Author Topic: Senate Republicans signal openness to working with Biden  (Read 651 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Republicans signal openness to working with Biden
« on: September 17, 2020, 12:20:01 am »
Senate Republicans signal openness to working with Biden
By Jordain Carney - 09/16/20 07:44 PM EDT

Senate Republicans are signaling they are open to cutting deals with Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden if he wins the White House in November.

GOP senators — adding the caveat that they are supportive of President Trump — say there is room for agreement with a Biden administration, particularly on areas like trade or immigration, if they hold on to the Senate majority in November.

Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 2 Senate Republican, noted that typically new administrations get a honeymoon period and a divided government could force compromises.

“There would be opportunities. ... The one thing about having a divided government, it forces people to come together and some of the best and biggest accomplishments in our history have been accomplished during a time of divided government,” Thune said.

One GOP senator predicted that a Republican-controlled Senate could be beneficial to Biden because it would give him a buffer from progressives in his party who, if Democrats controlled both chambers, would likely try to drive him to the left.

“So he’s not constantly fighting ‘Why can’t we go one step further?’ on all the stuff they’ll want to do. The best thing that could happen to Joe Biden would be if there was a Republican Senate,” the senator said.

The pledge to work with Biden comes as he’s led Trump in a steady stream of recent polls by an average of 6.2 percentage points, according to RealClearPolitics. The battle for the Senate remains a toss-up, according to political handicappers, keeping open the prospect of a divided government in 2021.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said he would be willing to try to help Biden cut legislative deals, though he questioned if Democrats, who are expected to keep control of the House, would go along.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/516806-senate-republicans-signal-openness-to-working-with-biden
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 12:20:53 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Senate Republicans signal openness to working with Biden
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 12:28:31 am »
Losers if true, but...
... consider the source.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:53:48 am »
Losers if true, but...
... consider the source.

SSDD CYA
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 01:02:36 am »
FUD FUD and more FUD.  Guess it is that time of year.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 01:08:13 am »
FUD FUD and more FUD.  Guess it is that time of year.

That puts the thought in my head instead of Biden/Harris they should go as FUDDY-DUDDY.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 09:37:55 am »
These RINO MFs, may they all choke on their saliva.

I think the time has come to purge all RINOs from the party, and start pulling an AOC.  Every RINO is challenged and the conservative opponent fully supported overtly, purging the party of the trash.

This country is long overdue for a conservative movement that ends the Republican Party as we have known it for 32 years.  It was the Bushes that led the party to ruin and this globalist horsesh*t!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 05:39:45 pm »
Of course the usual suspects are doing this. I suspect if it were possible that McCain would be scratching the top out of his casket to try to get out and vote with them so he could get some of that money,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 05:49:16 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 06:14:13 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 09:34:24 pm »
I'm gonna take a contrary view.  Of course they "say" they'll be pals. What are they supposed to say? "No!  Screw Biteme!" Would make me happy, but I am not the target audience.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 04:36:02 am »
Being nice to the Democommies before the election is idiocy.  Sen Thune is a moron.  His only response should have been we have every confidence we will sweep everything.  To suggest otherwise might have Republicans stay at home out of defeatism, something that is well entrenched in the mindset of many Americans.

What we need in this nation is a truly conservative party, and leave these f*&^ing RINOs by the wayside.  Too many in the Republican Party are in league with the stinking Democommies.  And they are all globalists, every last one of them.

That is why I want it to be treason to be a globalist, requiring the most severe penalty.  But of course, we will never do any such thing.  That is why long term, I see us losing on many fronts, against the Chinese, the globalists, even the mussies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 05:09:27 pm »
Being nice to the Democommies before the election is idiocy.  Sen Thune is a moron.  His only response should have been we have every confidence we will sweep everything.  To suggest otherwise might have Republicans stay at home out of defeatism, something that is well entrenched in the mindset of many Americans.

What we need in this nation is a truly conservative party, and leave these f*&^ing RINOs by the wayside.  Too many in the Republican Party are in league with the stinking Democommies.  And they are all globalists, every last one of them.

That is why I want it to be treason to be a globalist, requiring the most severe penalty.  But of course, we will never do any such thing.  That is why long term, I see us losing on many fronts, against the Chinese, the globalists, even the mussies.

@jafo2010

There is no "we" with a globalist. It is all about "Me,ME,ME,DAMMIT!" EVERYTHING is for sale,and if not for sale,for rent.

Which is why we need to be buying rope now,before the rush begins.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 07:42:01 pm »
Yes, buy options for gun manufacturing, because up to the election, every gun made will be bought.  The possibility a civil war will come is real.  Soros and his cohorts want to end the USA.  We need to be prepared not only for the anarchists, but for the Democommie sponsored criminals that will be unleashed upon America. 

If it happens, it will be fast, and over relatively fast.  No one will be safe for policing organizations will fade into the woodwork.  They will be defending their own families and will no longer function for the general public.

I say there is a 10% chance for the chaos above.  I would never have imagined it just a few years ago, but we should prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 08:43:23 pm »
I think the time has come to purge all RINOs from the party, and start pulling an AOC.  Every RINO is challenged and the conservative opponent fully supported overtly, purging the party of the trash.
This country is long overdue for a conservative movement that ends the Republican Party as we have known it for 32 years.  It was the Bushes that led the party to ruin and this globalist horsesh*t!!!
[/quote]
-------------------------------
The Rep Party was created in the North and its core mission was anti-slavery.
Its support came from the mercantile class, later the corporate/industrial class.
IT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO W/PRINCIPLED CONSERVATION, NOT FOR A DAY!!!!!
It's platforms during its 75 year post-Civil War to pre-Depression political dominance:
* supported trade protectionism and opposed free trade,
* advanced centralized governance and opposed states rights,
* promoted top down judicial activism at the expense of bottom up rulings.
Our only principled conservative party was the Southern Agrarian & Rural Democrats
of Henry, Jefferson, Madison Monroe, Rutledge; among several dozen Founders.
The GOP died in the era of Taft, Harding and Hoover and the Bushes had nothing to do w/it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 03:10:54 am »

-------------------------------
The Rep Party was created in the North and its core mission was anti-slavery.
Its support came from the mercantile class, later the corporate/industrial class.
IT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO W/PRINCIPLED CONSERVATION, NOT FOR A DAY!!!!!
It's platforms during its 75 year post-Civil War to pre-Depression political dominance:
* supported trade protectionism and opposed free trade,
* advanced centralized governance and opposed states rights,
* promoted top down judicial activism at the expense of bottom up rulings.
Our only principled conservative party was the Southern Agrarian & Rural Democrats
of Henry, Jefferson, Madison Monroe, Rutledge; among several dozen Founders.
The GOP died in the era of Taft, Harding and Hoover and the Bushes had nothing to do w/it.

For that last  part. Yeah, they did.

Tell Me something? You know enough to make it right. Why don't you?

I will vote for you.

Apropos of nothing.

Who is the GOP or any other party to me?

My allegiance rests with a much higher power.

My momma.

It is analligaitor, allegorically, rhettbutting in AGAIN.

Terra Tare ya Tara  I dare ya

Here is a hint.

The Divine Comedy.

That's right. The Carroll Burnette show.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 08:47:59 am »
What are you, stoned Fred?  I have no idea what  you are saying.

I say it is time for Republicans to stand UNITED, now more than ever.

They have a unique opportunity to change the history and put this nation on the right track.

David Gergen, a Dem strategist is saying that 'it makes it more likely Biden will win, Dems take over senate, plays into Biden's hands because of the unfairness, the hypocrisy.'  This *sshat is clueless.

Fact is, when a justice has been replaced where the Senate and the POTUS are of the same party, 9 out of 10 times the replacement was approved by the Senate.  So the following chickensh*t cowards can bail, or they can stand with their party.  I say make them stand or force them the hell out of the party.

So, if Collins, Murkowski, Romney or any other POS Republican does not support the nominee, I promise their political career is OVER, and I trust their rotten soul rots in hell for an eternity.

The pandemic has NOTHING to do with the selection and approval for this nominee.  The American people have elected these chickensh*t POSs to represent them today, tomorrow, and until January next year.  There is no need to wait.  The people HAVE VOTED!  And I am tired of *sshats like Schumer suggesting to wait for the people.  Ginsberg was pleaded with by power brokers in her party to  retire when Obama was still POTUS, and she refused to give up.  I say with no hesitation, F*&^ the Democommies, and F(*& these weak sisters in the Republican Party that do not want to vote now for the nominee.  If they do not support the nominee, good riddance!!!!

And if these chickensh*t Republicans do not do their job, we could well end up with Biden's Stacey Abrams pick.  He picked Kamala Harris as his running mate.  Do you want this senile old F*&^ to pick the next justice for the Supreme Court who will be there 20 - 30 years?  I sure as hell don't.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2020, 05:59:58 pm »
@mystery-ak

Translation: "We are now accepting bids,make sure you make them early and often."

Offline Absalom

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 06:02:43 pm »
For that last  part. Yeah, they did.
Tell Me something? You know enough to make it right. Why don't you?
I will vote for you.
Apropos of nothing.
Who is the GOP or any other party to me?
My allegiance rests with a much higher power.
My momma.
It is analligaitor, allegorically, rhettbutting in AGAIN.
Terra Tare ya Tara  I dare ya
Here is a hint.
The Divine Comedy.
That's right. The Carroll Burnette show.
-----------------------------
Fred, as you well know, the Republican Party was progressive left from day one.
Every one of their candidates, whether nominated or elected, confirms this;
despite exceptions such as Coolidge and Reagan.
In 1964, Barry Goldwater, a principled conservative, was nominated and the GOP
establishment went into a frenzied rage, actively campaigning against him.
Those included Rockefeller, Scranton, Romney(George), Cahill, Bush (Prescott) and
the rest of that trash; insuring a landslide for horses-ass Johnston.
Current GOP leaders are more of the same including Buffoon-in-Chief Trump.
Were a principled & visionary party to emerge, it would at least create hope that
the present reign of clowns & stooges is winding down.
Praise the Lord!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 09:05:22 pm »
-----------------------------
Fred, as you well know, the Republican Party was progressive left from day one.
Every one of their candidates, whether nominated or elected, confirms this;
despite exceptions such as Coolidge and Reagan.
In 1964, Barry Goldwater, a principled conservative, was nominated and the GOP
establishment went into a frenzied rage, actively campaigning against him.
Those included Rockefeller, Scranton, Romney(George), Cahill, Bush (Prescott) and
the rest of that trash; insuring a landslide for horses-ass Johnston.
Current GOP leaders are more of the same including Buffoon-in-Chief Trump.
Were a principled & visionary party to emerge, it would at least create hope that
the present reign of clowns & stooges is winding down.
Praise the Lord!

SEE? I knew I could tease you out.

:patriot: