Author Topic: Surprising science – There’s no such thing as clean energy  (Read 350 times)

rangerrebew

Surprising science – There’s no such thing as clean energy

10/08/2020 / By News Editors

Meticulous Research Review Questions Environmental Impacts and Feasibility of “Green Energy” Transition

(Article by Anthony Watts republished from WattsUpWithThat.com)

A meticulous new review published in the scientific journal, Energies, conducted by a team of Irish and US-based researchers including CERES researchers, raises surprising and unsettling questions about the feasibility and the environmental impacts of the transition to renewable energy sources. Concern for climate change has driven massive investment in new “green energy” policies intended to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other environmental impacts from the fossil fuel industry. The world spent US$3,660 billion on climate change projects over the eight-year period 2011–2018. A total of 55% of this sum was spent on solar and wind energy, while only 5% was spent on adapting to the impacts of extreme weather events.

https://www.climate.news/2020-10-08-no-such-thing-as-clean-energy.html

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Surprising science – There’s no such thing as clean energy
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 03:28:19 pm »
That's not news to those of us engineers who apply their education properly..........

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 03:39:50 pm »
If the left wing enviro-whackos get their way, 50 years from now the wonderful feeling of a reving V8 will be gone.

And have or keep a vintage car?  Good luck with that when gasoline in general is banned by then, 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 03:45:54 pm »
That's not news to those of us engineers who apply their education properly..........

Back in my TOS days, I did like a 10 page analysis of the side by side environmental cosiderations of green fuel vs. fossil.  Accounting for back end  disposal, there was no discernible differences, except the exteme negative start up costs associated with green.  And if I remember correctly, that analysis was based on a $60 or $70 /bbl oil price at the time.  So in essence, green will be obviously much more costly now

The envir0-whackos have some strange understanding that unicorms on hamster wheels must create electricity. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 06:05:35 pm »
Back in my TOS days, I did like a 10 page analysis of the side by side environmental cosiderations of green fuel vs. fossil.  Accounting for back end  disposal, there was no discernible differences, except the exteme negative start up costs associated with green.  And if I remember correctly, that analysis was based on a $60 or $70 /bbl oil price at the time.  So in essence, green will be obviously much more costly now

The envir0-whackos have some strange understanding that unicorms on hamster wheels must create electricity.

Unicorn farts and Fairy dust will overcome the laws of physics and let everyone have unlimited clean energy for free.