Author Topic: The NBA Sticks to Sports: Will Ditch On the Court Social Justice Displays After this Season  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is pure insanity from a business angle.

That means it ain't about business in the first place... And their board of directors, who should be all about the Benjamins, should be having a come to Jesus moment...

One would think.  Again, it goes to illustrating their true goals for their business, and that's not good for business.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

One would think.  Again, it goes to illustrating their true goals for their business, and that's not good for business.

That's right. Get Woke Go Broke. They'll have to learn it sooner or later.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's right. Get Woke Go Broke. They'll have to learn it sooner or later.

Some liberals who have been mugged...are still liberals.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Night Hides Not

The NBA and Adam Silver are breathing easier today, as the Chinese lifted the ban on televising NBA games, starting with Game 5, a few days ago.

The American market pales in comparison to the Chinese market, so don't expect Mark Cuban and the rest of the NBA to give a hoot about us.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The NBA and Adam Silver are breathing easier today, as the Chinese lifted the ban on televising NBA games, starting with Game 5, a few days ago.

The American market pales in comparison to the Chinese market, so don't expect Mark Cuban and the rest of the NBA to give a hoot about us.

I'd like to see the revenue numbers to back up that claim (...not arguing with you, it might be so!).
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

I don't know if the Chinese have to pay to watch games? but I can almost guarantee that what ever fee they pay would not be comparable to what a game ticket costs. Or concessions. They are exorbitant. Of course, I guess they could make lost revenue up in t-shirt/tennis shoe sales.

Myself...as I have said, I don't care. I quit watching when Dirk retired.

Offline Absalom

Long ago Abe Saperstein acquired the Savoy Ball-Boys
and re-labeled them the Harlem Globetrotters.
For him, they were nothing but actors on a wooden floor rather than
on a Broadway stage, whose sole purpose was to generate laughs.
Nothing has changed since then!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 06:55:56 pm by Absalom »

Offline goatprairie

Long ago Abe Saperstein acquired the Savoy Ball Boys and re-labeled them the Harlem Globetrotters.
For him, they were nothing but actors on a wooden floor rather than on a Broadway stage. whose sole purpose was to generate laughs. Nothing has changed since then!
Nevertheless, the Globies were probably the best pro bball players in the world until the BAA-NBA got going in the late forties.
They even had games against the Minneapolis Lakers starting in 1948 wherein the Globies won their first two games. The Globies mostly played serious ball and ditched a lot of their regular comedy routines.  They won the first game at the buzzer by two points and won the next game by four points. The Lakers won the next six games, and they never played anymore.
At that time the NBA was not integrated, so the Globies got most of the best black players. After the league was integrated in 1950 the NBA started to get the best black players.
By the sixties the Globies could not compete with any NBA team.

BTW....There are still many people who think the Globies are the best players in the world. Many years ago I got into an argument with the father of one boy whose grade school team I was helping coach.
The father claimed the Globies could beat any NBA team easily. I knew they'd get crushed, but after a few words back and forth I let it go. People will believe what they want to believe.