Author Topic: 'Insufficient': Pelosi rejects latest White House aid offer  (Read 722 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Insufficient': Pelosi rejects latest White House aid offer
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:14:08 pm »
'Insufficient': Pelosi rejects latest White House aid offer
by Susan Ferrechio, Chief Congressional Correspondent |
 | October 10, 2020 11:33 AM

It’s looking far less likely that Congress will pass a new coronavirus aid package in 2020.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi again rejected a White House compromise offer on a coronavirus aid package, telling fellow Democrats in a letter Saturday that “the Trump proposal is insufficient.”

President Trump on Friday signed off on a $1.8 trillion proposal that White House negotiators hoped would facilitate a deal with Democrats, who control the House.

While the offer proves $200 billion more than a previous package offered by the Trump administration, it’s far short of the $2.4 trillion Pelosi had been asking for in private talks with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. It’s also far less than the $2.2 trillion measure that House Democrats passed earlier in September.

Pelosi wrote to Democrats on Saturday that the latest White House offer falls short by $200 billion in federal unemployment insurance. Democrats want the federal government to continue with $600 in weekly supplemental jobless benefits, which the GOP said is too high and discourages people from returning to work.

Pelosi said the latest offer also lacks sufficient funding for day care, earned income tax credits, and child tax credits.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/insufficient-pelosi-rejects-latest-white-house-aid-offer
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: 'Insufficient': Pelosi rejects latest White House aid offer
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 09:15:33 pm »
Senate Republicans rip new White House coronavirus proposal

Senate Republicans on Saturday offered fierce pushback against the administration's latest coronavirus relief proposal during a call with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Senate Republicans raised concerns about the $1.8 trillion price tag of the White House's latest offer to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Nancy Pelosi
Loeffler unveils resolution condemning Pelosi for comments on 25th Amendment
On The Money: Trump fuels and frustrates COVID-19 relief talks | Trump proposes .8T coronavirus relief package | Vegas ties helped Trump score M windfall in 2016
Trump fuels and frustrates COVID-19 relief talks
MORE
(D-Calif.), multiple sources familiar with the call told The Hill.

One source familiar with the call said that there were "significant concerns raised with the price tag."

"There’s an openness to continue negotiating, but the current top line is an obstacle," the source added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/520489-senate-republicans-rip-new-white-house-coronavirus-proposal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 09:46:14 pm »

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 09:49:31 pm »
Senate Republicans on Saturday offered fierce pushback against the administration's latest coronavirus relief proposal

Oy .... could we hire some Republicans who know how to negotiate or use an election issue?   :facepalm2:

Nancy reacted exactly as expected.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 11:08:02 pm »
Why do Mr. Trump and the rest of the Pubbies even bother with this, so "late in the game".

The democrat-communists are NEVER going to negotiate in good faith.
Same as the Soviet communists who preceded them...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 11:10:13 pm »
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi again rejected a White House compromise offer on a coronavirus aid package, telling fellow Democrats in a letter Saturday that “the Trump proposal is insufficient.”

That's what she would say if Trump had offered her 4x as much money. She's playing politics.No amount of money would be enough.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 11:12:29 pm »
Oy .... could we hire some Republicans who know how to negotiate or use an election issue?   :facepalm2:

Nancy reacted exactly as expected.

@Right_in_Virginia

How could it NOT be obvious to everyone that Trump offered her all that money to call her bluff and expose her as a liar and a phoney?

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 11:43:23 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

How could it NOT be obvious to everyone that Trump offered her all that money to call her bluff and expose her as a liar and a phoney?

Apparently for it not to be obvious you have to be a Republican working in Congress @sneakypete  :laugh:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 11:53:17 pm »
Senate Republicans rip new White House coronavirus proposal

Senate Republicans on Saturday offered fierce pushback against the administration's latest coronavirus relief proposal during a call with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Senate Republicans raised concerns about the $1.8 trillion price tag of the White House's latest offer to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Nancy Pelosi
Loeffler unveils resolution condemning Pelosi for comments on 25th Amendment
On The Money: Trump fuels and frustrates COVID-19 relief talks | Trump proposes .8T coronavirus relief package | Vegas ties helped Trump score M windfall in 2016
Trump fuels and frustrates COVID-19 relief talks
MORE
(D-Calif.), multiple sources familiar with the call told The Hill.

One source familiar with the call said that there were "significant concerns raised with the price tag."

"There’s an openness to continue negotiating, but the current top line is an obstacle," the source added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/520489-senate-republicans-rip-new-white-house-coronavirus-proposal

Then some here rip the president for not reigning in spending. Why did Trump want the job? Why would anyone.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 04:46:30 am »
I think the recent antics of the bat sh*t crazy Pelosi will result in the Republicans winning the House back.  Does anyone really want to put up with Pelosi's nonsense for the next four years, along with AOC and her commie gang?  Hell no!!!

The American people can see who represents them in Congress, and it is not the Democommies with all their stunts!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 08:11:50 am »
I think the recent antics of the bat sh*t crazy Pelosi will result in the Republicans winning the House back.  Does anyone really want to put up with Pelosi's nonsense for the next four years, along with AOC and her commie gang?  Hell no!!!

The American people can see who represents them in Congress, and it is not the Democommies with all their stunts!

@jafo2010

IF the media had half as much self-respect as the typical crack whore,they would be so ashamed of themselves for the "reporting" they have done on Slow Joe,Pelosi,and the other senile and crooked Dims that they would be suicidal.

It is now to the point if I saw a national reporter drowning,I would throw them a cement block,and I am not even the tiniest bit embarrassed to state it. These "professionals" sold their souls to keep their jobs,while putting the future of America at risk. The SAME America they and their families live in,which means they KNOWING put their whole families in addition to themselves at risk in exchange for headlines and stories that promoted their careers and boosted their egos.

In FACT,it is insulting to crack whores to even mention them in the same sentence as editors and reporters. You are lower than child molestors,and are whores yourselves.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 09:06:13 am »
@jafo2010

IF the media had half as much self-respect as the typical crack whore,they would be so ashamed of themselves for the "reporting" they have done on Slow Joe,Pelosi,and the other senile and crooked Dims that they would be suicidal.

It is now to the point if I saw a national reporter drowning,I would throw them a cement block,and I am not even the tiniest bit embarrassed to state it. These "professionals" sold their souls to keep their jobs,while putting the future of America at risk. The SAME America they and their families live in,which means they KNOWING put their whole families in addition to themselves at risk in exchange for headlines and stories that promoted their careers and boosted their egos.

In FACT,it is insulting to crack whores to even mention them in the same sentence as editors and reporters. You are lower than child molestors,and are whores yourselves.
I;m not so proactive, but I would actually try to figure out the video thingy on my phone...I bet a drowning dem would go viral.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 03:08:25 pm »
I;m not so proactive, but I would actually try to figure out the video thingy on my phone...I bet a drowning dem would go viral.

@Smokin Joe

I'd pay to watch it.