Author Topic: The Memo: Biden landslide creeps into view  (Read 324 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Memo: Biden landslide creeps into view
« on: October 13, 2020, 03:20:09 pm »
The Memo: Biden landslide creeps into view
By Niall Stanage - 10/13/20 06:00 AM EDT

A landslide victory for Joe Biden is now a realistic possibility.

The Democratic presidential nominee has a lead of around 10 percentage points over President Trump in national polling averages, and he is up across almost all the battleground states.

Trump faces low job approval ratings, bad marks for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic and an ever-decreasing number of opportunities to change the direction of the race.
ADVERTISEMENT

The first debate has come and gone, and the second scheduled clash has been canceled. Only one more debate, set for Oct. 22, remains.

No challenger to an incumbent president since Bill Clinton almost 30 years ago has been in such a strong position as Biden with such a short period of time until Election Day.

Still, even Democrats are reluctant to talk out loud about a Biden landslide for fear of jinxing a monumental election or encouraging complacency. Many pundits are also hedging their bets, mindful of the 2016 experience.

The national polls four years ago were — contrary to public perception — not far off the eventual result. But state-level polls, especially in the Rust Belt and the Midwest, went seriously awry.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/520692-the-memo-biden-landslide-creeps-into-view
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Re: The Memo: Biden landslide creeps into view
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 03:32:36 pm »
Need Trump reelection. Like Julius Caesar said: "Let me have men about me that are fat"
Love Hefty Boys like Trump, Barr, Meadows, Pompeo, Pence.
Looks like American Prosperity!  :yowsa:
Biden, Obama, Kerry, Holder = too skinny.
Hate that "lean and hungry" look.  **nononono*
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 03:34:07 pm »
A Biden landslide = A end of the Republic
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 03:40:04 pm »
Need Trump reelection. Like Julius Caesar said: "Let me have men about me that are fat"
Love Hefty Boys like Trump, Barr, Meadows, Pompeo, Pence.
Looks like American Prosperity!  :yowsa:
Biden, Obama, Kerry, Holder = too skinny.
Hate that "lean and hungry" look.  **nononono*
How do you like that wrinkled and confused look?

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 03:51:18 pm »
The only poll that matters is November 3rd
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 04:00:05 am »
mystery....oh so negative.

Biden was the cohort of Obama that went about and said you will keep your health plan, keep your doctor, and save $2,500 A YEAR.  Well, none of that was true.  And now people in PA, OH, WV and other states are to believe he will not eliminate fracking and eliminate all fossil fuels?  BULLSH*T!!!  I have some swamp land I'll sell you.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 04:48:07 am »
For the oblivious, Trump lost the popular vote to Hilarity by 3,000,000!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 09:32:12 am »
mystery....oh so negative.

Biden was the cohort of Obama that went about and said you will keep your health plan, keep your doctor, and save $2,500 A YEAR.  Well, none of that was true.  And now people in PA, OH, WV and other states are to believe he will not eliminate fracking and eliminate all fossil fuels?  BULLSH*T!!!  I have some swamp land I'll sell you.
Considering hydraulic fracturing is used in virtually all horizontal wells in the US which produce unconventional resources, you can add ND, MT, SD, WY, CO, UT, NM, and TX to that short list and there are likely others, just on that basis. Some from of hydraulic fracturing is used on large numbers of vertical oil wells as well as a preproduction treatment or after the well has produced for a while, to stimulate better production and reservoir drainage, so you can toss in the rest of the oil producing states as well. 

As for keeping my doctor?
No. In fact, I lost my insurance to the ACA because while affordable it did not comply with ACA requirements. I could not afford the exchange alternatives and made too much for subsidies. I have only briefly had insurance since.

If his lips are moving, either he is lying or it bodes ill.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 09:33:43 am »
For the oblivious, Trump lost the popular vote to Hilarity by 3,000,000!
Yep. he did, probably just a part of the 'fraud margin' the democrats had cooked up, and why they were so incredulous at Clinton's  loss. The 'fix' was in.

But even more important, those popular votes did not capture the necessary electoral college votes, and that's where the vote matters.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:35:14 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis