Author Topic: FNC’s Wallace: Trump ‘Made a Big Mistake’ Bowing Out of Virtual Debate  (Read 1690 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 9 Oct 2020

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said Friday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom” that President Donald Trump made a “big mistake” by bowing out of the virtual second debate.

Wallace said, “I actually don’t think it’s that complicated. I think there is not going to be the debate next week, and, pretty clearly, I think the president made a big mistake.”

He continued, “I can understand where he wanted an in-person debate for he and Biden to be on the same stage. I don’t think it was unreasonable for the commission to say, look, given all the concerns about people’s health that we are going to make it a virtual debate. You heard the chairman or co-chair of the commission say there would have been people in the room to make sure people weren’t reading off a teleprompter.”

He added, “Where I think the president made a mistake is maybe a virtual debate isn’t an in-person debate, but it’s better than no debate. That’s what the president will get now. He is behind in the polls. He has two opportunities; it seems to me two big opportunities to flip the script, which were the two debates, and he gave one of them away. It looks like there will be one final debate on the 22nd. There won’t be a debate the last week. I know the White House is calling for that. The Biden campaign has said all along we’re going with the debates as scheduled. There is not a chance in the world there will be a debate five days before the election. It just isn’t going to happen.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/09/fncs-wallace-trump-made-a-big-mistake-bowing-out-of-virtual-debate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Incredibly ironic that Fox may end up being the one entity that most helped Biden get elected.

First ....  letting this left wing puke modrate in the first place.

Secondly, the so called conservative brain trust of Fox...   Colson, Hannity, and Levin.......   all toe Company line, and fail to rebuke Wallace's stunt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

If Chris Wallace wants him at the virtual debate, an ambush is planned. 

Why has Wallace not been fired yet?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Incredibly ironic that Fox may end up being the one entity that most helped Biden get elected.

First ....  letting this left wing puke modrate in the first place.

Secondly, the so called conservative brain trust of Fox...   Colson, Hannity, and Levin.......   all toe Company line, and fail to rebuke Wallace's stunt.

It annoyed me, too, that the conservative brain trust at Fox followed their marching orders -- to a point.  They didn't slice and dice Wallace as I would have liked, but at least none of them defended him.

But now Wallace needs to be shunned. Stop watching FNC for your debate and election coverage.  If you need a Fox fix, turn on Fox Business channel.

Offline skeeter

It annoyed me, too, that the conservative brain trust at Fox followed their marching orders -- to a point.  They didn't slice and dice Wallace as I would have liked, but at least none of them defended him.

But now Wallace needs to be shunned. Stop watching FNC for your debate and election coverage.  If you need a Fox fix, turn on Fox Business channel.

I never would've imagined Fair & Balanced Fox News would be among the casualties of the Trump presidency. If Carlson were to leave the bottom would fall out of their ratings right now.

I'm on OANN more these days. Some of their anchors are a bit on the unseasoned side and I understand they're partisan, but they do respect the truth.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 05:31:05 pm by skeeter »

I never would've imagined Fair & Balanced Fox News would be among the casualties of the Trump presidency.

FNC is a casualty of Roger Ailes' death.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I agree with Wallace that blowing off the town hall debate is a mistake.   Following Trump's disastrous first debate and Pence's bravura performance,  Trump needs to get back in front of the public and continue what Pence started.   A town hall debate gives him the opportunity to speak one on one with a voter and project empathy.   He should not deny himself the chance to do so.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:17:32 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

I agree with Wallace that blowing off the town hall debate is a mistake.   [...]   A town hall debate gives him the opportunity to speak one on one with a voter and project empathy.   He should not deny himself the chance to do so.

Did you miss the part about this being a virtual town hall?  Have you missed the part that Biden will use a teleprompter loaded with the answers to the questions he's given ahead of time?  Why would any candidate for any office agree to be on the receiving end of the bullshit in this setup?   :pondering:

Offline LegalAmerican

I agree with Wallace that blowing off the town hall debate is a mistake.   Following Trump's disastrous first debate and Pence's bravura performance,  Trump needs to get back in front of the public and continue what Pence started.   A town hall debate gives him the opportunity to speak one on one with a voter and project empathy.   He should not deny himself the chance to do so.

If you are still in doubt, who to  vote for after 4 years.....you all are hopeless.  WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

Did you miss the part about this being a virtual town hall?  Have you missed the part that Biden will use a teleprompter loaded with the answers to the questions he's given ahead of time?  Why would any candidate for any office agree to be on the receiving end of the bullshit in this setup?   :pondering:

Who would agree with Wallace?  lol

:thumbsup:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Trump, like Reagan, rode his popularity in spite of MSM bias and refuses to permit the media to be the ones conveying his message to the American people.

It is why Twitter is so heavily used.

No way will he let a setup occur like a virtual debate.

He'll likely instead hold an open air rally with 100,000 people present while Joe debates himself.

In fact, it would be grand if his team developed a video of Joe on split screen displaying the contrasts he has made with positions over the years?  It can be played at the rally and aired on commercial breaks before or after Joe's debate with himself.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The suits don't want a virtual debate because of the Rona, they just want to have an Off button for Trump's microphone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

Trump, like Reagan, rode his popularity in spite of MSM bias and refuses to permit the media to be the ones conveying his message to the American people.

It is why Twitter is so heavily used.

No way will he let a setup occur like a virtual debate.

He'll likely instead hold an open air rally with 100,000 people present while Joe debates himself.

In fact, it would be grand if his team developed a video of Joe on split screen displaying the contrasts he has made with positions over the years?  It can be played at the rally and aired on commercial breaks before or after Joe's debate with himself.

There already IS a  split screen with BIDEN debating himself.   FOR AND AGAINST the same issue. 

Offline montanajoe

If you are still in doubt, who to  vote for after 4 years.....you all are hopeless.  WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

I have no doubt at all...I'm voting against Trump... :shrug:

Offline God Emperor

Not worried about MT  :shrug:
Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog and will do it again – just watch. He can do much better!

Offline skeeter

Thanks for answering that nagging question. I've been wondering.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:56:27 pm by skeeter »

Online corbe

You people need to put the blame where it rightly deserves to be ~ The RNC.  They negotiated this $hit with the Presidential Debate Commission, as they have done for the last 20 years or so, we've been getting screwed, admit it and move on.

LOL, at suggestions above concerning the FOX Business Channel being a viable alternative......

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   You people need to put the blame where it rightly deserves to be ~ The RNC.  They negotiated this $hit with the Presidential Debate Commission, as they have done for the last 20 years or so, we've been getting screwed, admit it and move on.

LOL, at suggestions above concerning the FOX Business Channel being a viable alternative......

The RNC did not negotiate for a "virtual" debate.  The Debate Commission did that all on their lonesome.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I don't know.  Cavuto has been pretty objective.  I've dissed Mr. Trump when he has missed the mark. Yeah, he still gets my vote though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

But @catfish1957 they agree to all these measly mouth Moderators, even down to Candy Crowley. It's been a mess for years. IMHO there are some non bias moderators out there.  Maybe by 2024 they'll wake up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

I always thought Neil was pretty objective and with that being said I'm not sure he'd make a good moderator in a Trump/Biden debate.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   I always thought Neil was pretty objective and with that being said I'm not sure he'd make a good moderator in a Trump/Biden debate.

He'd have been better than Wallace, and we Briefers predicted that train wreck as soon as we heard he got the gig.
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
He'd have been better than Wallace, and we Briefers predicted that train wreck as soon as we heard he got the gig.

Dang right.  Wallace is still gigging Trump weeks after his disastrous amateur attmept at moderating a debate.  He ought to be a hero to the left. 

Offline LegalAmerican

The suits don't want a virtual debate because of the Rona, they just want to have an Off button for Trump's microphone.

BINGO.  COMMUNISTS.... 888high58888