Author Topic: New US Citizen Thanks Pres. Trump for His Action on COVID; His Response to Her Was Perfect  (Read 162 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New US Citizen Thanks Pres. Trump for His Action on COVID; His Response to Her Was Perfect

Posted at 3:13 am on September 16, 2020 by Becca Lower

On Tuesday night, President Donald Trump took part in a town hall event produced by ABC News’ “20/20” program called “The President and the People,” which featured undecided voters from across the commonwealth of Pennsylvania asking the president questions.

Towards the end of the 90-minute special, a young woman rose from the audience to ask her question — and the way Pres. Trump answered her destroys any narrative the Left could conjure that calls him uncaring or a racist.

Host George Stephanopoulos introduced her this way: “The next one comes Flora [sic] Cruceta. She’s from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. She has not voted before because she just became a citizen.” Before Flor could begin, Pres. Trump praised her becoming a citizen, with “Oh, very good.”

But several times while asking her question, Flor was forced to stop speaking — because she was sobbing so hard.

She started, “Thank you so much. Hi, Mr. President and Mr. George. My name is Flora [sic] Cruceta . I’m sorry if I can’t hold my…hold my tears…” She began to sob here.

A second time, the President noted her new citizenship, “I love…I love what you just did.”

She continued, “I came in 2006 with my mom from Dominican Republic…sorry.” Her sobbing became heavier at the mention of her mother.

Pres. Trump’s response was heartfelt and compassionate. “That’s all right. And just take your time, that’s fine.” He turned towards Stephanopoulos, “George has plenty of time, I hope, right?” The host agreed that he did. The President then asked Flor if she said her mom had had COVID, but gets no response.

more
https://www.redstate.com/beccalower/2020/09/16/new-us-citizen-pres-donald-trump-covid-abc-town-hall/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

I watched this last night. I was wondering why in the world Trump would do a town hall led by a Rat operative. The questions were pretty biased. Trump was interrupted by the Rat operative fairly regularly. The Rat participants were pretty ignorant, especially the lady who didn't now the Atlantic story about the military was discredited. However, Trump was calm and collected throughout and when responding to the lady who's mom had just died he was very presidential.

In retrospect it makes sense that Trump did this town hall. Some of the Rats watching had to come away thinking "hey, he's not so bad".

Personally I loved the way Trump kept pointing out the rioting is in Rat cities and states and that he's not going to declare a national emergency when it's 200 rioters causing the problems. All the mayors and governors have to do is call him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I watched this last night. I was wondering why in the world Trump would do a town hall led by a Rat operative. The questions were pretty biased. Trump was interrupted by the Rat operative fairly regularly. The Rat participants were pretty ignorant, especially the lady who didn't now the Atlantic story about the military was discredited. However, Trump was calm and collected throughout and when responding to the lady who's mom had just died he was very presidential.

In retrospect it makes sense that Trump did this town hall. Some of the Rats watching had to come away thinking "hey, he's not so bad".

Personally I loved the way Trump kept pointing out the rioting is in Rat cities and states and that he's not going to declare a national emergency when it's 200 rioters causing the problems. All the mayors and governors have to do is call him.

Plus, in two weeks POTUS is going to be debating Chris Wallace and his "fact checkers" (Biden will be there playing hangman).  A little practice is a good thing @bilo  happy77

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Team Trump (Text VOTE to 88022)
@TeamTrump

Flor Cruceta immigrated to America with her mom.

Her mom had written the question she asked, but she recently passed away.

President @realDonaldTrump says “we want people like you” in the United States.

Video:

https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1306059576526213120

10:37 PM · Sep 15, 2020·Twitter Media Studio

After the town hall   happy77 ---