Author Topic: The NBA Sticks to Sports: Will Ditch On the Court Social Justice Displays After this Season  (Read 2002 times)

rangerrebew

BREAKING: NBA Gets Terrible News – Trump Can’t Stop Laughing

(Breitbart) – NBA Commissioner Adam Silver now says he thinks that the league’s in-game social justice and Black Lives Matter messaging will largely come to an end next season.

Silver brought up the subject during an interview with ESPN before Tuesday’s Game 4 broadcast.

“I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and the jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer,” Silver said.

https://thepatriotwatchdog.com/breaking-nba-gets-terrible-news-trump-cant-stop-laughing/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 06:25:09 pm by Cyber Liberty »

rangerrebew

I have no interest in watching oversized freaks, who have the amazing talents of bouncing a ball and putting it through a hoop.  WOW!  I have two masters degrees so I really don't need a bunch of overgrown nitwits telling me how to think. ****slapping

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Original Headline and link from Breitbart:

The NBA Sticks to Sports: Will Ditch On the Court Social Justice Displays After this Season

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/10/07/the-nba-sticks-sports-will-ditch-on-the-court-social-justice-displays-after-this-season/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Original Headline and link from Breitbart:

The NBA Sticks to Sports: Will Ditch On the Court Social Justice Displays After this Season

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/10/07/the-nba-sticks-sports-will-ditch-on-the-court-social-justice-displays-after-this-season/

Of course they'll ditch it, it's not an election year.

Offline Lando Lincoln

It
Doesn't
 Matter
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It
Doesn't
 Matter

More than anything else, the virus' impact caused Americans to judge what is important in living and what is not.

And the NBA is decidedly the latter.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
More than anything else, the virus' impact caused Americans to judge what is important in living and what is not.

And the NBA is decidedly the latter.

I think that's part of it.  The isolation begged for a pastime, and sports usually fills that need.  Streaming entertainment like Netflix and Amazon got a big boost. 

But, the various sports leagues decided to push Social Justice, which negated the concept of "pastime."  It made watching sports an exercise in anger, so naturally people started tuning it out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Lando Lincoln

When I tune in a sporting event, I do so to escape the concerns, worries and headaches of life for a couple hours.  That's it.  I want to be entertained in the hopes that I might witness something amazing and "my" team wins.  I do not need to be lectured, even ridiculed, by highly paid athletes/social warriors whose personal lives are often highlighted by Baby Mamas and the thug life.  I don't need the messaging even in a subtle way because I get it every time I watch or read the news, turn on the television or log into the internet.  No sports in my life?  I'll be just fine. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline goatprairie

Even on the basketball forum  of which I'm a member,  many posters reacted to this news favorably condemning all the social justice bullsh*t hardcore fans have had shoved down their throats.
Undoubtedly, sinking ratings had a lot to do with  the idiot Silver's decision to clamp down on the SJ messages.
Nevertheless, until they make a full apology, I won't be watching any games, and I hope millions of other NBA fans do likewise.
The games were becoming unwatchable anyway with many contests merely three point shooting contests. The constant gesticulating "look at me" by many players also turned me off.
I hope they suffer a long time.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When I tune in a sporting event, I do so to escape the concerns, worries and headaches of life for a couple hours.  That's it.  I want to be entertained in the hopes that I might witness something amazing and "my" team wins.  I do not need to be lectured, even ridiculed, by highly paid athletes/social warriors whose personal lives are often highlighted by Baby Mamas and the thug life.  I don't need the messaging even in a subtle way because I get it every time I watch or read the news, turn on the television or log into the internet.  No sports in my life?  I'll be just fine.
Nice post and on the mark.

I might add that I enjoy sports because one can identify with a team and its players as one can imagine being like them, even briefly during the event.

When the type of behavior like arrogantly trampling on our patriotic symbols like our anthem and flag, or creating a different kind of patriotism most Americans can not identify with like a black national anthem are displayed, then that link with players and team is lost.  Hence, there is no interest in seeing that by most of us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

Carole King - It's Too Late (Audio)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

Nice post and on the mark.

I might add that I enjoy sports because one can identify with a team and its players as one can imagine being like them, even briefly during the event.

When the type of behavior like arrogantly trampling on our patriotic symbols like our anthem and flag, or creating a different kind of patriotism most Americans can not identify with like a black national anthem are displayed, then that link with players and team is lost.  Hence, there is no interest in seeing that by most of us.
You mean players figuratively shouting "eff you Whitey" won't draw more fans? Puzzling.

Offline mountaineer

NBA Finals Ratings Were Officially the Lowest in Modern History

by Ryan Glasspiegel
about an hour ago   updated 6 minutes ago   

LeBron James won his NBA fourth championship on Sunday, with the NBA’s marquee franchise, the Los Angeles Lakers. However, the spectacle of this event was not enough to curb the downward viewership trends for the NBA Finals. Here is a look at the six games this year versus the six games last year (viewership in millions):

The last time LeBron James was in the NBA Finals, in 2018 Cavs-Warriors, the games averaged 17.56 million viewers. This year represents a 57.6% drop from that. ...

It is my opinion that there are also a number of viewers out there who do not want social justice messaging directly embedded with sporting events like it was with the NBA in the bubble.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver tacitly acknowledged this, in saying that he expects the messaging to largely be left off the court in future seasons. “I understand those people who are saying ‘I’m on your side, but I want to watch a basketball game,’” Silver told Rachel Nichols last week. It later came out in the New York Post that Silver was surprised by the low viewership for the NBA Finals. ... Read article at Outkick
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

2020 turned out to be the year of mass hysteria, with systemic racism and a respiratory virus among the top five fears, along with a Trump autocracy, climate change and a looming stolen election. Boy, some Americans sure are a neurotic bunch.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: BREAKING: NBA Gets Terrible News – Trump Can’t Stop Laughing
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 03:51:44 pm »
I have no interest in watching oversized freaks, who have the amazing talents of bouncing a ball and putting it through a hoop.  WOW!  I have two masters degrees so I really don't need a bunch of overgrown nitwits telling me how to think. ****slapping

Basketball is a more pointless sport than soccer IMO, which is saying something.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 04:02:02 pm »
Basketball is a more pointless sport than soccer IMO, which is saying something.

I enjoyed basketball at and prior to the Jordon/Magic/Bird era.  Defense, strategy, and talent meant something back then.

Now it is SJW laden playground thug ball, with 5 dribbles and 3 pointers.  Boring as hell.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 04:22:39 pm »
I enjoyed basketball at and prior to the Jordon/Magic/Bird era.  Defense, strategy, and talent meant something back then.

Now it is SJW laden playground thug ball, with 5 dribbles and 3 pointers.  Boring as hell.

Anybody can make 3-pointers if they practice enough.    The real skill is threading a pass to a forward for an easy layup.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 06:21:12 pm »
Actually, there are three ways to score in basketball: a two point shot, a three point shot, and a foul shot worth one point.  :tongue2:

Online roamer_1

Offline goatprairie

The NBA has soured their product greatly putting off hundreds of thousands if not millions of regular fans like me.
I might get over it some day, but for now they're going to lose my business. I was a regular subscriber to League Pass and watched a lot of games on regular tv. Screw 'em.

Online roamer_1

The NBA has soured their product greatly putting off hundreds of thousands if not millions of regular fans like me.
I might get over it some day, but for now they're going to lose my business. I was a regular subscriber to League Pass and watched a lot of games on regular tv. Screw 'em.

Get Woke Go Broke.

You would think they would learn.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Get Woke Go Broke.

You would think they would learn.

It does give us an indication of who they would rather have mad at them.  They'd rather we be angry, and that carries a cost they cannot or will not add to their calculus.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 08:03:43 pm »

@rangerrebew

That's odd.I have two GED's,one high school and one college,and I think the same thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

It does give us an indication of who they would rather have mad at them.  They'd rather we be angry, and that carries a cost they cannot or will not add to their calculus.

It is pure insanity from a business angle.

That means it ain't about business in the first place... And their board of directors, who should be all about the Benjamins, should be having a come to Jesus moment...