Author Topic: Texas Supreme Court grants Paxton request to extend halt on Harris County ballot application mailout  (Read 835 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Free Vulcan
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@libertybele

Remember, each county/parish has their election.  Trump or Biden do not hold the election - your county does.

Sometimes you can find your state's election code book on Amazon, and that price will be less money than an election code book from your state government which may charge a large price for that book, the same book on Amazon.  Check both places before buying.

@Victoria33

I was fortunate that one of the first friends we made when we moved here is the County Recorder.  She's generous with her time, coming to the GOP HQ to train us on Voter Registration.  We man tables at local merchants several times a week signing people up. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

@Free Vulcan

You said, "HAVA and particularly the motor voter aspect are one of the biggest blocks to election security and unfortunately that's federal."
___________________-
HAVA is "Help America Vote Act".  This law came about after the Florida election mess in 2000.  It was and is, good law.  Keeping a list of voters before that law, was left up to each county/parish.  This law gave the voter list integrity to the Secretary of State, Elections Division, of every state.  That division checks every person who fills out an application to be a voter.  They have access to checks a county does not have the power to do, such as arrest/crime records, birth records, death certificates, passports, present address, etc.  If the applicant, based on the records, is qualified to be voter, the name is sent to the county to place the person on the voter list.  There are too many laws in HAVA to speak to them here, but if you have questions about some of it, let me know.  I was heavy into politics, the law part, when HAVA went into effect.  I was in the middle of that change with the Republican Party and the State Director of Elections under the Secretary of State.

Motor Voter:
Most people do not know how this works.  If a person has a reason to be at a Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, one can do paperwork to apply to be a voter.  That Department cannot put that name on the voter list.  They transfer that information to the Secretary of State, Elections Division, and they check the name as described in the above paragraph and if the person "passes", the name is sent to the Voter Registrar of that county to add the name to the county voter list.
_______________-
I said to everyone, buy a copy of your state's election code. 
You said, "I already know it. After 20 years of politics and running political campaigns as well as a fairly high level GOP official, trust me on that."

You need that law book; trust me on that.   happy77   You know parts, but I believe you need the book for the details.  My law book is 622 pages and I would have to use it if I was teaching it again and I have used it when writing about it on TBR.  I am tempted to buy Iowa's for you. 

Thank you for this conversation.   888high58888

Now, I will start again to read my copy of "Rage" by Bob Woodward, however, if you write me again, I will stop reading and come back here.  "Rage" is 452 pages, font size easy to read.  My Bob knows Tillerson (both oil business same company) and there are 17 pages of Tillerson and Woodward talking which starts on page 6.  That part is really interesting.  Tillerson was/is a fairly close friend of Putin (did not know that) and that is mainly why Trump wanted Tillerson.  Tillerson quotes Putin about US presidents.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33

I was fortunate that one of the first friends we made when we moved here is the County Recorder.  She's generous with her time, coming to the GOP HQ to train us on Voter Registration.  We man tables at local merchants several times a week signing people up.
@Cyber Liberty

I was in charge of signing up voters for a Republican Women's group and told them to go to gun shows, be close to the entrance and sign up voters which, at the gun show, would be mainly Republicans.   :beer:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I couple of days ago we received a phone call from someone asking if I'd received my mail in ballot request. My wife told them that I, as always, intend to vote in person. And now yesterday I received the mail in ballot request. It stated that I was eligible as I'm over 65, but still, I didn't request the dang thing. I'm in Harris County.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcan

You said, "HAVA and particularly the motor voter aspect are one of the biggest blocks to election security and unfortunately that's federal."
___________________-
HAVA is "Help America Vote Act".  This law came about after the Florida election mess in 2000.  It was and is, good law.  Keeping a list of voters before that law, was left up to each county/parish.  This law gave the voter list integrity to the Secretary of State, Elections Division, of every state.  That division checks every person who fills out an application to be a voter.  They have access to checks a county does not have the power to do, such as arrest/crime records, birth records, death certificates, passports, present address, etc.  If the applicant, based on the records, is qualified to be voter, the name is sent to the county to place the person on the voter list.  There are too many laws in HAVA to speak to them here, but if you have questions about some of it, let me know.  I was heavy into politics, the law part, when HAVA went into effect.  I was in the middle of that change with the Republican Party and the State Director of Elections under the Secretary of State.

Motor Voter:
Most people do not know how this works.  If a person has a reason to be at a Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, one can do paperwork to apply to be a voter.  That Department cannot put that name on the voter list.  They transfer that information to the Secretary of State, Elections Division, and they check the name as described in the above paragraph and if the person "passes", the name is sent to the Voter Registrar of that county to add the name to the county voter list.
_______________-
I said to everyone, buy a copy of your state's election code. 
You said, "I already know it. After 20 years of politics and running political campaigns as well as a fairly high level GOP official, trust me on that."

You need that law book; trust me on that.   happy77   You know parts, but I believe you need the book for the details.  My law book is 622 pages and I would have to use it if I was teaching it again and I have used it when writing about it on TBR.  I am tempted to buy Iowa's for you. 

Thank you for this conversation.   888high58888

Now, I will start again to read my copy of "Rage" by Bob Woodward, however, if you write me again, I will stop reading and come back here.  "Rage" is 452 pages, font size easy to read.  My Bob knows Tillerson (both oil business same company) and there are 17 pages of Tillerson and Woodward talking which starts on page 6.  That part is really interesting.  Tillerson was/is a fairly close friend of Putin (did not know that) and that is mainly why Trump wanted Tillerson.  Tillerson quotes Putin about US presidents.

What I'm talking about here is not per se a matter of law, it's a matter of procedure and logistics.

In Iowa, we have the county auditor election manual which guides the auditor's office, who administers elections in Iowa, on how to do things.

It is of course expressed within the election laws, but is more specific as to procedure, and controlled at the executive level.

That is where the GOP needs to focus, if the laws are written such as to prevent fraud. More of an execution thing than a law thing, by not allowing anyone involved in the process any leeway to slide in fraudulent votes into the system.

That is too often where the GOP and GOP dominated govt drops the ball.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

I couple of days ago we received a phone call from someone asking if I'd received my mail in ballot request. My wife told them that I, as always, intend to vote in person. And now yesterday I received the mail in ballot request. It stated that I was eligible as I'm over 65, but still, I didn't request the dang thing. I'm in Harris County.

Candidates and the state Republican Party can send applications out to people old enough to vote by mail.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I was in charge of signing up voters for a Republican Women's group and told them to go to gun shows, be close to the entrance and sign up voters which, at the gun show, would be mainly Republicans.   :beer:

Good idea!  We have a show this weekend.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: