Author Topic: College encourages students to ignore grammar to support 'gender diverse folx'  (Read 483 times)

rangerrebew

College encourages students to ignore grammar to support 'gender diverse folx'

Lela Gallery
Massachusetts Campus Correspondent

on Oct 07, 2020 at 5:54 PM EDT

Mount Holyoke Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion shared a post informing students that the pronoun “they” is grammatically correct in the singular use.

However, the post admitted that even if singular “they” isn’t grammatically correct, it’s better to support “gender diverse folx.”

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=15857
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:20:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline PeteS in CA

Inability to communicate clearly and efficiently tends to be a hindrance in getting a good job and in career advancement.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

If we read comments at Facebook or Twitter, I suspect we've all seen the results of this teaching, namely that people simply cannot express themselves coherently. More often than not, I just keep staring at a post, wondering for the life of me what the person was trying to say.

Why is "folx" better than the gender-neutral and inoffensive "folks," anyway?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

Will the 'elites' use this new grammar?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
1)  "People judge you by the words you use."  Wise words from an old radio commercial.

2)  "Newspeak" is doubleplus ungood.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You know,the only way to stop this is for a bunch of parents to get together,pool their money,and hire Archie Bunkers favorite law firm of "Seven Savage Jews" to file suit against the schools in court based oN fraud. They sent their children there to get educated,and instead they got indoctrinated.

Name the Dean and the school board members in the suit as co-defendants so they are also held financially responsible.

Win ONE case like this,and watch the rest of them immediately lose their radical communist POV and switch back to actually teaching the subjects they are supposed to teach.

Providing they even know how,of course.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:24:14 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Pull the accreditation at that joint. If they can't even teach English, a degree from that place is and should be worth less.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
One grammar class  (English 200 something, 3 credits) was mandatory for graduation for all Liberal Arts students at my college.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
One grammar class  (English 200 something, 3 credits) was mandatory for graduation for all Liberal Arts students at my college.
We had to have a year of Freshman English and a literature course, total of 9 credits.
I took the AP English test in High School, and received credit for the two semesters of Freshman English, so I only had the literature course to take.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Who coulda seenz this comin'...?