Author Topic: Trump orders aides to halt talks on COVID-19 relief  (Read 1256 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump orders aides to halt talks on COVID-19 relief
« on: October 06, 2020, 07:35:29 pm »
Trump orders aides to halt talks on COVID-19 relief
By Morgan Chalfant - 10/06/20 03:01 PM EDT

President Trump said Tuesday that he has instructed his top aides to stop negotiating with Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on future coronavirus stimulus legislation until after the November election.

Trump, who is himself currently being treated for COVID-19, accused Pelosi in a series of tweets of "not negotiating in good faith" and seeking "bailouts" for states poorly run by Democratic officials.

"I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business," Trump tweeted.

DEVELOPING

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519845-trump-orders-aides-to-halt-talks-on-covid-19-relief
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump orders aides to halt talks on COVID-19 relief
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 07:35:57 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 10:42:02 pm »

"I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business," Trump tweeted.

How's he going to do that?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 10:49:49 pm »
Airline industry upset Trump ordered aides to halt talks on coronavirus relief
https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/aviation/519886-airline-industry-upset-trump-ordered-aides-to-halt-talks-on
Support the USO

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 10:53:34 pm »
   My Conservative being says H3LL Yea!! 
   Unfortunately, the poor side of me whispers 'How am I gonna pay off those Windows I already installed', now.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 11:10:54 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 10:56:34 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Nancy Pelosi is asking for $2.4 Trillion Dollars to bailout poorly run, high crime, Democrat States, money that is in no way related to COVID-19. We made a very generous offer of $1.6 Trillion Dollars and, as usual, she is not negotiating in good faith. I am rejecting their...

...request, and looking to the future of our Country. I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business. I have asked...

...@senatemajldr Mitch McConnell not to delay, but to instead focus full time on approving my outstanding nominee to the United States Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. Our Economy is doing very well. The Stock Market is at record levels, JOBS and unemployment...

...also coming back in record numbers. We are leading the World in Economic Recovery, and THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

2:48 PM · Oct 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313551798142152704

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 11:31:09 pm »
Hmm.  What's at stake here is (almost) a cool trillion,  and that may be an issue that resonates with the citizenry.   That's a trillion that will repaid by our grandkids.   The Dems are fully revealing they intend to rape the taxpayers even as they strip them of effective police protection.   

My 401k took a hit today,  but screw it.   Let's make the stakes about more than a referendum on Trump.  Let's make it about a trillion dollars,  and the income and wealth that will be diverted to unproductive government use just to pay that nut off.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 11:47:39 pm »
Crazy Nancy Pelosi and the Radical Left Democrats were just playing “games” with the desperately needed Workers Stimulus Payments.They just wanted to take care of Democrat failed, high crime, Cities and States. They were never in it to help the workers, and they never will be!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 6, 2020

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 01:08:50 am »
Biden pounces on Trump decision to end COVID-19 relief talks

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden slammed President Trump on Tuesday for rejecting further talks on a COVID-19 stimulus bill until after the election.

In a statement, the former vice president said Trump "turned his back" on first responders and U.S. businesses and accused him of caring more about securing the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court in the weeks ahead.

"Make no mistake: if you are out of work, if your business is closed, if your child’s school is shut down, if you are seeing layoffs in your community, Donald Trump decided today that none of that — none of it — matters to him," said Biden.

"There will be no help from Washington for the foreseeable future. Instead, he wants the Senate to use it’s time to confirm his Supreme Court Justice nominee before the election, in a mad dash to make sure that the Court takes away your health care coverage as quickly as possible," he continued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/519916-biden-pounces-on-trump-decision-to-end-covid-19-relief-talks
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 01:16:22 am »
I think this is what Pelosi was hoping for all along...that Trump would just give up and wait until after the election.

Now Pelosi and Biden have their talking points that Trump doesn't care to help the unemployed.

Trump is gonna have to explain why he ended the negotiations now.. :chairbang:
Support the USO

Offline RedHead

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 01:26:08 am »
I think this is what Pelosi was hoping for all along...that Trump would just give up and wait until after the election.

Now Pelosi and Biden have their talking points that Trump doesn't care to help the unemployed.

Trump is gonna have to explain why he ended the negotiations now.. :chairbang:

Bingo

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 01:31:37 am »
Trump defends move to halt relief talks, accuses Democrats of playing 'games'

President Trump on Tuesday night defended his decision to halt talks with congressional Democrats over a coronavirus relief package, accusing them of not being serious in their negotiations.

“Crazy Nancy Pelosi and the Radical Left Democrats were just playing “games” with the desperately needed Workers Stimulus Payments. They just wanted to take care of Democrat failed, high crime, Cities and States. They were never in it to help the workers, and they never will be!” he tweeted.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Crazy Nancy Pelosi and the Radical Left Democrats were just playing “games” with the desperately needed Workers Stimulus Payments.They just wanted to take care of Democrat failed, high crime, Cities and States. They were never in it to help the workers, and they never will be!
6:36 PM · Oct 6, 2020

excerpt
The move marks a risky gamble in the final sprint to Election Day, essentially leaving economic progress in limbo as millions of Americans remain unemployed and businesses across the country remain shuttered.

Even if negotiators had been able to reach a deal, there were concerns in the White House and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that a stimulus package with a price tag of at least $1.6 trillion would have difficulty garnering the support of enough Republican senators to pass.

The decision was quickly condemned by Democrats, with Pelosi accusing Trump of shirking his responsibilities as president by shutting down talks to help millions of Americans hurting during a coronavirus-plagued economic downturn.

“Today, once again, President Trump showed his true colors: putting himself first at the expense of the country, with the full complicity of the GOP Members of Congress,” she said in a statement, adding that the White House “is in complete disarray.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519926-trump-defends-move-to-halt-relief-talks-accuses-democrats-of-playing
Support the USO

Offline dancer

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 07:23:55 am »
Uh, look in the mirror, Nancy.  Sorry, but I don't agree with sending our money to those who spend money on illegals and other pet projects instead of the workers.
You have millions for non-citizens yet give nothing to those who really need and merit the help.
Then  you opened the jail doors and crime skyrocketed, yet cut your police force.  You refuse to let your officers do their jobs.  You send Covid patients into nursing homes causing a genocide of the elderly, yet all of this is somehow Trump's fault and he's the one playing politics.  Gad I despise these Democrats.  It would be nice if once in awhile they would put their agenda aside for the good of the country.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 12:37:58 pm »
Hmm.  What's at stake here is (almost) a cool trillion,  and that may be an issue that resonates with the citizenry.   That's a trillion that will repaid by our grandkids.   The Dems are fully revealing they intend to rape the taxpayers even as they strip them of effective police protection. 

When has either party shown any opposition to raping the taxpayers when it comes to deficit spending?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 01:19:50 pm »
Trump says he will back specific relief measures hours after halting talks
By Tal Axelrod - 10/06/20 10:54 PM EDT

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The House & Senate should IMMEDIATELY Approve 25 Billion Dollars for Airline Payroll Support, & 135 Billion Dollars for Paycheck Protection Program for Small Business. Both of these will be fully paid for with unused funds from the Cares Act. Have this money. I will sign now!

Later, Trump tweeted that he would also sign a bill that would give some Americans $1,200 stimulus checks, tagging top negotiators in the post.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
If I am sent a Stand Alone Bill for Stimulus Checks ($1,200), they will go out to our great people IMMEDIATELY. I am ready to sign right now. Are you listening Nancy? @MarkMeadows @senatemajldr @kevinomccarthy @SpeakerPelosi @SenSchumer
9:18 PM · Oct 6, 2020

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519930-trump-urges-lawmakers-to-approve-billions-for-airline-industry-small
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2020, 01:35:40 pm »
Pelosi questions COVID-19 treatments’ effect on Trump’s mental fitness after relief talks fall apart
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/pelosi-trump-covid-19-dexamethasone
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump orders aides to halt talks on COVID-19 relief...w/updates
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 01:44:18 pm »
Trump offers to sign pork-free COVID relief bill to get checks to Americans: ‘Are you listening, Nancy?’
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/10/07/trump-offers-to-sign-pork-free-covid-relief-bill-to-get-checks-to-americans-are-you-listening-nancy-981576
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 01:59:33 pm »

Trump poses stand alone bill for $1,200 stimulus checks, after ending talks with House Democrats

Trump said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was "not negotiating in good faith."

https://justthenews.com/government/white-house/trump-poses-stand-alone-bill-1200-stimulus-checks-after-ending-talks-house
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 02:05:27 pm »
When has either party shown any opposition to raping the taxpayers when it comes to deficit spending?

A few posts up you criticized Trump for calling off negotiations because of the rats' demand for more pork. Which is it?

Offline RedHead

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 02:16:40 pm »
A few posts up you criticized Trump for calling off negotiations because of the rats' demand for more pork. Which is it?

And the criticism is where exactly?

In one post I asked how Trump thought he would be able to pass a bill after the election?  Pelosi will almost certainly still hold the House, and even if the Democrats don't and the GOP still holds the Senate then Schumer can block it at will.  So how is Trump going to do it?  No criticism, just a question.

I my second post I agreed with mystery-ak when she noted that Pelosi doesn't want a bill passed, she wants an issue to run on.  Where is that a criticism of Trump?

And when I said that both the GOP and the Democrats have no problem raping the taxpayers with deficit spending then that is just a simple statement of fact.  Where is that wrong?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 02:21:56 pm »
And the criticism is where exactly?

In one post I asked how Trump thought he would be able to pass a bill after the election?  Pelosi will almost certainly still hold the House, and even if the Democrats don't and the GOP still holds the Senate then Schumer can block it at will.  So how is Trump going to do it?  No criticism, just a question.

I my second post I agreed with mystery-ak when she noted that Pelosi doesn't want a bill passed, she wants an issue to run on.  Where is that a criticism of Trump?

And when I said that both the GOP and the Democrats have no problem raping the taxpayers with deficit spending then that is just a simple statement of fact.  Where is that wrong?
You clearly imply calling off the negotiations is a mistake in post 10.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 02:24:42 pm by skeeter »

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 03:06:19 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Crazy Nancy Pelosi and the Radical Left Democrats were just playing “games” with the desperately needed Workers Stimulus Payments.They just wanted to take care of Democrat failed, high crime, Cities and States. They were never in it to help the workers, and they never will be!

7:36 PM · Oct 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313624267842560000

And don't forget this: 

Offline verga

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 03:31:57 pm »
Pelosi questions COVID-19 treatments’ effect on Trump’s mental fitness after relief talks fall apart
I want her to have a Breathalyzer every time she walks into the House of Reps.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 12:56:59 am »
Negotiating only makes sense when both sides do so in good faith.

With the democrat-communists, the possibility of that grows lower each year, as they transmogrify from being less-and-less "democrat" to more-and-more "communist".

Offline dancer

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2020, 08:22:37 am »
That there is funny!  LMAO 
Pelosi can barely hold thoughts together.  Her nominee has no thoughts except those piped into his brain.  Even then he blows it.  Can't make this stuff up!   :silly: