Author Topic: Pa. Sen. Pat Toomey will not seek re-election or run for governor, report says  (Read 498 times)

Offline Applewood

Pa. Sen. Pat Toomey will not seek re-election or run for governor, report says

Pat Toomey, Pennsylvania’s Republican U.S. senator and a Lehigh Valley resident, will not run for re-election or run for governor, according to a report from the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Toomey, 58, a resident of Upper Milford Township in Lehigh County, is expected to formally announce his plans in a news conference on Monday. His current term expires in 2023.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pa-sen-pat-toomey-will-not-seek-re-election-or-run-for-governor-report-says/ar-BB19HfL8?ocid=uxbndlbing

Online mountaineer

I hope Pa. can come up with an actual conservative to run for that seat in 2022.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Not good.  Not good at all.   Why is he announcing this now?   Is it a signal that Toomey expects the GOP to lose the Senate?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:32:56 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PeteS in CA

Or is Toomey giving two years' notice so potential candidate have an opportunity to prepare?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Lure of lobbyiest money?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

Not good.  Not good at all.   Why is he announcing this now?   Is it a signal that Toomey expects the GOP to lose the Senate?
*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Applewood

Well, Toomey gave the "spend more time with the family" reason, but I think there may be another reason or reasons.  He barely won re-election last time and maybe he knows he isn't all that popular these days.  Certainly, his bipartisan "common sense" gun control legislation attempt with Joe Manchin soured a number of voters on him.  Perhaps, Toomey realized he likely would not win a third term.

Toomey was also mentioned as a possible candidate for PA governor, but he has now nixed that idea too.  The last Republican governor, Corbett, tuned out to be more like a tax and spend Democrat, so I'm not so sure Republicans have a chance of winning back the governorship in this state anytime soon.  Maybe Toomey realizes this and didn't think he could win.

In any event, I have always favored term limits in both houses of congress, so I'm glad Toomey is leaving after two terms.  Time to bring in someone new.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 10:10:12 pm by Applewood »

Online mountaineer

I see Conor Lamb is being touted as a potential gubernatorial candidate.  Let's hope he loses his congressional race to Sean Parnell.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Sounds like a scandal's about to drop.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Longiron

Sounds like a scandal's about to drop.

Epstein Inland??? Caught doing something not suppose to be doing? Knows he cannot win reelection in PA? Involved in Ukraine and Muller Witch hunt? Many possibilities BUT not to spend more time with the FAKE FAMILY these scum bags say when the leave. IT will come out? 888mouth

Offline Applewood

I see Conor Lamb is being touted as a potential gubernatorial candidate.  Let's hope he loses his congressional race to Sean Parnell.

Last I heard the two were neck and neck in the polls, but that was a couple of weeks ago.  Trying to find a more recent poll.

Offline Longiron

Last I heard the two were neck and neck in the polls, but that was a couple of weeks ago.  Trying to find a more recent poll.

Use to live in that district. The DEMs realigned the district and that is how Lamb got elected. Good chance he loses this time to Sean Parnell a VET. LAMB did nothing for the district and TRUMP has the area working again. Will see??  :patriot: