Author Topic: Barracks searched for unregistered firearms, other violations following Fort Bliss shooting  (Read 194 times)

rangerrebew

Barracks searched for unregistered firearms, other violations following Fort Bliss shooting
Kyle Rempfer

An order issued by the 1st Armored Division commanding general permitted units to look for any unregistered firearms in soldiers' vehicles and rooms on Fort Bliss, Texas, following a shooting that occurred on post just after midnight Tuesday, according to a source at the installation.

But post officials told Army Times the search was not explicitly intended to look for weapons, though it did give them the ability to do so.

A fragmentary order was issued to all of 1st Armored Division to conduct a 100 percent “health and welfare inspection of the barracks and personal areas in an effort to ensure good order and discipline," said Lt. Col. Allie Payne, a division spokeswoman.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/09/16/barracks-searched-for-unregistered-firearms-other-violations-following-fort-bliss-shooting/

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
This is "news"?   *****rollingeyes*****

Hell, we used to have at least quarterly unannounced shakedowns in the barracks back in the day (actually sometime real early in the morning hours).

Security Forces and SNCO's posted outside below windows in case people tried to toss stuff.  Had working dogs going through the rooms along with complete "tossing" of said rooms searching for contraband.

I had 2 Red Bellied Piranhas in my room with a notice not to mess with them posted on the tank.  A SNCO thought he was smarter than my fish and messed around with them...got a fingertip bit and tried to punish me for it.  Didn't happen because my leadership understood and knew the idiot was a jerk.

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline roamer_1

Who would be fool enough to keep contraband, whatever its type, in and among personal gear?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Who would be fool enough to keep contraband, whatever its type, in and among personal gear?
You'd be surprised...keep in mind, the military is a "reflection" of society in many ways...to include abject, gross stupidity.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.