Author Topic: Here's a comprehensive look at how younger voters are breaking in 2020  (Read 154 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Young voters are backing Joe Biden over President Trump by 20 points or more.

They’re down on Trump’s job performance. They’re not fans of Biden, either.

And maybe most revealing of all, these voters aren’t monolithic, with men and white younger voters much more supportive of Trump than women and younger voters of color.

These are the finding of a Quibi and NBC News analysis of more than 2,000 young voters surveyed in the NBC News/Wall Street Journal polls from January through August of this year.

Millennial voters (ages 24-39) are backing Biden over Trump by a 55 percent-to-35 percent margin, and Gen Z voters (ages 18-23) are supporting the Democrat, 57 percent to 33 percent.

Only 38 percent of millennials and 34 percent of Gen Zers approve of Trump’s job performance (versus 45 percent of all voters in the aggregated NBC/WSJ polls).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/here-s-comprehensive-look-how-younger-voters-are-breaking-2020-n1240299
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Here's a comprehensive look at how younger voters are breaking in 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 04:42:14 pm »
I'm not sure I am buying this.

I have personally witnessed just yesterday a young guy,maybe 20 years old,pull into a parking spot at a Dollar General Store,and he had taken a spray paint can and sprayed "TRUMP 2020" on both sides of his truck in letters maybe a foot tall.

I also casually mentioned something negative to someone else about the DNC and Dims in general while standing in line at a Hardees a few weeks ago,as I am prone to do everywhere I go,and the 20-something young woman that handed me my food spoke up to support me,and was so aggressive in her response it kind of freaked me out a little.

Remember,stuff like AA promotions,job opportunities,etc,etc,etc are mostly a theory to those of us old enough to be retired,but they are a VERY ugly reality to people 18 to 22 who are looking to be hired in their first serious jobs,and seeing MUCH less candidates hired over or instead of them because they meet some sort of PC criteria.

I don't talk with people her age much,but when I do,it seems to me like they are a LOT madder about it than most of us who are retired.

Try it for yourself and see.

BTW,as a public service announcement,do NOT try this if you live in some place like Newark,Boston,Portland,etc,etc,etc unless you are bored,and are the "sporting type".

Or like me,old and just don't give a damn.

If you do,you are likely to get attacked.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!