Author Topic: Pelosi: House will stay in session until agreement is reached on coronavirus relief  (Read 475 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: House will stay in session until agreement is reached on coronavirus relief
By Scott Wong and Mike Lillis - 09/15/20 10:18 AM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday announced that the House will remain in session until the parties have an agreement on another round of emergency coronavirus relief.

In a conference call with the House Democratic Caucus — the first since the chamber returned from a long summer recess — Pelosi indicated she isn't willing to accept a "skinny" legislative package and told her troops the chamber's calendar will be extended until an agreement is sealed, according to sources on the call.

“We have to stay here until we have a bill,” Pelosi told lawmakers.

The surprise development reflects both the severity of the public health and economic crises caused by the coronavirus pandemic and the growing pressure Pelosi is facing from the moderate wing of her party, which is clamoring for leadership to vote on another aid package before Congress leaves town again for the elections.

Leaders of the Blue Dog Democrats have, for weeks, pressed Pelosi and other party leaders to take up another relief bill pre-election. On Monday, leaders of the New Democrat Coalition piled on, warning that lawmakers in battleground districts could be particularly harmed by congressional inaction. And leaders of the Problem Solvers, a bipartisan group, are set Tuesday morning to unveil a new aid package topping $1.5 trillion.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/516464-pelosi-house-will-stay-in-session-until-agreement-is-reached-on-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Like the Buffalo said, "Let the chips fall where they may." 

The Democrats have crafted this mess, let the electorate know. Nothing would make me happier than for them to lose the House.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So what nancy is saying is they will be there till nov 3rd.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline montanajoe

This will go over well with the country as a whole...folks on the right hate her but she is a hell of a lot tougher and better politician than anybody the GOP has got... :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I see this as a win-win for the Republicans,and a lose-lose situation for the Dims.

After all,even if all the Dims stay in session and vote,they don't have enough votes to pass anything,and while they are in DC sitting on their thumbs and spinning around,they ain't home campaigning.

Am I wrong about this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

Doesn’t she allow proxy voting?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So what nancy is saying is they will be there till nov 3rd.

Read & parse carefully.  She's not saying they'll stay until Trump signs a bill, so I assume that means they'll leave as soon as they can get enough Rats to vote for something/anything.  That could be done in a day.

Doesn’t she allow proxy voting?

Probably.  I never heard of any action to do away with proxy voting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Read & parse carefully.  She's not saying they'll stay until Trump signs a bill, so I assume that means they'll leave as soon as they can get enough Rats to vote for something/anything.  That could be done in a day.

Probably.  I never heard of any action to do away with proxy voting.

Nancy speakith with forked facelift.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Nancy speakith with forked facelift.

We're one facelift away from having a Speaker with a van Dyke. Another first!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I see this as a win-win for the Republicans,and a lose-lose situation for the Dims.

After all,even if all the Dims stay in session and vote,they don't have enough votes to pass anything,and while they are in DC sitting on their thumbs and spinning around,they ain't home campaigning.

Am I wrong about this?
Nope, that's the way I see it too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Am I wrong about this?
Tells me the 'fix' is in. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis