Author Topic: Time to take a closer look at AARP  (Read 201 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Time to take a closer look at AARP
« on: September 27, 2020, 03:43:26 pm »
 By THE WASHINGTON TIMES - - Tuesday, September 22, 2020

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

For years, progressive politicians and groups have tried to prove the more effective conservative groups are just fronts for monied interests and corporate America. They’ve alleged time and again, without proof that the National Rifle Association the nation’s largest mass membership civil rights group is merely a tool of the firearms industry. Or that certain research and advocacy groups that question climate change at any level are beholden to the oil companies and are doing their bidding in exchange for contributions.

As a strategy for winning the hearts and minds of the American people, it works. What’s puzzling is why the right has never tried to replicate these tactics. It may be the time and expense involved is discouraging. Nevertheless, it’s time for a change in tactics — for the right to use the channels available to it to communicate to its own people that some of the groups which they think are non-aligned are actually working against their interests.

A report recently compiled on the AARP, formerly the American Association of Retired Persons, provides a golden opportunity to go on offense. Thanks to its millions of members, the group is one of the most powerful lobbies in Washington. Almost nothing happens concerning health care or prescription drugs that they have not blessed which has made the abolition of Obamacare difficult if not impossible.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/22/editorial-time-to-take-a-closer-look-at-aarp/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Time to take a closer look at AARP
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 04:50:31 pm »
Not endorsing these guys as I know little about them.

Anybody got experience?

AMAC Was Founded to be Your Alternative to AARP

Looking for an alternative to AARP?  You’ve come to the right place.  The Association of Mature American Citizens (AMAC) is a conservative, nonpartisan organization looking out for the interests of Americans 50 years of age and older.  We believe in the traditional values of Faith – Family – Freedom that have made the United States of America the greatest of nations.  We believe that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are not empty words, but the fulfillment of the American dream.

AMAC will endeavor to be your advocate to promote commonsense government and to let you keep your hard-earned money in your pocket – not the government’s.

https://amac.us/amac-alternative-aarp/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 05:37:35 pm »
My mind was made up on AARP when they put everything on the line to support a $500 billion cut in Medicare spending with Obamacare.  It is clear that AARP is just another political lobbyist group with zero concern for its members.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 06:03:19 pm »
I will never join the AARP.  They don't represent or reflect my vision of "Senior Citizenship".  But they have hoodwinked a ton of gullible Seniors over the years. 
All they seem to be is a marketing clearing house for thousands of companies trying to make a buck off of the AARP members.  The cut AARP gets from those companies must be huge. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 06:20:28 pm »
The AARP is just one more in a long list of creative ways Democrats have found to funnel public money into their campaign coffers.

I will have nothing to do with them! Period!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 03:16:25 am »
The wife subscribed to AARP for a few years. Every person/celeb on the cover of their rag was a liberal or leftist. Which tells you what their agenda is all about....pushing leftism.
We now belong to AMAC.