Author Topic: Cruz tests negative for COVID as outbreak hits U.S. Senate  (Read 827 times)

Online corbe

Cruz tests negative for COVID as outbreak hits U.S. Senate
« on: October 04, 2020, 03:14:05 pm »
Cruz tests negative for COVID as outbreak hits U.S. Senate

By Benjamin Wermund, Washington Bureau  19 hrs ago

WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz tested negative for COVID-19 after interacting with U.S. Sen. Mike Lee, who tested positive for the virus this week.

A spokeswoman for Cruz said the Texas Republican is staying home “out of an abundance of caution,” but feels healthy and exhibiting no symptoms. Cruz plans to return to D.C. in time for confirmation hearings for Amy Coney Barrett, President Donald Trump’s nominee to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

“In accordance with medical advice, he will return to the Senate for the Supreme Court nomination hearings,” the spokeswoman said.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cruz-tests-negative-for-covid-as-outbreak-hits-u-s-senate/ar-BB19FHlZ?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Cruz tests negative for COVID as outbreak hits U.S. Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 03:15:00 pm »
   Not being invited to Trump events obviously has its advantages.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 06:11:03 pm »
Are you a basement creature instead?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 06:16:39 pm »

According to Carlson, Mike Lee is in the pocket of Big Tech.  Wonder why he is still in the good graces of DJT?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 06:23:10 pm »
Are you a basement creature instead?

Being from Texas @IsailedawayfromFR I've never even seen a basement, BUT I agree I can be a low life at times.   :shrug:

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 06:31:10 pm »
   Being from Texas @IsailedawayfromFR I've never even seen a basement, BUT I agree I can be a low life at times.   :shrug:
Am from here too, 7 generations now, but do indeed take prudent risks.

Like voting for a New York Yankee, and I am not talking about baseball.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 06:37:09 pm »
   If Trump loses Texas 38EV's it's all over for US anyway and I don't see that my solitary vote will make a damn bit of difference here, IMHO. 
   I'll see how the polls tighten up and decide in 30 days.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 06:42:12 pm »
   If Trump loses Texas 38EV's it's all over for US anyway and I don't see that my solitary vote will make a damn bit of difference here, IMHO. 
If everyone else felt that way, he would get zero votes.

Would that make one happy?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 06:46:42 pm »
   If Trump loses Texas 38EV's it's all over for US anyway and I don't see that my solitary vote will make a damn bit of difference here, IMHO.     I'll see how the polls tighten up and decide in 30 days.

Words fail me  888mouth

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 06:48:30 pm »
   I understand what you are alluding to @IsailedawayfromFR I haven't voted since Cruz 2012 and probably won't this time cause I think Trump's got it in the bag, in spite of the dems election fraud.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 07:08:27 pm »
@corbe
@libertybele
@RedHead
@sneakypete

You know I am from Texas, too, and the huge numbers of Democrats who showed up at the primary, more than ever before in modern times, have me worried about the outcome of the Nov. election.  The Texas Republican State Chairman also worries about that.  Cruz only won by a small amount at his senatorial election.  More Democrats voting and less Republican women voting for Trump, could defeat Trump and also Senator John Cornyn.

A few people here posted recently that I might be too trusting.  Here is only one story that says I have been in the middle of knowing what Democrats can do to you; no way do I trust any of them:

The Democrat District Attorney and his fellow Democrats in our county, wanted me out of being the Judge of the Early Voting Ballot Board because my committee was checking nursing home ballots and we disqualified the ones that were illegal and that was many of them. 

I got a letter from him one day that told me I could not be that judge and I should resign so county money would not be spent taking me to court.  That was on the front page of the newspaper the next day.  I went to his office and told him not to do this because it was legal for me to be that judge. He said he would not stop.  He sent a letter to the Texas Attorney General filing a suit against me.

Every week the paper came out, there I was on the front page; this went on for six months.  The District Attorney's lawyer put on the front page, he would put me in jail if I showed up at the meeting of this board.  I called the District Attorney and told him as that judge, I have the power of a District Judge and will have his attorney arrested if he shows up at my board meeting.

I wrote my own legal deposition and sent it to the Texas Attorney General.  The name of the Attorney General was John Cornyn.

He ruled in my favor after the six month's wait, and the next day, the paper came out with this headline:  "DERRICK RIGHT; ROSEKRANS WRONG"  (Rosekrans was the District Attorney's name)

The next year the Democrat District Attorney, Rosekrans, lost his election as the District Attorney, and blamed me for his loss of office.

The main two Democrat men in our county, followed my car every time I left the house.  Do not tell me I am too trusting. 

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 10:00:54 pm »
   I understand what you are alluding to @IsailedawayfromFR I haven't voted since Cruz 2012 and probably won't this time cause I think Trump's got it in the bag, in spite of the dems election fraud.
Can't understand why you don't vote just because Cruz is not there.

Curious on why you wouldn't vote for Cruz in 2016 primary, though.

Lots of races up from grabs, from DC, Texas state offices and local dogcatchers at times.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:01:43 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan