Author Topic: California Gov. Newsom executive order bans gas, diesel cars by 2035  (Read 281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Gov. Newsom executive order bans gas, diesel cars by 2035
'Let us no longer be victims of geopolitical dictators that manipulate ... global markets,' he said
By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed an executive order on Monday that aims to ban the sale of new internal combustion engine cars in the state by 2035.

The order directs the California Air Resources Board to develop a phase-out plan that would require 100 percent zero-emissions personal use and dryage vehicles by 2035 and as many medium-duty and heavy-duty vehicle applications deemed feasible by 2045.

“Pull away from the gas pumps,” Newsom said. “Let us no longer be victims of geopolitical dictators that manipulate global supply chains and global markets.”

California is both the largest new car market in the U.S., with 1.8 million vehicle sales in 2019, and also accounts for the most electric car purchases of any state.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/california-gov-newsom-order-bans-gas-diesel-cars-by-2034
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: California Gov. Newsom executive order bans gas, diesel cars by 2035
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 09:12:36 am »
But I thought the world was going to end before then...again. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis