Author Topic: Debate moderator Steve Scully's tweet to Scaramucci raises questions about impartiality  (Read 942 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Debate moderator Steve Scully's tweet to Scaramucci raises questions about impartiality

Scully was an intern for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

By Sophie Mann

Updated: October 9, 2020 - 9:12am

A tweet by C-SPAN'S Steve Scully, the next presidential debate moderator, Thursday evening is sparking speculation on social media about the meaning of the message and more concerns about Scully's objectivity.

Apparently tweeting at the president's former ally-turned-critic Anthony Scaramucci, Scully wrote in the since deleted tweet, "@Scaramucci should I respond to trump."

Some people, largely reporters, concluded that the message was meant to be sent privately to the president's former White House communications director.

"It appears that our moderator for the next debate thinks he's dm'ing with Scaramucci but accidentally tweeted at him. I'm sure he'll be a fair and unbiased moderator," tweeted the Daily Caller's Greg Price.

Politico reporter Alex Thompson posted: "Odd thing for the next debate moderator to tweet."

The Hill reporter Joe Concha also questioned the matter, tweeting, "Why is the next presidential debate moderator publicly asking one of Trump's staunchest critics ... if he should respond to the president?"

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/chosen-debate-moderator-steve-scully-raises-questions-about-impartiality
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scully said his account was hacked and didn't send that tweet.....the old hacking my account ploy  :whistle:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline bilo

I can't believe how stacked everything is against Trump. Yet, he just keeps pushing ahead.

I really don't care if there is another debate. It's obvious who that Biden represents the elites and govt. employees and Trump represents the middle class that is being destroyed by the elites.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I can't believe how stacked everything is against Trump. Yet, he just keeps pushing ahead.

I really don't care if there is another debate. It's obvious who that Biden represents the elites and govt. employees and Trump represents the middle class that is being destroyed by the elites.

I think Trump is the sort of person who rises to the task.  He performs best when under resistance.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I've come to hate them, they've become 'gotcha' theater for the rats. Unfortunately many people tune in, so they're the single best election season means to get one's point past the rat media directly to the voter.

Trump needs to virtually ignore the questions being asked and use each 2 minute period to highlight his achievements and agenda for a second term, and concisely enlighten the voters about the media and Biden's corruption. Do not react defensively!

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeah, where have we heard that, "I wuz hacked!" BS claim before? How many times? Instapundit's Ed Driscoll caled it the "Joy Reid Defense", but I'm sure there are other instances. Scully F'ed up, exposed his partisanship, and should be off the debate posthaste!

Trump should give the Debate Commission an ultimatum. Either Scully is replaced or Trump will treat Scully as a partisan operative throughout the debate.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 06:09:01 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bilo

I think Trump is the sort of person who rises to the task. He performs best when under resistance.

We had a phrase when I was selling commercial real estate, "be a stress junkie, or get out of the way".

I think you're right about Trump the greater the pressure the better he performs.

Offline bilo

I've come to hate them, they've become 'gotcha' theater for the rats. Unfortunately many people tune in, so they're the single best election season means to get one's point past the rat media directly to the voter.

Trump needs to virtually ignore the questions being asked and use each 2 minute period to highlight his achievements and agenda for a second term, and concisely enlighten the voters about the media and Biden's corruption. Do not react defensively!

I'm with you 100%!

Offline bilo

Yeah, where have we heard that, "I wuz hacked!" BS claim before? How many times? Instapundit's Ed Driscoll caled it the "Joy Reid Defense", but I'm sure there are other instances. Scully F'ed up, exposed his partisanship, and should be off the debate posthaste!

Trump should give the Debate Commission an ultimatum. Either Scully is replaced or Trump will treat Scully as a partisan operative throughout the debate.

But who would they replace him with?

I don't think there are any objective/fair reporters out there. The media are a cesspool of ignorant leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I don't think there are any objective/fair reporters out there. The media are a cesspool of ignorant leftists.

Tucker Carlson.  I can guarantee he could have Trump just as pissed as Biteme by the end.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

I agree.  Nothing to  learn about POTUS TRUMP,  and 47 years of demon-rat rule by BIDEN.  NOTHING DONE FOR USA.

It's all at these 2 links:   http://www.magapill.com/  and  http://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/time ... ronavirus/

Offline LegalAmerican

Someone from OAN?   I agree with the rest of your statement.  ALL WANT TO SEE AMERICA DESTROYED.  That, for me, speaks to MENTAL ILLNESS.  Some brain disorder. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:54:35 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline skeeter

Suggesting a partisan from each side would be a PR coup for the Trump campaign. They could each ask questions in turn both candidates would answer.

There's no way there's a journalist out there who could hurt Trump now since they throw everything at him every day, but Biden has been protected all campaign long. That'd be a no-lose proposition for the president.

Offline LegalAmerican

Can't find  the split screen of Joe Biden debating himself.  But found this on Oct-8th 2020. Close.

http://youtu.be/kPmvzOUzaS4

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:04:49 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
aha!

Steve Scully has history of blaming 'hackers' for posts made on his Twitter account
The C-SPAN host's previous hacking claims date back to 2012 and 2013
https://www.foxnews.com/media/steve-scully-blaming-hackers-twitter-account
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Scully said his account was hacked and didn't send that tweet.....the old hacking my account ploy  :whistle:
Pathetic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Donald Trump Jr.  @DonaldJTrumpJr
Since Steve Scully claims he was hacked, will he allow Twitter to show all logins to his account? If he was hacked that could be a serious attempt of a foreign election intervention. If he won’t, did he an the commission lie to the American people?
12:18 PM · Oct 9, 2020·

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Chris Wallace said he believes Scully is bipartisan and that his account was hacked.   
If Chris believes that than Scully is quilty as sin!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Joseph A. Wulfsohn @JosephWulfsohn
These two tweets have since been deleted from @SteveScully's account this afternoon.

4:54 PM · Oct 9, 2020·

The most hacked tweeter in America!!!  :silly:

Offline bilo

Tucker Carlson.  I can guarantee he could have Trump just as pissed as Biteme by the end.

I was thinking about him. He might be the only exception.

Offline mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong  @stillgray
Steve Scully nuked his Twitter account. Again. That's twice in one day. Was it "hacked" again or did he just get tired of people quote tweeting his old tweets in which he claimed to be hacked?
5:18 PM · Oct 9, 2020

:laugh:

Offline dfwgator

LOL, they are just figuring this out?

Offline dfwgator

I think Maria Bartiromo would be great,  Trump should have suggested her for one of the debates.

Offline PeteS in CA

aha!

Steve Scully has history of blaming 'hackers' for posts made on his Twitter account
The C-SPAN host's previous hacking claims date back to 2012 and 2013
https://www.foxnews.com/media/steve-scully-blaming-hackers-twitter-account

:silly: I actually had Joy Reid's I-wuz-hacked shtick in mind above, but Scully too? :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

Hugh Hewitt would be great. As would Brian Sussman, though I don't think he has much national-level visibility.