Author Topic: Another Red State Is Becoming A Battleground  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: Another Red State Is Becoming A Battleground
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2020, 05:38:20 pm »
Saying you are fearful of Texas losing Republican seats is one thing, but I responded to a post wherein you said 'It will be worse this year and Texas may become Democrat.'
There is almost zero chance that this year Texas will become Democrat.  For one thing, all statewide and national seats are not up for election, and those seats are now held by Republicans who would have to switch sides to achieve your fear.
@IsailedawayfromFR

I am not the only one concerned about the huge number of Democrats voting in a Texas Primary when it had never happened before in modern times. The Texas Republican State Chairman also responded to the huge number of Democrats showing up at a primary, just like I did.  He even wrote a document about that and send it to all Republican Chairmen.

When voting, a voter of one party tends to vote the same party down the list of candidates.  If one votes for Biden, then consider this voter will vote for Democrats down the list.
Of course, any seat not up for election, will remain as it is.
Until now, I have never thought Texas Republicans could lose seats - and, of course I do not want them to lose seats.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2020, 06:38:09 pm »
No... It is plain as the nose on your face. People ARE sheep. 9.9 out of 10 follow. Blindly.
You are not describing the bulk of patriotic and conservative Americans.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2020, 07:31:05 pm »
Pardon me if you were being facetious, but would a lunatic do those things you would credit him with? The worst I'll say about Trump is he often engages mouth before brain, which may be a character trait of many from Queens. Regarding his leadership in the White House, which is what should really matter to all of us, I haven't seen any better in my lifetime.

I'm not being facetious.   Although I'm no psychologist, I consider Trump's most obvious, defining trait to be narcissism, and I consider it extreme.  In contrast to the media and democrats, I do not find Trump to be a racist, power-hungry, or dictatorial; most of the criticism of Trump delivered by the "mainstream media" is simply lies.  But I find his narcissism to be a severe limitation on the quality of his leadership, because leadership is fundamentally influence.  The turnover his administration has experienced at the cabinet and WH staff level tells me that his influence is disabling, rather than enabling, for many capable people.  Refusing to accept accountability, consistently deflecting blame, under-cutting his subordinates, and elevating disagreement to puerile and needless personal controversy are not the marks of an effective leader.

In spite of that narcissism, his administration has accomplished some very desirable things for the country, and I'll add to that initial list the recent peace agreements.  His administration has done better than I expected and it seems slam-dunk obvious that a second Trump term will be far better for the country than any democrat administration; so while I did not vote for him in 2016 I will be voting for him this year.

Deciding that a vote for Trump is clearly my best choice in 2020 does not mean ignoring his glaring personal and character faults or pretending that he is something more than what we can all plainly see.
James 1:20

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2020, 09:43:10 pm »
I'll say this.
In 2016, the county I live in, Ft. Bend, went to Hillary.
In 2018, all the Blue candidates accept Pete Olsen won.
Pete Olden decided not to run again this time.
Troy Nehls, the former county sheriff is running for his congressional seat.
Beto may not have beat Cruz, but the Beto effect took out Republicans all down the ballot,
This year, there will be no more one punch straight party line vote.
You have to go line-by-line, which may stop some of the bleeding.
Fort Bend hadn't gone blue in a few decades until now.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2020, 09:47:40 pm »
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Texas Reloaded - Greatest joint campaign ad in history
•Sep 24, 2020
If you don't live in Texas, this ad will make you want to move here. Greatest joint campaign in history. The mission? Save Texas by recruiting the greatest congressional candidates in history. Donate here https://crenshawtx.com/TXReloaded to support me and Wesley Hunt, Genevieve Collins, Beth Van Duyne, Tony Gonzales, and August Pfluger.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2020, 09:59:18 pm »

Yes I am. Very VERY few are independent.

Tail lights.
The last 4th of July I spent down on Flathead lake, when the fireworks show was just about over, I gave the 'load up' order and tried to get out of there before everyone else. I failed. I spent from 11:30 or so till 1:30 AM in a bumper to bumper cluster**** getting to the top of Somers knob, a mere few miles... And from the top of Somers knob, I looked across the silent, dark valley, with nothing for miles but a string of tail lights all the way to town. At the bottom of Somers hill, I turned right and went a half mile east to get onto Lower Valley Road, and breezed into town at 70mph... home in minutes.

People are sheep... It's just the truth of it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 11:27:00 pm »
   Just what @libertybele alluded to yesterday.

It's a pity she ran off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2020, 02:24:53 am »

@IsailedawayfromFR

And you and too many others are overconfident because you are overlooking the fact that the majority of Americans old enough to vote and neither conservative OR leftists.

They are middle-of-the road,pay attention to politics for a month every years" voters. Some vote for a Presidential candidate because he has a hot wife,others vote might vote for his opponent because his wife has nice hair and dresses nice.

Seriously.

Sadly,we live in an age where tv advertisements and celebs on talk shows (some know as political shows)  have more influence on political results that facts and political positions.

Luckily,in MY opinion,Trump knows this,understands it,and is countering it by some of the best political tv advertisements I have ever seen or heard,while Slow Joe hides in his basement and sucks his trumb. Or maybe is big toe.

Trump is just OOOZING dynamic energy,and Biden is the Energizer Bunny without his battery.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2020, 02:49:04 am »
I'll say this.
In 2016, the county I live in, Ft. Bend, went to Hillary.
In 2018, all the Blue candidates accept Pete Olsen won.
Pete Olden decided not to run again this time.
Troy Nehls, the former county sheriff is running for his congressional seat.
Beto may not have beat Cruz, but the Beto effect took out Republicans all down the ballot,
This year, there will be no more one punch straight party line vote.
You have to go line-by-line, which may stop some of the bleeding.
Fort Bend hadn't gone blue in a few decades until now.

Go back to the 2016 results and look at what happened in Ft Bend down ballot.  It was still overwhemingly red, with one or two races even moving from blue to red.  IMO it demonstrated a mistrust of Trump and not a blue wave.  And then came RFO in 2018 and a lot of Dems rode in on his coattails.  Oooh, he goes to Whataburger and rides a skateboard!! dummies came out of the woodwork. I miss Judge Hebert.

I read today that Cornyn is +8 and Trump +5  in TX.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2020, 03:29:49 am »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2020, 05:31:23 am »
Can't vouch for the rest of Texas, but in my location, there isn't a Biden sign within a 10 mile radius of me.

I think the "Blue" wave isn't here yet.  2028?  Then it may be another story.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2020, 12:53:05 pm »
Go back to the 2016 results and look at what happened in Ft Bend down ballot.  It was still overwhemingly red, with one or two races even moving from blue to red.  IMO it demonstrated a mistrust of Trump and not a blue wave.  And then came RFO in 2018 and a lot of Dems rode in on his coattails.  Oooh, he goes to Whataburger and rides a skateboard!! dummies came out of the woodwork. I miss Judge Hebert.

I read today that Cornyn is +8 and Trump +5  in TX.

My daughter-in-law worked for Fort Bend County Commissioner Patterson.
She lost her Job in 2018.
She still works for the County, in their transportation department.