Author Topic: New To The Board  (Read 9875 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: New To The Board
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2020, 10:29:15 am »
No. They drive fine. You just need to learn know how to stay out of their way.

That’s because some snowbirds are. looking for jughandles. The ones from NJ I mean.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:31:52 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2020, 06:51:01 pm »
Arizona is a very interesting state. 

It has so many varied features. 

I love it and I have not explored all of it.

Hope to be doing more of that soon.

I can tell you that I-40 follows some of the most desolate terrain I have ever seen (between Flag and Winslow).

I broke down out there about 30 years ago in the middle of a snowstorm.....very very lonely feeling.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2020, 08:20:55 pm »
Best pho I ever ate was in Flagstaff.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2020, 08:25:21 pm »
Best pho I ever ate was in Flagstaff.

WTF is a pho?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2020, 08:41:44 pm »
Welcome to the Briefing Room @HikerGuy83   .... we ARE a great, lovable group here with a wide range of  personalities and opinions.

I've visited southern AZ once our our honeymoon in December (coming up on 38 years) and it actually snowed briefly. We have relatives out there and haven't been back since -- they normally come here to FL to visit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2020, 08:44:01 pm »
WTF is a pho?

Dang if I know --- google search -- it's a Vietnamese soup consisting of broth, rice noodles, herbs and meat.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2020, 08:47:51 pm »
Dang if I know --- google search -- it's a Vietnamese soup consisting of broth, rice noodles, herbs and meat.

:shrug:

Thanks!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2020, 08:54:14 pm »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2020, 03:22:14 am »
WTF is a pho?

A missed spelt prefix.

Faux.

Fakers, ugly people, etc.

Fauxksahontas, fauxtogenic, etc.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2020, 03:37:03 am »
A missed spelt prefix.

Faux.

I thought maybe it was one of them new sexual gender expressions or something...

Cis, Miss, Diss, Phe, Phi, Pho Phum....  I dunno. I can't keep up with it all. :whistle: :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2020, 06:13:50 am »
A missed spelt prefix.

Faux.

I thought fauxtogenic used a little vaseline on the lens filter...and an airbrush later.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2020, 11:38:40 am »
WTF is a pho?

In some circles it is the number 4.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2020, 12:07:49 pm »
In some circles it is the number 4.

pho sho
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2020, 01:28:15 pm »

Pho is yummy. If you ever get to go to a Vietnamese restaurant try it.
Trader Joe’s also has it in their frozen meals section. It’s pretty good too, if you want to try it.

Here’s a description and photo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pho
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2020, 02:34:49 pm »
Is pho one of those East Asian soups in which thin-sliced uncooked meat is placed in the broth when served and the heat of the broth cooks the meat?

BTW, the pronunciation is more like "fuh", not "foe".
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:36:32 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2020, 11:53:59 pm »
WTF is a pho?

Pronounced 'fuh'.  Rice noodle soup.  The broth is the key.  And fresh basil.  There is a restaurant here called 'What The Pho'.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2020, 11:56:21 pm »
This is how wars begin. yogi555

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2020, 11:57:48 pm »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2020, 11:59:55 pm »
Pronounced 'fuh'.  Rice noodle soup.  The broth is the key.  And fresh basil.  There is a restaurant here called 'What The Pho'.

Looks good... for an appetizer... Y'all go out for soup?  :pondering:

No offense meant...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2020, 01:55:25 am »
Looks good... for an appetizer... Y'all go out for soup?  :pondering:

No offense meant...

It is a very big bowl.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2020, 01:50:03 pm »

Hey!  We could put all the ingredients in a box.  Just add meat and broth!  We could call it Pho Kit.  It would be perfect if the Democrats take control of everything.  You could make community sized Pho Kits for the inevitable soup lines.  You could have family sized Pho Kits.  School sized Pho Kits.  Brilliant.

(I'm a marketing genius.)
John Steinbeck

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2020, 01:59:29 pm »
Hey!  We could put all the ingredients in a box.  Just add meat and broth!  We could call it Pho Kit.  It would be perfect if the Democrats take control of everything.  You could make community sized Pho Kits for the inevitable soup lines.  You could have family sized Pho Kits.  School sized Pho Kits.  Brilliant.

:silly: 

I want in.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2020, 02:00:37 pm »

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2020, 02:10:23 pm »
Pronounced 'fuh'.  Rice noodle soup.  The broth is the key. And fresh basil.  There is a restaurant here called 'What The Pho'.

You would think the meat is the key. Monkey. Turkey. Donkey. Monkey might taste like rat on a stick. Who doesn't like turkey? Donkey prolly tastes like ass.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2020, 02:23:31 pm »
 :beer:
John Steinbeck