Author Topic: What being a cat- or dog-person says about you  (Read 429 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What being a cat- or dog-person says about you
« on: October 08, 2020, 03:41:42 pm »
What being a cat- or dog-person says about you

Which one are you?
Kat Eschner
October 7, 2020

Are you a cat person, or a dog person? The answer to this age-old question could reveal a little bit about your personality, some research shows.

For example, there are notable differences between dog and cat people as demographics. In 2014, Mikel Delgado, a postdoctoral researcher and applied animal behaviorist at the UC Davis veterinary school, authored a study that looked at something called the “Big 5” personality measurements in those who said they preferred one or the other species, as well as those who said they have no preference or don’t like cats and dogs.

The Big 5 are widely used metrics of personality, often referenced with the acronym OCEAN: openness, conscientiousness, extroversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. (That last one, neuroticism, is defined in this context as sensitivity or nervousness.) These traits, as defined in scientific literature, can be broadly applied across cultures and form a useful way to understand personalities.

Delgado found that respondents who said they preferred cats tended to be higher in openness and neuroticism, while self-identified dog people tended towards more extroversion and agreeableness.

These findings line up with previous studies on this issue. Such studies have also found that those who identify as dog people tend to be more dominant in social interactions and more narcissistic and those who identify as cat people were, at least in one study, more likely to be female.

more
https://www.popsci.com/story/science/cat-or-dog-person/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: What being a cat- or dog-person says about you
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 09:43:51 pm »
What if you have both?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 02:10:34 am »
What if you have both?
Than you are reverse bifurcated, your clothes and home are twice as hairy..................and joyful.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 02:38:25 am »
Cats exploit their relationship with mankind, while dogs are contributive and accept the bargain with grace.

Yes, I am a dog person.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 03:26:20 pm »
Than you are reverse bifurcated, your clothes and home are twice as hairy..................and joyful.

:yowsa:

Lots and lots of fur on our floors, clothing, and counters.........

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 03:32:08 pm »
How about people who will only have Bulldogs? 

I do think we will be switching from  English to Frenchies when the baby passes.    Our 90 lb. old girl reaks havoc on my old back loading her in and out of the truck on Vet visits.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 03:42:37 pm »
I, for one, welcome my feline overlords
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords