Author Topic: Senator Cruz says Chief Justice John Roberts 'despises Donald Trump'  (Read 1778 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Senator Cruz says Chief Justice John Roberts 'despises Donald Trump'

"I think it is personal," the Texas senator said about Justice John Roberts' motivation to turn away from the conservative movement with his court decisions

By Sophie Mann

Updated: October 5, 2020 - 12:36pm

Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz says Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts "despises Donald Trump," which accounts for a number of the decisions he had made from the top seat on the high court in recent years.

In an appearance on David Brody's recently launched show "The Water Cooler," Senator Cruz, an attorney and author of the new book "One Vote Away: How a Single Supreme Court Seat Can Change History," told the host that "John Roberts has become the new Sandra Day O'Connor."

Cruz said he agrees with Vice President Mike Pence, who in an interview last month, told David Brody that Justice Roberts has been a "disappointment to conservatives."

However, Cruz believes that part of Roberts' pivot away from conservative-minded jurisprudence is motivated by personal hatred toward the president. "I think it is personal," said the senator.

"It is difficult to come up with two human beings more antithetical than John Roberts and Donald Trump, in every respect," he continued.

In addition to the release of his new book, the Senator is presently gearing up to begin the Judiciary Committee confirmation hearings of conservative Supreme Court nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/senator-ted-cruz-says-scotus-chief-justice-john-roberts-despises-donald-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Senator Cruz says Chief Justice John Roberts 'despises Donald Trump'
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 12:28:56 am »
Plausible.

Fortunately, with Amy Barrett on The Court, it will become:
Conservative: 5
Leftist: 3
Roberts: 1

That means even if he joins the lefties, Roberts may still be outvoted on the right most of the time.

All the more reason to get Ms. Barrett confirmed by election day!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 12:56:47 am »
Senator Cruz says Chief Justice John Roberts 'despises Donald Trump'
"I think it is personal," the Texas senator said about Justice John Roberts' motivation to turn away from the conservative movement with his court decisions
Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz says Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts "despises Donald Trump," which accounts for a number of the decisions he had made from the top seat on the high court in recent years.
In an appearance on David Brody's recently launched show "The Water Cooler," Senator Cruz, an attorney and author of the new book "One Vote Away: How a Single Supreme Court Seat Can Change History," told the host that "John Roberts has become the new Sandra Day O'Connor."
Cruz said he agrees with Vice President Mike Pence, who in an interview last month, told David Brody that Justice Roberts has been a "disappointment to conservatives."
However, Cruz believes that part of Roberts' pivot away from conservative-minded jurisprudence is motivated by personal hatred toward the president. "I think it is personal," said the senator.
"It is difficult to come up with two human beings more antithetical than John Roberts and Donald Trump, in every respect," he continued.
In addition to the release of his new book, the Senator is presently gearing up to begin the Judiciary Committee confirmation hearings of conservative Supreme Court nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett.
--------------------------
Roberts has never been a principled conservative, not for a day.
He was/remains a political type w/his ears and nose geared to "trends".

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 02:35:04 am »
He was/remains a political type w/his ears and nose geared to "trends".
Agreed.

He should be impeached and removed if we had a patriotic Congress
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 03:54:59 am »
Agreed. He should be impeached and removed if we had a patriotic Congress
----------------------------
Roberts is another of the political hacks who have infested DC; over the past 100 years.
Their interests are themselves, fat wallets and constant attention; as they wouldn't
recognize a Principle if it bit them in the butt and shouted HI!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 04:11:30 am by Absalom »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 08:30:09 am »
Agreed.

Twice now, he has rewritten the law in order to rule favorably upon it, rather than rule on the actual wording of the law. That's reason for removal, usurping the Legislative Power.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 02:19:51 pm »
Agreed.

Might happen when the Maxwell facts are released. Roberts knows that TRUMP is on to him and his pedo obsession. It has been proven already that ROBERTS on the flight log to Epstein Inland. He did not go their to see the beech. :yowsa:

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 04:59:37 pm »
I think Cruz is right that the reason the Pubs fail so much in selecting judges who will remain faithful to the Constitution is they don't exclusively select nominees who have served in the executive branch, been under fire for their conservative beliefs, and remained true to those conservative beliefs. Instead, all too often Pubs select "stealth" candidates, or life long jurists who have never come under sharp media criticism.

Looking at Barrett I'm a little concerned she may be great on Roe v. Wade but not so conservative on other issues.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 05:02:10 pm »
I think Cruz is right that the reason the Pubs fail so much in selecting judges who will remain faithful to the Constitution is they don't exclusively select nominees who have served in the executive branch, been under fire for their conservative beliefs, and remained true to those conservative beliefs. Instead, all too often Pubs select "stealth" candidates, or life long jurists who have never come under sharp media criticism.

Looking at Barrett I'm a little concerned she may be great on Roe v. Wade but not so conservative on other issues.

I'm a bit concerned on her recent rulings concerning the Covid lockdowns. I hope Trump has vetted her on that issue.

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 05:43:23 pm »
I'm a bit concerned on her recent rulings concerning the Covid lockdowns. I hope Trump has vetted her on that issue.

I hope so too!

FWIW, if she rules well on Roe v. Wade and strikes down this terrible ruling I will try to temper any problems I have with other rulings.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 06:28:59 pm »
I hope so too!

FWIW, if she rules well on Roe v. Wade and strikes down this terrible ruling I will try to temper any problems I have with other rulings.
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 06:48:24 pm »

Yes but remember this Rona bug is going to miraculously start to fade away if I don't know "Shit from Shinola" Joe is elected.   Slightly longer When Trump is reelected.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 06:59:30 pm »
Also plenty of anecdotal evidence out there that he is compromised by his personal life.  Ever notice he veers left only on the close votes?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 07:56:02 pm »
A bone to pick w/posters who toss around the label "Conservative" like a baseball.
Principled Conservatism has absolutely nothing to do w/ideology, politics or religion. NOTHING!
Rather, it is a commitment to a traditional vision of ideas and values that embrace,
among several; the Precept of Prudence, requiring Leaders to measure decisions they take,
in the now, against their consequences in the future. These notions were born more than
5,000 years past from the likes of Sargon, Hammurabi and Plato.
What I, or anyone else, thinks of this or that matter on our current public stage;
hardly determines whether it is or is not, conservative.
The Principles that govern a conservative attitude and behavior were born very long ago.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 03:51:51 am by Absalom »

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 08:11:41 pm »
   Other than the Tea Party wave of 2011/12 The GOP has had an absence of Conservative Values since perhaps the likes of Goldwater and Reagan. The likes of the Conservative Party (which I voted in 2016) is all but dead on the National Scene, we have indeed reached that proverbial wall. @Absalom
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 08:43:40 pm »
Yes but remember this Rona bug is going to miraculously start to fade away if I don't know "Shit from Shinola" Joe is elected.   Slightly longer When Trump is reelected.

Understand, and I'm not familiar with the details of the case she heard, but there's little doubt that many states grossly overreached their Constitutional authority in closing down economies, churches, rallies, etc. And a true Constitutionalist jurist would have to agree.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 08:57:36 pm »

I see it as quite the opposite @Wingnut as @Right_in_Virginia mentioned this morning, two Covid Negative tests and Trump is gonna rip this fraud wide open.  His opening move was appointing Atlas last week. 
   Now that he's beat this $hit, in 72 hours, he will be on fire.

WELCOME BACK AMERICA
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 08:57:55 pm »
   Other than the Tea Party wave of 2011/12 The GOP has had an absence of Conservative Values since perhaps the likes of Goldwater and Reagan. The likes of the Conservative Party (which I voted in 2016) is all but dead on the National Scene, we have indeed reached that proverbial wall. @Absalom
----------------------------
Corbe, in fact the Southern Agrarian & Rural Democrats of Henry, Lee, Jefferson,
Madison, Monroe, among dozens, were our core Principled Conservatives.
Sadly, that Party was tarred by slavery and destroyed by the Civil War.
Nevertheless, your comment is on the mark!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:17:55 am by Absalom »

Offline corbe

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 09:09:19 pm »
   Unlike you, @Absalom I wasn't alive during Henry, Lee, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe or even Plato.

I do always enjoy your musings about the deep Historical Roots of Civilizations as it pertains to NOW.   :beer:

PS: You should refrain from pizzing off the Trumpers so much. it will make your Life so much more enjoyable here.  Believe me I learned that the hard way, too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 09:15:40 pm »
   I miss @libertybele Bigly. She always had my back on these Cruz Threads, no matter how insulting I got.

Offline dancer

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 07:32:02 am »
   I miss @libertybele Bigly. She always had my back on these Cruz Threads, no matter how insulting I got.

Where is she?  I always enjoyed her posts even when I  didn't agree with her.  Legal American is missing as well.  Roo?  I assume there was a dust up of some kind?  Sorry, mods  but they contributed so much to this site. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 10:02:58 am »
Senator Cruz says Chief Justice John Roberts [HATES] Donald Trump'

Have some respect please...the thread title has "Cruz" in the title, and here you highjacking.

Are you even aware that had Senator Cruz said this on the forum 4-1/2 ago, he'd be attacked by the MODS?    :silly:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 10:33:27 am »
Plausible.

Fortunately, with Amy Barrett on The Court, it will become:
Conservative: 5
Leftist: 3
Globalist Homosexual Bastards:1

That means even if he joins the lefties, Roberts may still be outvoted on the right most of the time.

All the more reason to get Ms. Barrett confirmed by election day!

@Fishrrman

There,I fixed your typo for you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 10:35:04 am »

@Absalom

There is something we can both agree with.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 10:39:42 am »

@bilo

I see and agree with your point,but on the other hand,we don't want someone so dogmatic the only viewpoint they can see is their own.

SC Justices are supposed to rule on the law as it affects the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights,not their own personal POV,be it left OR right.