Author Topic: U.S. Surgeon General says country has made it ‘over the hump’ of COVID-19 pandemic  (Read 283 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Sam Morgen - The Bakersfield Californian   September 15, 2020

U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams visited Bakersfield on Monday, urging residents to keep hope alive during what he portrayed as the final stretches of the coronavirus pandemic.

“I know that there is a lot of fatigue,” he said. “I know it feels like this has been going on for forever, but honestly, we are I think over the hump.”

He said that the nationwide positivity rate that has fallen to around 5 percent, with the addition of the prospect of a vaccine by the end of the year or early next year, have given him hope that the worst of the pandemic is in the past. Still, he encouraged Kern County residents to continue following the common sense community health guidelines known as the “Three W’s” to bring community transmission low enough to open up the economy.

“It’s important to understand, we don’t have to wait until we get a vaccine to drive down community transmission,” he said. “If you all take the measures now to lower community spread — wear a mask, wash your hands and watch your distance — we could very quickly get into a better situation in safely reopening.”

Dr. Adams has traveled to different parts of the country over the last several weeks. In Bakersfield, he visited a testing site and isolation units at the Kern County fairgrounds, toured Kern Medical and held a community roundtable with local businesses, education leaders and medical professionals.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/09/u-s-surgeon-general-says-country-has-made-it-over-the-hump-of-covid-19-pandemic/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln