Author Topic: Oldest Fire Arm you own.  (Read 1095 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oldest Fire Arm you own.
« on: October 04, 2020, 11:41:01 pm »
Sadly we had to place my father into an Assisted Living Facility and to do so sold our/his home.  When that happened I took possession of his 1942 Walther P-38 and and his fathers Colt Lightning rifle .32-20. 

The P-38 has some issues and my dad says he hasn't fired it since 1952.  The Lightning is a beauty.  I remember my grandfather using it back in the 60's to kill vermin.   

Anyway  been a sad month. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Oldest Fire Arm you own.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 12:05:47 am »
I own my dad's single barrel shotgun that he bought in the 50's...he used it to skeet shoot..my son has cleaned it and shot it a couple of times..

New England Firearms
manufactured in Gardner, Ma

Pardner Model
12 Ga   3" Mod
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 12:10:24 am »
Sears and Roebucks, .22 single-shot.  Don't know when he got it, some time in the 50's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 12:12:16 am »
I'm sorry to hear that. My grandfather's handgun was a Walther P-38.

I don't know which is my oldest Fire Arm I own. It is either my Colt-3rd-Model-Thuer-Derringer in .41Rimfire or my .577/450 Martini–Henry. I'm thinking its the Colt.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 01:19:29 am »
My guns aren't too old, my dad wasn't a shooter he and mom spent money on us kids and our home......gotta respect them for that. My oldest guns are a 60's era Browning Hi Power and a Colt Trooper MkIII in .357 and both are a pleasure to shoot. Now if my BIL passes away( no hurry :whistle:) my FIL had a lot of guns that were family going back to 1800's as well as many he bought.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 01:25:03 am »
Sadly we had to place my father into an Assisted Living Facility and to do so sold our/his home.  When that happened I took possession of his 1942 Walther P-38 and and his fathers Colt Lightning rifle .32-20. 

The P-38 has some issues and my dad says he hasn't fired it since 1952.  The Lightning is a beauty.  I remember my grandfather using it back in the 60's to kill vermin.   

Anyway  been a sad month.
I'm sorry @Wingnut .  My mom is in her 90's and I'm about in the same situation you are.  Praying for you buddy.....

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 01:47:41 am »
I own my dad's single barrel shotgun that he bought in the 50's...he used it to skeet shoot..my son has cleaned it and shot it a couple of times..  New England Firearms
manufactured in Gardner, Ma Pardner Model 12 Ga   3" Mod
@mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty
@sneakypete

I have this Civil War rifle:  Springfield Model 1861
It is in excellent shape.
It is so heavy, I can barely lift it, could not hold it long enough or high enough, to fire it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:53:02 am by Victoria33 »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 02:25:33 am »
Father's Navy-issued .22 High Standard semi-auto pistol, c. 1944.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 11:07:00 am »
I love those High Standards. That's what I used in my Pistol Marksmanship Class at the U of H back in the late 70s.