't cover their noses with their masks, or don't wear one at all, etc. 

Do masks protect people is still questionable, but if ALL people were to wear their masks correctly, I believe it would help.

Online roamer_1

@GrouchoTex

I believe people heard "wear a mask", and they took that for meaning they were safe, so they put on a mask, continued their life,touching, being close to people, not washing hands, thinking their mask which they touched many times while wearing it, protected them so why do anything else?

I believe masks don't work, and never have, just like the warning says on the wrapper.

Offline mountaineer

It's such a pleasure to walk into a store where no one is wearing the suffocation devices. My local hardware store  is like that.  :laugh: