Author Topic: Facebook fact checkers from USA Today falsely flag The Post Millennial  (Read 427 times)

Offline mountaineer

Facebook fact checkers from USA Today falsely flag The Post Millennial
They said Biden was most likely making a joke. We said Biden was most likely making a joke. Both things are true, because we both said the same thing.
Libby Emmons and Barrett Wilson
September 30, 2020 4:38 PM
On Wednesday, The Post Millennial was hit with a Facebook fact check by USA Today that suggested one of our articles was "missing context," but the fact checkers' "missing context" was, in fact, not missing. In other words, our article had the context they claimed was missing.

The fact, not in dispute, was that Democrat presidential hopeful Joe Biden called American military troops "stupid bastards." Biden did call them that, back in 2016, and there's video to prove it.

Yet Facebook’s USA Today fact checker smacked a label on the post, saying that there was "missing context." They wrote "Joe Biden called troops 'stupid bastards,' but only jokingly. The check noted that social media posts "lack context.”
ADs

Our story, titled "Watch: Joe Biden calls US troops 'stupid bastards' in 2016," asks "Was Biden trying to imitate John Wayne or some sort of 'tough guy' character? Whatever it was, it did not land with the troops.

"If it's a joke, it should be noted that the establishment press has been reporting every single joke Trump has uttered since 2016 as if he was serious." ...

We can only conclude that the fact checkers are displeased because we didn't state, first and foremost, that Joe Biden said this horrible thing with the intention of being amusing. Fact checkers are not content to check facts, they are now checking intention. ...

In fact, fact checkers are determining the nature of reality. And as more and more of our lives happen online these fact checkers are dictating the truth, not verifying it.
Full story at The Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Facebook fact checkers from USA Today falsely flag The Post Millennial
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:32:12 am »
I've been noticing that more and more lately. Every Biden quote has a fact check. But say something about Trump and nothing.

Zuckerberg is, once again, manipulating people. That's the nature of his business.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 12:56:57 pm »
The former CEO of Twitter just casually talking about murdering people:
dick costolo  @dickc
 Â· 11h
Replying to @pt @Jason and @coinbase
Me-first capitalists who think you can separate society from business are going to be the first people lined up against the wall and shot in the revolution. I'll happily provide video commentary.
9:04 PM · Sep 30, 2020·

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 12:58:58 pm »
I don't do Instagram, but apparently that site is "fact checking," too.

Brendan Gutenschwager  @BGOnTheScene
Instagram did not just...   This post is completely factual and 100% accurate. Who are the “independent fact-checkers” saying otherwise? I was literally there, reporting precisely what happened in Louisville.

7:43 AM · Sep 30, 2020

Brendan Gutenschwager  @BGOnTheScene
They literally tagged my post because 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 people started conspiracy theories about the Uhaul. Nothing in the PolitiFact article they link to are claims I made in my post, nor anywhere else for that matter. They just slapped the label on it for posting what really happened.
7:51 AM · Sep 30, 2020