General Category > Economy/Business

Here’s how traders think the markets will react to the U.S. election,.....

<< < (3/10) > >>

Gefn:
100 years ago, suffragettes fought for the right for women to vote.

I do feel sad when women don’t vote. Our grandmothers, and great grandmothers went through all that so we could vote. And so many don’t show up at the polls like they couldn’t be bothered.

I feel we let down our grandmas and great grandmas

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on October 13, 2020, 03:10:53 am ---Again, this is error.

The only demand the voter must fulfill, according to the founders, is to cast their vote with every judgement of conscience

If one conscientiously abstains - cannot vote for either when conscience stands in the way, the legitimacy of that abstention is every bit as valid as a vote.

In fact, the left and right do not exchange many votes. the difference is brought in the independents and in those who do not normally vote.

So abstention - Joining the mass that will not bother ti vote is in itself a statement on the legitimacy of the current race. If no one shows up (as happened in 2016) That serves to deny mandate, even if the win is not close. In that, even abstention has function.

in the end, the buyer is always right.If a campaign does not have the power to sway minds and influence people toward action, that campaign deserves what it gets.

--- End quote ---
You are entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts.  Mike Pence October 7, 2020

Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual - or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.

Samuel Adams: Essay in the Boston Gazette, April 16, 1781

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: IsailedawayfromFR on October 13, 2020, 01:30:44 pm ---You are entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts.  Mike Pence October 7, 2020

Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual - or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.

Samuel Adams: Essay in the Boston Gazette, April 16, 1781

--- End quote ---

Thank you for making my point.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Gefn on October 13, 2020, 09:35:47 am ---I know someone like that too. His reason for not voting is he doesn’t want to do jury duty. I liked jury duty the one time I did it. I hope I get called again.

--- End quote ---

If your friend didn't register to vote to avoid Jury Duty, then he's a dolt because most states now use the Drivers License database to select potential Jurors.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on October 13, 2020, 05:05:07 pm ---Thank you for making my point.

--- End quote ---

He made his, too.  Stated another way:  You both have good points.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version