Author Topic: Pelosi Stonewalls Bill That Would Crack Down on Chinese Influence in U.S.  (Read 682 times)

Offline corbe

Pelosi Stonewalls Bill That Would Crack Down on Chinese Influence in U.S.

House Dems block bill to crack down on regime-sponsored Confucius Institutes

Yuichiro Kakutani - SEPTEMBER 20, 2020 5:00 AM

House Democrats are blocking a bill that will curtail the influence of the Chinese-government-funded Confucius Institute, stymying bipartisan legislation that unanimously passed in the Senate.

Despite bipartisan support in the upper chamber, House Democrats—including a cosponsor for the bill—voted against placing the CONFUCIUS Act on the agenda in late July, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) has yet to announce plans to place the bill on the floor. If passed, the legislation would require all federally funded universities with Confucius Institutes to assume "full managerial control" of the institutes, a move that would limit the Chinese government's influence over the program.

Frustrated by the lack of action, congressional Republicans are blaming Pelosi for blocking debate for the bill, criticizing the House speaker for putting politics over national security.

"I regret that Speaker Pelosi has still not scheduled the CONFUCIUS Act for a vote," said Rules Committee Ranking Member Tom Cole, who introduced the July vote. "This isn’t about politics. It’s about holding China accountable, and Speaker Pelosi clearly hasn’t made that a priority."

<..snip..>

https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/pelosi-stonewalls-china-bill-senate-dems-unanimously-supported/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Pelosi Stonewalls Bill That Would Crack Down on Chinese Influence in U.S.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 05:14:47 pm »
Of course she does. Her husband's law firm represents the Chinese Government in the US.

How the HELL that is not a conflict of interest that keeps her from being the Speaker of the House is a freaking mystery to me.

Notice how none of the other political creatures can seem to find the time to mention this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 05:27:27 pm »
The constant reference to Russia collusion is rat sleight of hand. The Chicoms continued existence, at least with their current level of authority, could be predicated on the outcome of this election.

To assume they aren't right now engaged in collusion with the rats is downright irrational.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 05:28:40 pm by skeeter »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 05:44:03 pm »
Not to worry, Trumpster will enact a EO that will do it instead.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 05:44:31 pm »
Of course she does. Her husband's law firm represents the Chinese Government in the US.

@sneakypete, Paul Pelosi Sr., Nancy's husband, is not a lawyer and does not own a law firm. IIRC, Paul Pelosi Jr. is in the energy business, focusing on "green" (= unreliable, wink777 ) energy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 06:01:54 pm »
@sneakypete, Paul Pelosi Sr., Nancy's husband, is not a lawyer and does not own a law firm. IIRC, Paul Pelosi Jr. is in the energy business, focusing on "green" (= unreliable, wink777 ) energy.

@PeteS in CA

That's not what I read when I researched the Chinese purchase of the Long Beach Shipyard for Norinco.

I do admit that what I read may have been wrong,though.

I guess I need to try to remember to do some more research on that later today.

Thanks for the notification.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 07:49:08 pm »
@PeteS in CA

That's not what I read when I researched the Chinese purchase of the Long Beach Shipyard for Norinco.

I do admit that what I read may have been wrong,though.

I guess I need to try to remember to do some more research on that later today.

Thanks for the notification.

Of the Bay Area's 3 most noxious present and former Congress-Critters, only Babs Bouncer is married to an attorney, Stewart Boxer. And he is a partner in a law firm, https://www.boxerlaw.com/attorney/stewart-n-boxer/ , Boxer & Gerson. Pelosi's husband is into real estate and DiFei's husband is an investment banker.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 01:22:26 am »
Of the Bay Area's 3 most noxious present and former Congress-Critters, only Babs Bouncer is married to an attorney, Stewart Boxer. And he is a partner in a law firm, https://www.boxerlaw.com/attorney/stewart-n-boxer/ , Boxer & Gerson. Pelosi's husband is into real estate and DiFei's husband is an investment banker.

@PeteS in CA

Thank you!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 07:29:58 am »
@PeteS in CA

Thank you!
In real estate? So, what deals has he brokered for the ChiComs?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 10:47:06 am »
In real estate? So, what deals has he brokered for the ChiComs?

@Smokin Joe

PROBABLY the purchase of the old Long Beach Naval Yard. I know that was mentioned when I was told his law firm represented the Chinese government in the US.

It seems likely that is where the mix-up was from when I was told he had a law firm that represented China. He PROBABLY just had something to do with the sale.

I know I read about both in the same post that I read about him.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 11:49:13 am »
@Smokin Joe

PROBABLY the purchase of the old Long Beach Naval Yard. I know that was mentioned when I was told his law firm represented the Chinese government in the US.

It seems likely that is where the mix-up was from when I was told he had a law firm that represented China. He PROBABLY just had something to do with the sale.

Kinda makes a guy wonder what his commission would be on such a deal, now doesn't it?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 02:11:34 pm »
Kinda makes a guy wonder what his commission would be on such a deal, now doesn't it?

@Smokin Joe

IF he handled the sale,I suspect his commission was several years salary for almost all of us.

Having a wife in a position to grease the wheels to make it happen and get the permits didn't hurt,either.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 03:27:50 pm »
@Smokin Joe

IF he handled the sale,I suspect his commission was several years salary for almost all of us.

Having a wife in a position to grease the wheels to make it happen and get the permits didn't hurt,either.
One hand washes the other...

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 10:46:45 pm »
@Smokin Joe

If you are referring to the Long Beach Naval Shipyard, that was going to be a 10 year lease to COSCO, A Chinese firm. a contract was signed but cancelled. The LBNS was leased instead to Hanjin, a SoKo firm. https://wikimili.com/en/Long_Beach_Naval_Shipyard

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 12:15:25 am »
If you are referring to the Long Beach Naval Shipyard, that was going to be a 10 year lease to COSCO, A Chinese firm. a contract was signed but cancelled. The LBNS was leased instead to Hanjin, a SoKo firm. https://wikimili.com/en/Long_Beach_Naval_Shipyard

@PeteS in CA

Thanks for clearing that up. The article I read about the BATF raid on the Norinco warehouses there led me to believe that Norinco were the ones that bought the LB Naval Shipyard. After all,Norinco is owned by the Chinese government,and they damn sure have enough money to buy anything they want that is for sale.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 08:40:40 pm »

How the HELL that is not a conflict of interest that keeps her from being the Speaker of the House is a freaking mystery to me.

Notice how none of the other political creatures can seem to find the time to mention this?

Nasty Nancy's husband is not a lawyer.

Dianne Feinstein's husband is not a lawyer.

Kamala Harris' husband IS a lawyer, and his main client IS China.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 12:07:53 am »
Nasty Nancy's husband is not a lawyer.

Dianne Feinstein's husband is not a lawyer.

@unite for individuality

Yes,I now know. Someone corrected me a couple of days ago.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2020, 06:52:54 pm »
@unite for individuality

Yes,I now know. Someone corrected me a couple of days ago.

I was making the point that
you were right about there being a prominent Democrat
whose husband is a lawyer working for China.
You just identified the wrong one.

There are probably THOUSANDS more such connections
of China buying off Swamp creatures (both D and R)
that we don't know about.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2020, 06:57:16 pm »
Not to worry, Trumpster will enact a EO that will do it instead.
Who is this "Trumpster" of whom you speak?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org