Author Topic: 2020 Emmys Turn Into Anti-Trump, Pro-BLM Woke-Fest  (Read 502 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2020 Emmys Turn Into Anti-Trump, Pro-BLM Woke-Fest
« on: September 21, 2020, 04:48:27 pm »

Karen Townsend
September 21st, 2020 12:38 AM

Touted as the first big televised awards event, the 72nd Emmy Awards aired on September 20 on ABC. The host of the virtual event was late night show host Jimmy Kimmel.

Kimmel's jokes and bits in front of no live audience were cringe-inducing. Two notable instances came when his opening monologue took a hit at MAGA rallies and when banter with actor Anthony Anderson included a demand for Kimmel to shout "Black Lives Matter!" so "Mike Pence can hear it."

Schitt’s Creek was the big winner of the evening. The cast and crew were participating remotely from Canada, where the show hails from. Kimmel made a crack after one award saying, “Trump should have built that wall on the northern border.” Kimmel went on to ask if the president had tweeted about the awards show yet. He pretended to remember that it was Sunday so Trump was "probably at church." The winners for Schitt’s Creek were apolitical until their last award and even then it was mild by Hollywood standards.

Daniel Levy: Our show at its core is about the transformational effects of love and acceptance. We need it now more than ever before. If you have not registered to vote, please do so, and then go out and vote. That’s the only way, we need love and acceptance out there. Dad, do the rest of the fun stuff -- sorry for making this political.

more
https://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/karen-townsend/2020/09/21/2020-emmys-turn-anti-trump-pro-blm-woke-fest
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: 2020 Emmys Turn Into Anti-Trump, Pro-BLM Woke-Fest
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 05:24:06 pm »
I haven't watched any awards shows in maybe forty or fifty years. It's for sure I will not be watching any awards shows featuring "woke"  Hollyweird celebs who go out of their way to be obnoxious.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 05:27:12 pm »
Basically every awards show for the last 50 years....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 05:29:57 pm »
I haven't watched any awards shows in maybe forty or fifty years. It's for sure I will not be watching any awards shows featuring "woke"  Hollyweird celebs who go out of their way to be obnoxious.

I watched a replay of Dave Chappell's acceptance speech for some award he received for “Sticks and Stones” his Netflix special.  It was brutal!   Loved it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 05:37:59 pm »

There's no reason to watch these sort of shows, as they have all more or less degenerated into Onanistic circles of self-congratulatory jerks, going on endlessly about how wonderful they all are and how awful, terrible, stupid and evil are the very people they expect to pay to watch them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 05:59:16 pm »
I was too busy watching this...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 06:13:29 pm »
Aw, shucks.

I missed it.

Like I have missed almost every Hollywierd mutual back patting love fest since Dr. Zhivago won an Oscar for whatever it was.

Maybe next time...

Or the time after that....

or not.

DILLIGAF, anyway? It's as relevant as the Nobels.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 09:58:20 pm »
Aw, shucks.

I missed it.

Like I have missed almost every Hollywierd mutual back patting love fest since Dr. Zhivago won an Oscar for whatever it was.

Maybe next time...

Or the time after that....

or not.

DILLIGAF, anyway? It's as relevant as the Nobels.
It's been close to fifty years since I watched any awards show. I actually used to care about who won certain awards. That time has long since passed.
Especially since Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing to forward world peace.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 02:55:28 am »
Did we expect anything else?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 06:23:09 am »
Karen Townsend
September 21st, 2020 12:38 AM

Touted as the first big televised awards event, the 72nd Emmy Awards aired on September 20 on ABC.
The host of the virtual event was late night show host Jimmy Kimmel.

A semi-human turd floating to the surface of the cess pool known as the "entertainment industry". It is due to cretins like him that I no longer watch ANY of those shows,and I used to never miss them.

SOMEBODY needs to find a way to take the message "We watch entertainment shows to be entertained,NOT indoctrinated" and dumb it down to a level even ass-kissing weasels like Kimmel can understand it.

Kimmel and the rest of those professional fools are denizens of the inbred entertainment world of show biz,and are cut off from reality. In that little world of professional fools,you either agree with the studio heads or you don't work and historically,all the studios are ran by Jews,who are historically leftists and "open-minded about everything BUT Israel.

The FACT that these people are so clueless they are nothing but serfs and MUST remain serfs sucking up to the Royalty their lives and incomes are dependent upon in order to thrive seems lost on them. They HAVE to be the most foolish group of people on the planet. If it weren't for the insane amount of money they earn,most would have to turn to prostitution or theft to avoid starvation.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 03:34:27 pm »
Did we expect anything else?
Apparently, the attitude of the "work" progressive entertainment crowd is that they feel free to insult half their possible viewing audience, and that audience won't care.