General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Regardless of what Trump and Mitch do, the Democrats will (1) Eliminate the Filibuster, (2) Grant St

<< < (2/2)

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: libertybele on September 21, 2020, 11:33:34 pm ---If the GOP loses the Senate regardless if Trump is re-elected or not -- they will have control. 

I think we should all be angry that the GOP had a majority in both Houses for several years and didn't accomplish squat.

--- End quote ---

That's on Mitch. He could have killed the filibuster rule, but didn't.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: libertybele on September 21, 2020, 11:33:34 pm ---If the GOP loses the Senate regardless if Trump is re-elected or not -- they will have control. 

I think we should all be angry that the GOP had a majority in both Houses for several years and didn't accomplish squat.

--- End quote ---

We have indeed had Republican majorities in recent years but it's been a very long time since we had conservative majorities.  It really does matter who you vote for in those Republican primaries and the guy with the most money and/or the guy being pushed by the establishment is rarely the proper choice IMHO.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on September 22, 2020, 12:09:12 am ---That's on Mitch. He could have killed the filibuster rule, but didn't.

--- End quote ---

I blame Mitch for a lot.  He for a very long time sided more with the liberals than those in his own party and IMHO he's never been a strong conservative leader.  He has changed his tune a bit since McCain's passing -- I still wonder what McCain had on him.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Bigun on September 22, 2020, 12:13:31 am ---We have indeed had Republican majorities in recent years but it's been a very long time since we had conservative majorities.  It really does matter who you vote for in those Republican primaries and the guy with the most money and/or the guy being pushed by the establishment is rarely the proper choice IMHO.

--- End quote ---

Yes, voting in the primaries is important but unfortunately, the past several election cycles around here have lacked for conservative candidates.

sneakypete:

--- End quote ---

@libertybele

I remember screaming "NO! NO! HELL,NO!" at the top of my lungs as Newt and the Reps took over control of Congress for the first time in decades,and practically the first thing the fools did was accept the "conversion to Republicans" that many of the Dims did in order to stay in office,and began torpedoing every bit of "change" legislation the Republicans put forward.

Even *I* could see these were "conversions of desperation" in order to stay in office.

And what was the final result? The RNC let enough of the Dims into the party they finally had enough to toss Newt out of the Party,and it was all downhill from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version