Author Topic: “Mini Ice Age is Accelerating – New ‘Maunder Minimum’ Has Begun” + the Beaufort Gyre  (Read 360 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Electroverse by Cap Allon September 23, 2020

British Astrophysicists: “Mini Ice Age is Accelerating – New ‘Maunder Minimum’ Has Begun” + the Beaufort Gyre

“We are plunging now into a deep mini ice age,” says British astrophysicist Piers Corbyn, “and there is no way out”.

For the next 20 years it’s going to get colder and colder, on average, says Corbyn who holds a B.Sc. in Physics and an M.Sc. in Astrophysics. The jet stream will be wilder: there will be more wild temperature changes, more hail events, more earthquakes, more extreme volcano events, more snow in winters, lousy summers, late springs, short autumns, and more and more crop failures.

“The fact is the sun rules the sea temperature, and the sea temperature rules the climate,” explains Corbyn.

“What we have happening now is the start of the mini ice age … it began around 2013. It’s a slow start, and now the rate of moving into the mini ice age is accelerating.

Little Ice Age Triggered by Arctic Sea Ice

The Little Ice Age (LIA) was triggered by a large outflow of sea ice from the Arctic Ocean into the North Atlantic, according to the findings of a new paper published in the journal Science Advances.

The paper combines marine sediment cores drilled from the ocean floor from the Arctic Ocean to the North Atlantic, and what these records indicate is an abrupt increase in Arctic sea ice and cold waters exported to the North Atlantic starting around 1300, peaking in mid-century, and ending abruptly in the late 1300s.

Crucially, the provocative paper concludes that external forcing from volcanoes or any other cause may not be necessary for large swings in climate to occur — a previously widely held assumption: “These results strongly suggest that these things can occur out of the blue due to internal variability in the climate system,” said Dr. Martin Miles, researcher in the Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research at the University of Colorado. But the marine cores do also show a sustained, far-flung pulse of sea ice near the Norse colonies on Greenland, an event which coincided with their demise in the 15th century; a cooling climate is thought to have pushed hard on their resilience.

Today, it is feared a similar event may be about to occur.

More: https://electroverse.net/british-astrophysicists-mini-ice-age-is-accelerating-new-maunder-minimum-has-begun/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Earth about to enter ‘Mini Ice Age,’ expert warns

Ice Age Now by Robert W Felix 9/23/2020

https://www.iceagenow.info/earth-about-to-enter-mini-ice-age-warns-expert/

As power-hungry politicians ramp up their man-made global warming propaganda, some scientists warn that a far different type of climate change is headed our way.

We should be bracing for a prolonged solar minimum that could last for decades, until the 2050s, says Prof. Valentina Zharkova, a professor of mathematics at Northumbria University in Newcastle, England.

Zharkova is not alone in saying that the earth is headed into a solar minimum. According to NASA, the Sun will reach its lowest activity in over 200 years in 2020.

“The Sun is approaching a hibernation period,” says Professor Zharkova, who has published multiple scientific papers on solar minimums.

“Less sunspots will be formed on the solar surface and thus less energy and radiation will be emitted towards the planets and the Earth.”

More at link.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
An Astrophysicist? PAH! what does he know. What do AlGore and Greta say?

Offline Victoria33

I read all of that, and it is going to be colder and colder.  I ran it by Bob, the earth scientist, and he says we ARE going to be colder year by year.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I read all of that, and it is going to be colder and colder.  I ran it by Bob, the earth scientist, and he says we ARE going to be colder year by year.

Just look at the last few years. Every winter breaks new records for low temperatures.

Offline Victoria33

Just look at the last few years. Every winter breaks new records for low temperatures.
@Elderberry

Thanks for your reply.  Let's see what happens this year but I read cold weather/snow has already started this year.  @roamer_1, are you cold yet?  You, roamer, are my weather vane in that part of the country.

Offline roamer_1

@Elderberry

Thanks for your reply.  Let's see what happens this year but I read cold weather/snow has already started this year.  @roamer_1, are you cold yet?  You, roamer, are my weather vane in that part of the country.

@Victoria33
Well, I am likely included in the Pacific Northwest for weather purposes. The Almanac says we will have a pretty mild year up in here. Hard telling though, as the main influence is how far the north drops down.

What I CAN tell you is that our gardens are dead. Hard frost happened a couple weeks ago. That's early, but hardly unheard of. Usually we can keep em going at least halfway through October with careful management of frost cloths.

I can also tell you that a buddy of mine up in Calgary, Alberta says the honkers are regimenting and headed south... Also early. We have not seen much movement in the Canadian Geese down here as of yet, though local bands are regimenting... But southbound large flocks from Canada are not yet here.

And I can tell you the horses are getting fuzzy. They are putting on the winter wool pretty fast - And that is a true indicator... When the horses put on deep wool, it's coming on some serious cold. But, the dogs so far have not. Chewy is just starting to put on wool now.

So a mixed bag. Nights are cold, days are mild. I still ain't lit a fire, and only closed the windows a couple times... and one of those was for wind. But the leaves are turning hard now, and it's comming, it surely is.