Author Topic: Ted Cruz warns the election ‘could be a bloodbath of Watergate proportions’ for GOP  (Read 619 times)

Offline libertybele

I'd like to think that Ted is wrong on this, but usually he calls things pretty accurately and I believe he is absolutely correct and believe we all need to brace ourselves for the possibility of a bloodbath. First Trump wasn't going to address the issue of stimulus money, and now, it's a focus.  Not a good time for Trump to be backpedaling. There are other issues as well which don't exactly spell a Trump or GOP victory in either house; he has been unable to unify the entire party which has always been a concern.  We cannot and should not overlook the fact that The US debt is now projected to be larger than the US economy; not that a Biden win would change that.

It certainly doesn't seem that the RNC has implemented any 'systems' to ensure a fair election as there has already been several reports of 'misguided' or 'misplaced' mail in ballots.  Also a huge concern is the significant change in demographics in FL and TX which could easily turn those states Blue.

Ted Cruz warns the election ‘could be a bloodbath of Watergate proportions’ for GOP

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, warned on Friday that Republicans could see “a bloodbath of Watergate proportions” if voters are angry and broke when casting their ballots next month.

Cruz blamed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer for holding up a deal to provide a new round stimulus and direct payment checks to Americans during the coronavirus pandemic, although it was President Donald Trump who abruptly called off talks earlier this week.

“If people are going back to work, if they’re optimistic, if they’re positive about the future, we could see a fantastic election: the president getting reelected with a big margin, Republicans winning both Houses of Congress,” Cruz said in an interview on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

“But I also think if on Election Day, people are angry and they’ve given up hope and they’re depressed, which is what Pelosi and Schumer want them to be, I think it could be a terrible election. I think we could lose the White House and both houses of Congress, that it could be a bloodbath of Watergate proportions.”

Cruz was referring to congressional gains Democrats made in 1974 following President Richard Nixon’s resignation over the Watergate scandal. Democrat Jimmy Carter would go on to win the presidential race in 1976.

Trump abruptly called off talks until after the election earlier this week, though Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin spoke about a broad stimulus plan on Thursday, according to the speaker’s spokesperson Drew Hammill.

Cruz said he’d spoken with Trump on Thursday and that the president wants to make a deal. That day, White House communications director Alyssa Farah told reporters the administration wanted to address a variety of stimulus strategies but not as “part of a larger package.” Farah later told reporters “we’re open to going with something bigger,” but “we’re not going to operate from the $2.2 trillion that the speaker laid out.”............

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/09/election-2020-ted-cruz-warns-of-bloodbath-for-gop.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline libertybele

Good to see you @libertybele   :beer:

Thank you.  I've been reading posts in here on and off.

Prayers up for this President...BIGLY and for this country!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'd like to think that Ted is wrong on this, but usually he calls things pretty accurately and I believe he is absolutely correct and believe we all need to brace ourselves for the possibility of a bloodbath.

:shrug: THe whole thing is up in the air... 2016 coulda' been a fluke, and the polls are right... history could repeat itself. Certainly that *could* happen, and folks best be prepared if it does.

anyone else remember election night 2012? That one shook me up.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
In 2016, I knew Trump would win from the day he announced he was running.  When I spoke to conservative friends, they all thought I was nuts.  One in particular, a staunch conservative was for Gov Walker.  When Walker bailed from the running, he thought Sen Rubio was going to win.  I said no way will he be at the finish line.  When he bailed, he went to Sen Cruz.  I just laughed.  Finally, when it was Trump vs Clinton, they all believe she would win.  I told them he will kick her butt.

So what we are witnessing is almost a repeat of 2016.  Thanks to COVID-19, Joe Clueless has been operating from his basement, and the media have been carrying the water for him.  The media's polls are all not worth the paper they are printed  on, and that includes Fox News, which has joined the MSM in extreme bias against Trump.  I think there are states Trump needs to work in to gain the majority of voters, but we have nearly one month until the election.  That is plenty of time to show Americans that Trump, despite having suffered the negative affects of COVID-19, he is still out there going strong against the weak sister Biden.

TRUMP TAKES 40 STATES WITH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE.

Offline libertybele

In 2016, I knew Trump would win from the day he announced he was running.  When I spoke to conservative friends, they all thought I was nuts.  One in particular, a staunch conservative was for Gov Walker.  When Walker bailed from the running, he thought Sen Rubio was going to win.  I said no way will he be at the finish line.  When he bailed, he went to Sen Cruz.  I just laughed.  Finally, when it was Trump vs Clinton, they all believe she would win.  I told them he will kick her butt.

So what we are witnessing is almost a repeat of 2016.  Thanks to COVID-19, Joe Clueless has been operating from his basement, and the media have been carrying the water for him.  The media's polls are all not worth the paper they are printed  on, and that includes Fox News, which has joined the MSM in extreme bias against Trump.  I think there are states Trump needs to work in to gain the majority of voters, but we have nearly one month until the election.  That is plenty of time to show Americans that Trump, despite having suffered the negative affects of COVID-19, he is still out there going strong against the weak sister Biden.

TRUMP TAKES 40 STATES WITH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE.

I agree with you - the polls are absolutely worthless.  I'm going by the indicators I listed above; changing demographics especially in TX and FL, voter fraud and corruption, the debt being larger than our economy and Trump's inability to bring members of his own party together.

Biden is throwing a ton of money at TV ads around here -- I don't watch TV but in passing through the den or at dinner or lunch time while hubby has the TV on, I have yet to see a Trump ad which I find troubling.  Not exactly an accurate gauge of things I know, but there are just as many Biden signs as there are Trump; very unusual for this area -- demographics have changed.

Sure, I'd love to see Trump take 40 states, but I just don't see it happening.  Keeping the Senate is going to take a miracle, Trump taking the WH will surprise me and there's no way the GOP takes the House. 

IMHO that is reality.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I agree with you - the polls are absolutely worthless.

I think there's a middle ground between "polls are worthless" and "polls are absolute truth".

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think there's a middle ground between "polls are worthless" and "polls are absolute truth".

Polls are a snapshot in time.  A snapshot of who is lying to the pollsters.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.