Author Topic: Gov. Andrew Cuomo's New York State of bankruptcy  (Read 371 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gov. Andrew Cuomo's New York State of bankruptcy
« on: October 14, 2020, 12:27:53 am »
 By Gary Anderson - - Monday, October 12, 2020

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

New York’s Gov. Andrew Cuomo has led his state to the edge of bankruptcy. Mr. Cuomo’s strategy for avoiding disaster is to bank on a Biden win in November that swings Congress Democratic. A left-leaning Congress would undoubtedly bail him out; but if Mr. Cuomo is wrong about the election outcome, he is in a great deal of trouble.

New York has been living beyond its means for years, and the COVID-19 crisis is pushing it over the brink. Years of expensive “nanny state” regulations and a bloated state governmental bureaucracy have been supported by some of the highest taxes in the country. Mr. Cuomo’s targeting of New York businesses during the pandemic has driven sales tax revenue to all-time lows, and it will get worse.

Sixty-three percent of New York bars and restaurants are projected to close within the year. Large companies and young workers are fleeing the state in droves, which will further drive down income tax revenue. Mr. Cuomo has recently doubled-down by threatening to close establishments not complying with his COVID-19 edicts.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/oct/12/gov-andrew-cuomos-new-york-state-of-bankruptcy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Gov. Andrew Cuomo's New York State of bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 03:58:56 am »
I'm willing to bail them out if they will agree to stay in NYC,and never leave.

It will be both cheaper and safer in the long run to keep the bastards up there,and not have them moving south and corrupting what little remains of the real America.

Now,if you could put a bounty on any of them found to have left,I could go along with that,too!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 11:21:23 am »
It’s really sad to read about the decline of Manhattan

Cities rise, cities fall. Read your history. We’re living it. It’s sad.

As for the state, I believe it can come back. Either Cuomo will have an epiphany now or when he’s a private citizen again.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:24:21 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 12:43:37 am »
This doesn't help Cuomo either as the flight is underway in larger numbers.

Billionaire Paul Singer to relocate massive NYC hedge fund to Florida: Report
Billionaire activist investor Paul Singer is reportedly the latest Wall Street bigwig looking to relocate his hedge fund from New York City for Florida.

Singer is taking his $41 billion firm, Elliott Management, to West Palm Beach, according to a report from Bloomberg, which cited people familiar with the matter.

While planting a new headquarters in West Palm Beach, Singer will also keep space in Midtown Manhattan and open offices in Greenwich so that all of his employees are not required to relocate, the publication said.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/billionaire-paul-singer-relocate-nyc-hedge-fund-florida

I particularly like this excerpt from article:

Republican Florida Sen. Rick Scott told FOX Business on Thursday said he sends thank you notes to Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio “all the time” because they “send more people to Florida than anybody else.”
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:44:55 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 12:46:32 am »
I'm willing to bail them out if they will agree to stay in NYC,and never leave.

It will be both cheaper and safer in the long run to keep the bastards up there,and not have them moving south and corrupting what little remains of the real America.

Now,if you could put a bounty on any of them found to have left,I could go along with that,too!
Didn't Trump move from NY to Florida?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington