Author Topic: Trump suggests Gold Star families could have infected him  (Read 442 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump suggests Gold Star families could have infected him
« on: October 08, 2020, 03:32:22 pm »
Trump suggests Gold Star families could have infected him
By Zack Budryk - 10/08/20 11:10 AM EDT

President Trump suggested during an interview on Thursday that he could have caught the coronavirus from Gold Star families who had visited the White House.

"I figured there would be a chance that I would catch it. Sometimes I’d be with ... Gold Star families. I met with Gold Star families. I didn’t want to cancel that. But they all came in and they all talked about their son and daughter and father," Trump said in an interview with Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business's "Mornings with Maria."

Trump recounted the families telling stories of their loved ones who died serving in Iraq or Afghanistan, saying he "went through like 35 people."

"And I can’t back up, Maria, and say give me room, I want room. Give me 12 feet, stay 12 feet away when you talk. They come within an inch of my face sometimes," Trump told the host.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/520180-trump-suggests-gold-star-families-could-have-infected-him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump suggests Gold Star families could have infected him
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 03:33:21 pm »
OMG...Please just shut up!

...and I wonder why his poll numbers are tanking.. :thud:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 03:45:53 pm »
I didn't read that as him saying they purposely infected him.  More of a ignition point is all.  But yes he should have just kept that thought in his thick skull.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 04:27:42 pm »
What Trump says in an interview doesn’t matter. The press is gonna twist whatever he says anyway, and have been nonstop doing for five years.

Watch the president’s policy actions, not his chatter. That’s where the rubber meets the road.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 07:45:28 pm »
OMG...Please just shut up!

...and I wonder why his poll numbers are tanking.. :thud:

Trump is very often his worse enemy. This is an excellent example. He makes me shake my head sometimes. Pence did an excellent job last night imho. Why shoot down any positive results with off the wall statements like this?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 07:48:50 pm »
Oh, for chrissakes....

Nobody affiliated with the "Gold Star Families" who accepted an invitation to the OVAL OFFICE to speak with the POTUS is going to get pissed off and withhold their vote.

GEEZ, people!  Get real.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 07:59:34 pm »
Why do we post so much The Hill sh*t here? Its the same damn story with a few nouns & adjectives changed.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 04:05:25 pm »
Here's what Trump said, in context from https://pjmedia.com/election/matt-margolis/2020/10/08/no-trump-didnt-blame-gold-star-families-for-his-covid-19-infection-n1024153 :

Here’s what happened. Trump had told Maria Bartiromo that he “figured there would be a chance”  he’d catch the virus because he’s often in close contact with people.

“Sometimes, I’d be in groups of, for instance, Gold Star families. I met with Gold Star families. I didn’t want to cancel that,” Trump explained. “But they all came in, and they all talk about their son and daughter and father. And, you know, they all came up to me, and they tell me a story.”

“I can’t say, ‘Back up, stand 10 feet,’ you know? I just can’t do it,” Trump added. “They want to hug me, and they want to kiss me. And they do. And, frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it.”

This (Politico and The Hill) is the kind of pretzellation of things Trump says that, back in 2015, I noticed, and realized that nothing an MSM outlet claimed about Trump could be trusted. It also gave me a measure of appreciation for him because of who hated him enough to lie about him so blatantly and openly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.