Author Topic: Biden says he likely would have legal authority as president to issue national mask mandate  (Read 171 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says he likely would have legal authority as president to issue national mask mandate
by Emily Larsen, Political Reporter |
 | September 16, 2020 04:47 PM

Joe Biden stated that he thinks he has the legal authority to mandate mask-wearing nationwide, marking a change in tone from earlier this month, when he acknowledged that the Constitution may prevent the president from going that far.

"There's a question — I think it can be answered in the positive — a question whether I can mandate over state lines that every single state has to comply. Our legal team thinks I can do that based upon the degree to which there is a crisis in those states and how bad things are for the country," the Democratic presidential nominee said in a press briefing on the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday. "I'd make the case why it's necessary."

"I'd have the scientists array — to lay out and detail why, and I would go to every governor," Biden continued, "and I'd say, 'We have to have this national mandate.' We must do it. And at a minimum, what I would do, I wouldn't walk around saying, 'Masks don't matter.'"

Biden added that if he had the authority to do so, he would sign an executive order to mandate mask-wearing.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-says-he-likely-would-have-legal-authority-as-president-to-issue-national-mask-mandate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Biden says he likely would have legal authority as president to issue national mask mandate
by Emily Larsen, Political Reporter |
 | September 16, 2020 04:47 PM

Joe Biden stated that he thinks he has the legal authority to mandate mask-wearing nationwide, marking a change in tone from earlier this month, when he acknowledged that the Constitution may prevent the president from going that far.

"There's a question — I think it can be answered in the positive — a question whether I can mandate over state lines that every single state has to comply. Our legal team thinks I can do that based upon the degree to which there is a crisis in those states and how bad things are for the country," the Democratic presidential nominee said in a press briefing on the coronavirus pandemic on Wednesday. "I'd make the case why it's necessary."

"I'd have the scientists array — to lay out and detail why, and I would go to every governor," Biden continued, "and I'd say, 'We have to have this national mandate.' We must do it. And at a minimum, what I would do, I wouldn't walk around saying, 'Masks don't matter.'"

Biden added that if he had the authority to do so, he would sign an executive order to mandate mask-wearing.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-says-he-likely-would-have-legal-authority-as-president-to-issue-national-mask-mandate

Sounds like a lot of mumble jumble to me and he sounds like he's absolutely clueless.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe.  Kiss my Mask you clueless F uck.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Give it a try, Joe. Might as well die atrying.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
See? This is what I mean when I say that the Democrats LOVE the COVID thing.
They are using it as a political weapon, not a public health issue.
Trump is talking about a vaccine and getting back to normal as soon as possible.

Biden and his Dem henchmen are already planning on how they can extend the masks and lockdowns for as long as possible. Democrats never speak of COVID coming to an end. Never. Everything they say about it has to do with terms like "the new normal", the vaccine will not work or it will not be enough, and what they intend to 'mandate' next year and the year after that. From their own words if the Democrats have their way America will be wearing masks on lockdown for the next 50 years. Not for health reasons. Simply because the Democrats are drunk with the power and control it gives them over every American. Democrats love the idea that they can bring America to its knees, forever.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.