Author Topic: Ontario’s Failed Green Energy Act Serves as a Warning  (Read 502 times)

rangerrebew

Ontario’s Failed Green Energy Act Serves as a Warning
« on: October 04, 2020, 01:54:58 pm »
Ontario’s Failed Green Energy Act Serves as a Warning
By IER

September 28, 2020

In February 2009, Ontario, Canada passed its Green Energy Act. The act entailed: increased integration of wind and solar energy into Ontario’s electricity grid, shutting down coal plants and creating 50,000 green jobs in the first three years; allowing First Nations communities to manage their own electricity supply and distribution (the ‘decolonization’ of energy), empowering Canada’s indigenous communities; and reducing costs for poorer citizens through clean and sustainable energy provided by renewable energy. That part of the act received an endorsement from Ontario’s Low Income Energy Network – a group that campaigns for universal access to affordable energy.

On January 1, 2019, Ontario repealed the act—one month before its 10th anniversary. The 50,000 guaranteed jobs never materialized. The “decolonization” of energy did not work out. one-third of indigenous Ontarians now live in energy poverty—their electricity bills more than doubled during the life of the act, making their electricity costs among the highest in North America. Its promises turned out to be false, and the actual results made people’s lives worse.

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/international-issues/ontarios-failed-green-energy-act-serves-as-a-warning/

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ontario’s Failed Green Energy Act Serves as a Warning
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 02:14:03 pm »
We all need to stand up and applaud Canada for having politicians with the good sense to admit it was a failure,and take steps to get rid of it.

Seeing a government take a step like this is practically unheard of,and they should get the applause they are due.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 06:40:07 pm »
We all need to stand up and applaud Canada for having politicians with the good sense to admit it was a failure,and take steps to get rid of it.

Seeing a government take a step like this is practically unheard of, and they should get the applause they are due.
Only if they appropriately deal with the miscreants who foisted the scheme upon them and swindled the taxpayers out of the money that was taken.

I cannot in good conscience applaud talk only.  That is what politicians promise.  Actions speak much louder.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 08:54:26 pm »
Only if they appropriately deal with the miscreants who foisted the scheme upon them and swindled the taxpayers out of the money that was taken.

I cannot in good conscience applaud talk only.  That is what politicians promise.  Actions speak much louder.

They did more than just talk about it, they cut it off.  That said, you have a very good point that people should be jailed for financial malfeasance.  I want to start seeing heads on pikes.  This is the country that tried to prosecute Mark Steyn for blowing the whistle on Michael Mann's "climate change" hoax.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 12:13:42 am »
this part of Ontario's contract is criminal behavior and should be dealt with severely.

Ontario’s contracts with renewable suppliers guarantee electricity suppliers that they “will be paid for each kilowatt hour of electricity generated from the renewable energy project,” regardless of whether the electricity is consumed. While that does not make sense, the new contracts were an improvement over earlier contracts that guaranteed payments close to 100 percent of the supplier’s capacity, rather than electricity generated. So if a producer supplied only 33 percent of its capacity in a given year, it would still be paid as if it had produced almost 100 percent.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 12:17:35 am »
They did more than just talk about it, they cut it off.  That said, you have a very good point that people should be jailed for financial malfeasance.  I want to start seeing heads on pikes.  This is the country that tried to prosecute Mark Steyn for blowing the whistle on Michael Mann's "climate change" hoax.
Just because the act is repealed does not get the current government off the hook.  Hell, they likely had no choice but to repeal it if enough angry citizens were ready to lynch the crooked bunch who cost them twice the power price rates.

They will need to demonstrate proven stewardship of sensible energy policy that results in low, and continuous power supply.

Until that happens, they are as culpable as the old ones.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 12:28:14 am »
 pointing-down
Just because the act is repealed does not get the current government off the hook.  Hell, they likely had no choice but to repeal it if enough angry citizens were ready to lynch the crooked bunch who cost them twice the power price rates.

They will need to demonstrate proven stewardship of sensible energy policy that results in low, and continuous power supply.

Until that happens, they are as culpable as the old ones.

pointing-up
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: