Author Topic: Pennsylvania Supreme Court Sides with Democrats: Mail-In Ballot Deadline Extended 3 Days After Elect  (Read 1385 times)

Online corbe

I'm not so sure @Wingnut @Right_in_Virginia giving me a lecture on morality was a little over the top.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm not so sure @Wingnut @Right_in_Virginia giving me a lecture on morality was a little over the top.   :beer:

I didn't give you a lecture, period @corbe   I simply asked you to act and think like an adult. 

I see this is wishful thinking.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Looking beyond the election -- it is going to be more important than ever for ALL of us to fight together to prevent this Republic from falling.  It's not gong to be any easy fight.

@libertybele

Which is precisely why America as a free and independent nation is going to fall. Too many massive egos who think it's all about "Me,ME,ME,DAMMIT!" and nothing else is even close to importance to them as their egos.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

@Wingnut
@libertybele
@sneakypete
@mystery-ak
@corbe
@Cyber Liberty

nut, you said, “ She is out of touch and aged out of how the world works today.  But hey Pete...it is nice to see you sticking up for the aged.  Are you supporting biden also?”

Let us get this straight right now.  I am writing this post and will have you on Ignore from now on.
Before you were removed from this board, you and Frank Cannon ganged up on me over and over, wishing I would die because I was old.  Frank continually attacked my education/credentials.  When I came to TBR, I sent mystery a copy of my credentials so she would know about me.

The last year I advised the Texas Republican Party was 2014, at age 81, due to moving from there to north of Dallas.  If I still lived there, I would still be helping our local and state Republican Party.  I taught the Texas Election Code to lawyers, election judges and clerks, until 2011, at age 78.  My husband, the Republican County Chairman, died that year.

I received a Certificate of Appreciation from the National Republican Committee in 2005, signed by President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

I tell you the above so you will know I had many years with the Republican Party and I did not stop knowing the Texas Election Code.  I kept up with the law changes and the latest Texas Election Code book I have is last year’s, 2019.  How old is your state’s election code book?  You don’t have one?  I am not surprised.  I am now putting you on Ignore.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Wingnut
@libertybele
@sneakypete
@mystery-ak
@corbe
@Cyber Liberty

nut, you said, “ She is out of touch and aged out of how the world works today.  But hey Pete...it is nice to see you sticking up for the aged.  Are you supporting biden also?”

Let us get this straight right now.  I am writing this post and will have you on Ignore from now on.
Before you were removed from this board, you and Frank Cannon ganged up on me over and over, wishing I would die because I was old.  Frank continually attacked my education/credentials.  When I came to TBR, I sent mystery a copy of my credentials so she would know about me.

The last year I advised the Texas Republican Party was 2014, at age 81, due to moving from there to north of Dallas.  If I still lived there, I would still be helping our local and state Republican Party.  I taught the Texas Election Code to lawyers, election judges and clerks, until 2011, at age 78.  My husband, the Republican County Chairman, died that year.

I received a Certificate of Appreciation from the National Republican Committee in 2005, signed by President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

I tell you the above so you will know I had many years with the Republican Party and I did not stop knowing the Texas Election Code.  I kept up with the law changes and the latest Texas Election Code book I have is last year’s, 2019.  How old is your state’s election code book?  You don’t have one?  I am not surprised.  I am now putting you on Ignore.

Just Fade away.  You had your time.  Let it go. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele
@corbe

I plan to run for Miss America when I am 100.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Wingnut
@libertybele
@sneakypete
@mystery-ak
@corbe
@Cyber Liberty

nut, you said, “ She is out of touch  . . .

Touché @Victoria33   Just goes to show you're all for a little passive-aggression among friends   :laugh:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Victoria33

I think the thing you are missing is that Pennsylvania is not Texas.  I am from PA, and the corruption there is HUGE. 

The problem with the corrupt court of PA, and trust me, it is, is that where there is a will to cheat, there is a way.  I am 100% certain they can create enough ballots with the proper envelopes printed on the proper paper with people that did not show up to vote in three days to STEAL the election.  And I am sure they can back date the equipment at the post office to have the ballot envelope to have the correct date, or print out ballot envelopes with the election day date ahead of time.

I left PA over 11 years ago, now reside in Georgia.  I received an Absentee Ballot application from Pennsylvania a couple weeks ago.  11 years of NOT voting in PA and I am still on the voting rolls.  They should have purged me from the rolls years ago, but again, that is how rotten PA is.  I am sure there are tens of thousands in PA still voting that have been DEAD for a very long time!!!

Texas is a very different state.  It is no where near as corrupt as PA, or perhaps not corrupt at all.  PA has one of the largest Senate and House populations of all states, and they are highly compensated for what they do.  It is not so much their salary as it is their expense account, which is HUGE!!!!

Trump needs to appeal this decision.  There is no reason to extend the deadline.  NONE!

Online corbe

How Pennsylvania could swing the presidential election to Trump again

Joe Strupp, Asbury Park Press  4 hrs ago

Pennsylvania was among the key states that unexpectedly went for President Donald Trump in 2016. Once again, it has emerged as a top battleground in the 2020 presidential race that could determine the outcome of the presidential election.

Top pollsters contend that the Keystone State, which most polls have former vice president Joe Biden leading at the moment, carries a potential winning margin for either candidate due to its pockets of support for both.

Polling finds that Trump continues to draw strong support from blue collar and rural areas, while Biden's backing is growing among suburban women — many who backed Trump last time — and more urban locations. Each camp has visited the state several times in recent weeks, with plans for more to come.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-pennsylvania-could-swing-the-presidential-election-to-trump-again/ar-BB199yab?ocid=msedgntp

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Suburban women better be prepared to send their sons to die for some war in a God forsaken corner of the world, for there is no war the Dems can avoid.  Trump has attempted to end our presence on the ground in these wars started by our globalist cabal of leaders in the past decades.

More Americans will die with Biden, count on it.  And taxes will sky rocket with this fool.  Jobs being exported to other countries will resume in full force, and more and more people will become dependent on Uncle Sam for survival.

22-40 million illegal invading aliens will become citizens, and one can forget about correcting the many wrongs when it becomes apparent a HUGE mistake was made making Biden POTUS.  Once this action is taken, there will not be a Republican as POTUS for decades, if ever.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@mystery-ak

No, read it again.  A mail ballot envelope must be postmarked by the time polls close on election day.  So, no more mail ballots can be mailed after election day.  Those ballots put in the mail on election day, will be counted (if the paperwork is right).

How is that different?  Most states will not accept any mail ballots after the postman delivers the daily mail on election day.  This change by Penn., means people can MAIL their ballot on election day.  See, no one can vote by mail after election day.  The 3 days is to give those mail ballots already in the mail, enough time to get to the election department of every county, if there are some.  I doubt anyone will mail their ballot on election day unless their memory is bad and they find their ballot envelope still in the house.

Below see what happens next - it is this: The ballot they mailed on election day must get to the Board that checks mail ballot materials within 3 days of the mailing, which is Nov. 6 at 5 pm.

The official words:
"Ballots that are eligible to be counted must be postmarked by the time polls close and be received by county election boards at 5 p.m. on Nov. 6, three days after the Nov. 3 election."

You don't think the postmarked enevelopes holding the ballots might get strategically separated and tossed after receipt?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

@jafo2010

You said: "Trump needs to appeal this decision.  There is no reason to extend the deadline.  NONE!"

They do not have an extra three days to vote - they can send a mail ballot on the last day to vote, not after that.  The three days is to give the ballot material mailed on election day enough time to get to the central counting station.

Once again, each county has their own election and goes by the election code rules/laws.  A person in a county can make an appt. with the election administrator and ask questions about how he/she runs an election. 

I made a move to a town that was in another county.  I got an application for a mail ballot in the old county and it said if I had moved, please contact them to remove my name.  That instruction is on every application for a mail ballot.

It may be you got an application not from the county, but from a candidate or a political party.  It is legal for candidates and parties to send applications for a mail ballot.  I always get several applications from candidates and did get one from the Republican Party a few days ago.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
One of the less noticed features of the Pennsy Supreme Court's ruling is that it affirmed the legislature's intent that "naked" ballots not be counted.   Here in Pennsy,  your ballot must first be sealed in a plain white envelope (the "secrecy" envelope)  which is then placed inside the envelope used for mailing.   If the voter fails to place his/her ballot in the secrecy envelope,  it is a "naked ballot" that must be discarded.

That's the law.  So says the legislature, so says the court.  And it may end up disqualifying up to 100,000 ballots, the majority of them presumably Democrat.    Dems around here are now shitting bricks!   The clamor has begun for legislative action to change the rule and allow the counting of naked ballots.    Problem is, the GOP controls the legislature.   The solution is simple - get off your lazy, fearful ass and vote on Election Day!   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One of the less noticed features of the Pennsy Supreme Court's ruling is that it affirmed the legislature's intent that "naked" ballots not be counted.   Here in Pennsy,  your ballot must first be sealed in a plain white envelope (the "secrecy" envelope)  which is then placed inside the envelope used for mailing.   If the voter fails to place his/her ballot in the secrecy envelope,  it is a "naked ballot" that must be discarded.

@Jazzhead

Maybe it's just me,but I don't see why the Dims are panicking over this. What's to keep them from buying thousands of plain envelops to put the "naked" ballots into.

AFATG,what's to prevent them from having people who have been dead 200 years from putting their ballot in a plain envelope before putting it in the special envelope. If someone is already dead and still able to vote,I don't see the challenge.

Not to mention traditional Dim voters like Superman,Spider Man,The Green Lantern,etc,etc,etc. You KNOW superheroes wouldn't see it as a challenge.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

@Jazzhead   Maybe it's just me,but I don't see why the Dims are panicking over this. What's to keep them from buying thousands of plain envelops to put the "naked" ballots into.  AFATG,what's to prevent them from having people who have been dead 200 years from putting their ballot in a plain envelope before putting it in the special envelope. If someone is already dead and still able to vote,I don't see the challenge.  Not to mention traditional Dim voters like Superman,Spider Man,The Green Lantern,etc,etc,etc. You KNOW superheroes wouldn't see it as a challenge.
@sneakypete

The ballot envelope inside the carrier envelope, is not a plain envelope.  A plain envelope would be caught and the ballot not counted.

Offline montanajoe

@libertybele
@corbe

I plan to run for Miss America when I am 100.

I think you have a hell of a good chance of winning... :beer: