Author Topic: Poll shows Californians happy with Newsom’s handling of coronavirus, less so with homelessness crisi  (Read 526 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A new poll released on Tuesday shows a majority of California voters are happy with Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic but were less favorable when it came to the state’s mounting homelessness crisis.

The poll by the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies shows Newsom, who has been the governor of California since January 2019, has among the highest overall approval rating of any governor in the past half-century at the same point in his first term, the Los Angeles Times reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/poll-shows-californians-happy-with-newsoms-handling-of-coronavirus-less-so-with-homelessness-crisis

:silly: :silly:

They didn't ask me or any of my friends, co-workers and neighbors.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline PeteS in CA

:silly: :silly:

They didn't ask me or any of my friends, co-workers and neighbors.

Ditto, not that I'd answer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Then it must be a fluke when I see people line up to sign the recall Noisome pettitions.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Look, just because the people who lost their jobs and businesses can't afford those phone bills, doesn't mean their opinion counts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Then it must be a fluke when I see people line up to sign the recall Noisome pettitions.

I may "steal" Noisome, though I usually use Goobernor Nuisance.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I have friends in San Diego and they are none to happy with the Unctuous  "pr*ck"  the bleep rhymes with "dick"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I may "steal" Noisome, though I usually use Goobernor Nuisance.
nui·sance
/ˈn(y)o͞osəns/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a person, thing, or circumstance causing inconvenience or annoyance.
"I hope you're not going to make a nuisance of yourself"

Versus

noi·some
/ˈnoisəm/
Learn to pronounce
adjectiveLITERARY
having an extremely offensive smell.
"noisome vapors from the smoldering waste"
disagreeable; unpleasant.
"noisome scandals"

I'm a gonna gotta go with Noisome.

Offline skeeter

There is no more oppressive an ideological prison than UC Berkeley. I trust nothing that intellectual sh*thole produces.

Online roamer_1

noi·some
/ˈnoisəm/
Learn to pronounce
adjectiveLITERARY
having an extremely offensive smell.
"noisome vapors from the smoldering waste"
disagreeable; unpleasant.
"noisome scandals"

I'm a gonna gotta go with Noisome.

Dunno about down by you, but up here we have a flat nosed shovel head buried in concrete right by the back door to scrape that kinda thing off your boots...  :whistle: