Author Topic: Support Trump’s Court Nominee As If Your Freedom Depends On It — Because It Does  (Read 204 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support Trump’s Court Nominee As If Your Freedom Depends On It — Because It Does
I & I Editorial Board
September 21, 2020

President Donald Trump has vowed to move quickly to name a replacement for late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and urged the Senate to vote before the election. Not only is he constitutionally justified in doing so, but the future political stability of our nation depends on it.

The pick, which Trump said will “likely” be a woman, is expected next week. There are a number of highly eligible, Constitution-friendly women suitable for the highest court in the land. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has already pledged to move forward with the confirmation hearings, perhaps the most important since Roger B. Taney was named chief justice in 1836 and set the nation on course for Civil War.

It would be nice if the Democrats played a constructive role. After all, they threatened to shut down government in 2016 when faced with a similar situation.

Instead, realizing that the White House will name someone before the election and the Senate will hold a vote, they’re crying foul and issuing threats.

To begin with, they’ve uniformly acted as if Trump is doing something wrong or out of the ordinary in naming a replacement late in his term.

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/09/21/support-trumps-move-to-fill-empty-court-seat-as-if-your-freedom-depends-on-it-because-it-does/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I heard on Fox News this morning that Pelosi will not say "No", to trying to impeach Trump again to stop the approval of the woman he wants to be on Supreme Court.  Also, the latest is Trump will provide the woman's name on Friday or Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:54:56 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline dfwgator

@mystery-ak

I heard on Fox News this morning that Pelosi will not say "No", to trying to impeach Trump again to stop the approval of the woman he wants to be on Supreme Court.  Also, the latest is Trump will provide the woman's name on Friday or Saturday.

I guess we'll soon find out whether it's Pelosi or AOC who is in charge of the House Rats.

Offline roamer_1

Riiiight. Because yet another Souter-esque candidate is just what we need.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I guess we'll soon find out whether it's Pelosi or AOC who is in charge of the House Rats.

I'm putting money on Squeaky Spice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Riiiight. Because yet another Souter-esque candidate is just what we need.

SCOTUS picks are always a crap shoot.  It's like College Football Recruiting. 

Offline roamer_1

SCOTUS picks are always a crap shoot.

Well lately, you got that half right...  :whistle: