General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

It’s the Supreme Court, Not the Make-A-Wish Foundation.. Todd Starnes

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
It’s the Supreme Court, Not the Make-A-Wish Foundation
Todd Starnes

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 10:24 AM

Democrats are demanding that President Trump and Senate Republicans honor the dying wish of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg — or else.

Ginsburg, days before her death Friday, reportedly shared her last wish: that her replacement to the highest court in the land be picked by a president other than Donald Trump.

“My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,” the 87-year-old Ginsburg said in a statement dictated to her granddaughter, Clara Spera, according to NPR.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has already announced and promised a vote on whoever President Trump nominates.

“This is a man who does not care about a dying woman’s final wish,” fumed bartender-turned-congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

I don’t seem to recall hearing anything about the final wishes of Justice Antonin Scalia.

Leftists, meanwhile, are threatening violence if Senate Republicans confirm President Trump’s nominee.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2020/09/21/its-the-supreme-court-not-the-makeawish-foundation-n2576568

Hoodat:

--- Quote ---“My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,” the 87-year-old Ginsburg said in a statement dictated to her granddaughter, Clara Spera, according to NPR

--- End quote ---

As a lawyer, you would think that she would have put her last wishes in writing.

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on September 21, 2020, 04:06:14 pm ---As a lawyer, you would think that she would have put her last wishes in writing.

--- End quote ---

That would make no difference..your dying wish on naming the next Justice is not in the Constitution

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on September 21, 2020, 04:12:57 pm ---That would make no difference..your dying wish on naming the next Justice is not in the Constitution

--- End quote ---

My point is that the hearsay of her last wish is pure BS.  If she really expected us to believe it, she would have written it down.

mystery-ak:
Jenna Ellis
@JennaEllisEsq
·
14h
Did one Democrat ever wonder what Scalia’s final wishes were?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version