General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

2020 Emmys Turn Into Anti-Trump, Pro-BLM Woke-Fest

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:

2020 Emmys Turn Into Anti-Trump, Pro-BLM Woke-Fest
Karen Townsend
September 21st, 2020 12:38 AM

Touted as the first big televised awards event, the 72nd Emmy Awards aired on September 20 on ABC. The host of the virtual event was late night show host Jimmy Kimmel.

Kimmel's jokes and bits in front of no live audience were cringe-inducing. Two notable instances came when his opening monologue took a hit at MAGA rallies and when banter with actor Anthony Anderson included a demand for Kimmel to shout "Black Lives Matter!" so "Mike Pence can hear it."

Schitt’s Creek was the big winner of the evening. The cast and crew were participating remotely from Canada, where the show hails from. Kimmel made a crack after one award saying, “Trump should have built that wall on the northern border.” Kimmel went on to ask if the president had tweeted about the awards show yet. He pretended to remember that it was Sunday so Trump was "probably at church." The winners for Schitt’s Creek were apolitical until their last award and even then it was mild by Hollywood standards.

--- Quote ---Daniel Levy: Our show at its core is about the transformational effects of love and acceptance. We need it now more than ever before. If you have not registered to vote, please do so, and then go out and vote. That’s the only way, we need love and acceptance out there. Dad, do the rest of the fun stuff -- sorry for making this political.
--- End quote ---

more
https://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/karen-townsend/2020/09/21/2020-emmys-turn-anti-trump-pro-blm-woke-fest

goatprairie:
I haven't watched any awards shows in maybe forty or fifty years. It's for sure I will not be watching any awards shows featuring "woke"  Hollyweird celebs who go out of their way to be obnoxious.

dfwgator:
Basically every awards show for the last 50 years....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: goatprairie on September 21, 2020, 05:24:06 pm ---I haven't watched any awards shows in maybe forty or fifty years. It's for sure I will not be watching any awards shows featuring "woke"  Hollyweird celebs who go out of their way to be obnoxious.

--- End quote ---

I watched a replay of Dave Chappell's acceptance speech for some award he received for “Sticks and Stones” his Netflix special.  It was brutal!   Loved it.

andy58-in-nh:

--- Quote from: goatprairie on September 21, 2020, 05:24:06 pm ---I haven't watched any awards shows in maybe forty or fifty years. It's for sure I will not be watching any awards shows featuring "woke"  Hollyweird celebs who go out of their way to be obnoxious.

--- End quote ---

There's no reason to watch these sort of shows, as they have all more or less degenerated into Onanistic circles of self-congratulatory jerks, going on endlessly about how wonderful they all are and how awful, terrible, stupid and evil are the very people they expect to pay to watch them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version