Author Topic: ‘Everything He Says Is False’: CDC Director Robert Redfield Allegedly Slams New Coronavirus Task For  (Read 818 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Everything He Says Is False’: CDC Director Robert Redfield Allegedly Slams New Coronavirus Task Force Member Scott Atlas In Overheard Phone Call

David Krayden
Ottawa Bureau Chief
September 28, 2020 10:13 AM ET

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Dr. Robert Redfield reportedly criticized Friday new coronavirus task force member Dr. Scott Atlas, saying, “Everything he says is false.”

Redfield allegedly made the remark during a phone conversation that was overheard by a network reporter, according to NBC News.

Redfield is reportedly at loggerheads with Atlas over the Hoover Institution senior fellow’s questioning of the need to wear face masks during the coronavirus pandemic and the susceptibility of young people to the disease.

The CDC director confirmed to NBC that he was in fact speaking about Atlas, a neuroradiologist who has been a frequent guest on Fox News, where he has suggested that governments have overreacted to the pandemic. Atlas joined the coronavirus task force in August.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/28/cdc-director-robert-redfield-coronavirus-scott-atlas-phone-call/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

[Atlas] has suggested that governments have overreacted to the pandemic. Atlas joined the coronavirus task force in August.

But governments have indeed overreacted to the pandemic.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Looks to me that pretty much everything the CDC says is false.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

They screwed the pooch very early on.  I would trust them if they said the sun comes up in the morning in atlanta.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

They screwed the pooch very early on.  I would trust them if they said the sun comes up in the morning in atlanta.

The only certain thing in Atlanta, is the Falcons blowing a big lead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The only certain thing in Atlanta, is the Falcons blowing a big lead.

Amen.  You can smell the bloody stench all the way from Dallas ATT Field to the Mercedes Benz Stadium
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Does Dr. Robert Redfield remember that until the month of April the CDC (and other agencies, and WHO) recommended against healthy people wearing masks? Maybe this can stimulate his memory, http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,412486.msg2291828.html#msg2291828 !

I'm neither a mask true-believer nor a mask-denier. I just would like to hear some honesty from the scientists Trump is supposed to follow. Something like: saying "I was wrong" when reversing previous guidance; saying "I don't know" instead of spouting know-it-all blather to cover the fact that you don't know. I've seen enough of both failings from the CDC, et al, to be wondering whether they're infested with fools and idiots or with #Resisters trying to sabotage Trump (can you say "Defective Corona Virus tests"?!). "Both" is entirely possible!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:58:43 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

You would?

The basic fact is that the CDC lab's under-graduate-grade F-Up in manufacturing their test set back testing in the US almost a bleeping month! It was known in about a week that the tests they had produced and shipped starting February 6th were unusable. But rather than immediately have Trump and the FDA authorize various labs to use their own in-house developed tests the CDC putzed around for another two weeks until Trump and the FDA gave the OK to outside labs on February 29th.

That was 3-4 weeks of lost information that might have improved the Trump Administration's responses. 3-4 lost weeks at one of the most critical times (second to China's and WHO's December and January deceit and deception!) because of an under-graduate-grade F-Up!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

Does Dr. Robert Redfield remember that until the month of April the CDC (and other agencies, and WHO) recommended against healthy people wearing masks? Maybe this can stimulate his memory, http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,412486.msg2291828.html#msg2291828 !

Indeed. You'd think the CDC would have had some idea before 2020 whether homemade cloth face masks were appropriate in the midst of a flu outbreak.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 01:57:45 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump coronavirus adviser Atlas fires back against Redfield criticisms, says advice based on 'current science'
Dr. Atlas said he has received a number of personal attacks and attempts to 'delegitimize' him

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-coronavirus-adviser-atlas-fires-back-against-redfield-criticisms-says-advice-to-trump-based-on-current-science
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Remember the good old days when the CDC only worried about Climate Change and Guns?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Everything He Says Is False!!

The most obvious truism of the Left is when they cannot challenge the facts of an argument, they will simple change to a personal attack.

In any argument, when either side resorts to absolutes such as, 'Everything he says is False', then you know two things right away. First, they are out of rational criticism. Second, they know they are losing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

Finally, Trump woke up and appointed a '$hit stirrer' to this imbedded den of thieves that have relished in prolonging this misery.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I've lost count of the number of times the CDC has reversed itself. 

Here's an interesting debate question:  Would Biden fire Dr. Atlas, if so, why, if not, why not.

Offline corbe

Here's an interesting debate question:  Would Biden fire Dr. Atlas, if so, why, if not, why not.

My guess would suspect Dr. Atlas doesn't have any young Daughters.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

CDC makes recommendations for Thanksgiving 2020 gatherings: Keep them small and local
Penn Live, Sep 28, 2020

The agency stresses that these considerations are suggested “to help protect individuals, their families, friends, and communities from COVID-19,” and are meant to “supplement - not replace - any state, local, territorial, or tribal health and safety laws, rules, and regulations with which holiday gatherings must comply.”

The CDC said that at a holiday celebration, there are several factors that contribute to the risk of getting infected or infecting others with the virus that causes COVID-19. The following factors, in combination, the agency says, “will create various amounts of risk, so it is important to consider them individually and together”:

•Community levels of COVID-19 - both in the gathering location, as well as where attendees have traveled from
•Location of the gathering - indoor gatherings typically pose more risk than outdoor gatherings
•Duration of the gathering - those that last longer pose more risk than shorter gatherings
•Size of attendance - those with more people pose more risk
•Locations attendees are traveling from - attendees who are traveling from different places pose a higher risk than gatherings with attendees who live in the same area
•Behaviors of attendees prior to the gathering - attendees who choose not to adhere to social distancing, mask wearing, hand washing, and other prevention measures pose more risk than those gatherings with attendees who are practicing these preventative behaviors
•Behaviors of attendees during the gathering - gatherings with more preventive measures in place pose less risk than gatherings where fewer or no preventive measures are being implemented

Since travel increases the chance of getting and spreading the coronavirus, the CDC says that staying home is the best way to protect both yourself and others. However, if you must travel, be informed of the risks involved.

https://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2020/09/cdc-makes-recommendations-for-thanksgiving-2020-gatherings-keep-them-small-and-local.html

"Two weeks to flatten the curve".

A few more CDC guidelines from the article:

The CDC has ranked a number of popular Thanksgiving holiday activities according to their level of risk. Here is a list of activities considered higher risk that the CDC says should be avoided:
•Going shopping in crowded stores just before, on, or after Thanksgiving
•Participating or being a spectator at a crowded race
•Attending crowded parades
•Using alcohol or drugs, which can cloud judgement
•Attending large indoor gatherings with people from outside of your household

The CDC has provided this list of activities considered moderate risk:
•Having a small outdoor dinner with family and friends who live in your community •Lower your risk by following CDC’s recommendations on hosting gatherings or cook-outs.
•Visiting pumpkin patches or orchards where people use hand sanitizer before touching pumpkins or picking apples, wearing masks is encouraged or enforced, and people are able to maintain social distancing
•Attending a small outdoor sports events with safety precautions in place

According to the CDC, the following list of holiday activities is considered lower risk:
•Having a small dinner with only people who live in your household
•Preparing traditional family recipes for family and neighbors, especially those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19, and delivering them in a way that doesn’t involve contact with others
•Having a virtual dinner and sharing recipes with friends and family
•Shopping online rather than in person on the day after Thanksgiving or the next Monday
•Watching sports events, parades, and movies from home

https://www.pennlive.com/nation-world/2020/09/cdc-makes-recommendations-for-thanksgiving-2020-gatherings-keep-them-small-and-local.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They screwed the pooch very early on. 
They kept on doing it, too. Worse than a puppy mill.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Mask Fanatics Have Officially Abandoned Science To Control Your Life
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is now requiring people to wear masks while playing sports. 'Experts' say that’s dangerous, but mask fanatics apparently know better than those they revered just months ago.
By Georgi Boorman
September 22, 2020
It’s nothing new for political religions to produce radicals that develop their own sects or cults. This time around, rigid devotion to enforcing mask compliance has produced runaway fanaticism based on nothing but blind faith that more mask-wearing is always better. Even the public health experts, whom these followers all promoted as great prophets just months ago, can’t tame their fervor.

That’s a problem, because a return to normalcy will require subduing radical factions that agitate for oppression. ...

Mask Fanatics Are the Real Science Deniers

Lockdowns were once called an “unproven” hypothesis by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, its models of efficacy being unvalidated by “empirical data.” The World Health Organization called forced isolation and quarantine “ineffective and impractical.” Yet despite the devastating effects of banning “nonessential” businesses and social activities, countries around the world locked down. ...
Article at The Federalist

Offline HuskyPatriot

Too many cooks in the kitchen!!!   The narrative keeps changing and of course folks are confused and angry.  The reins should have been tightened early on.  It seems that the VP has tried, but his boss counters him to save face with his usual hyperbole.  Masks have always been considered effective to reduce infections whether it's the flu, the common cold, or now COVID.  If you personally don't want to wear one, well that's your individual right.  But there is a communal responsibility that can be wanting in the confusion. Yes, the numbers are all over the place but there's no denying that COVID can and is spreading, whether victims die from it or not.  It's a nasty thing to get either way, and the local economies, communities and hospital systems pay the price in the end. 

Offline mountaineer

Media Gunning For Scott Atlas Because He Keeps Exposing Coronavirus Lies
'Everything he says is false,' NBC News quoted CDC Director Robert Redfield as saying of Atlas. That's just not true, top epidemiologists told The Federalist.
By Joy Pullmann
September 29, 2020

“Dr. Scott Atlas is arming Trump with misleading data” about COVID-19, Centers for Disease Control Director Dr. Robert Redfield told a colleague Friday, according to a Monday report by NBC News political reporter Monica Alba.

Within hours, numerous outlets ideologically allied with NBC amplified the coverage. Here are some screenshots of the Google News results for the story just a short while later, but is Redfield’s assertion correct? The Federalist spoke to numerous epidemiologists to find out.  ...

In an interview, Atlas said the constant media characterization of President Trump’s coronavirus response as detached from scientific expertise is “completely false.” He said the president’s policies are informed by infectious disease experts from the world’s top medical and research institutions, including Bhattacharya and John Ioannidis of Stanford University Medical Center, Martin Kulldorff and Katherine Yih of Harvard Medical School, and Sunetra Gupta and Carl Heneghan of Oxford University.

“The extreme comments that have been reported are an attempt to delegitimize me and undermine the president of the United States,” Atlas said, not a dispassionate, science-based position. “There can be different opinions about scientific evidence, but to say I’m citing false information is a lie,” he said later. ...

Atlas is known for pushing back on coronavirus panic with scientific evidence, including in his view that quarantines should target the vulnerable and infected rather than the healthy, the historic norm. He has been personally and professionally targeted as a result.  ... Entire article at The Federalist

Offline berdie

I know I will be slapped down....but I am of the opinion that Dr. Atlas, Dr. Fauci, Redfield or the CDC know jack about this. It's really not their fault. But it might be a wise move to say we're not sure before making announcements.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Atlas is known for pushing back on coronavirus panic with scientific evidence, including in his view that quarantines should target the vulnerable and infected rather than the healthy, the historic norm.

Unlike the others, this makes perfect (scientific and social) sense.

My wager is that if Redfield is against him, he is over the target. CDC and Fauci have gone off into left field on many subjects, not the least of which are masks and hydroxychloroquine, and anyone doing good science and seeking answers unencumbered by political bias or profit motive is likely to be someone the establishment would want to eliminate.

As a scientist, it is nice to see someone who will see where the evidence leads rather than set up studies and drive opinions to a foregone (and potentially profitable or face-saving) conclusion.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The CDC was completely asleep at the wheel.  They are the organization that is supposedly intended to fight outbreaks, pandemics and such, and where were they for the first 2-3 months?  They were nowhere to be seen.

And Fauci, he was not the person the nation should be turning to for health advice for this pandemic.  He was on both sides of every issue. 

Redfield is like Biden, both should be in rocking chair enjoying their remaining days.