Author Topic: Whistleblower complaint alleges widespread abuse on migrant detainees  (Read 481 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whistleblower complaint alleges widespread abuse on migrant detainees
By Rafael Bernal - 09/15/20 12:07 PM EDT

A whistleblower report filed Monday with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) alleges widespread medical malpractice at a Georgia immigration detention center.

The malpractice allegations include accusations against the Irwin County Detention Center (ICDC) of subpar COVID treatment — including denial of testing and treatment — and "red flags regarding the rate at which hysterectomies are performed on immigrant women."

The report, filed by four human rights advocacy groups, is based on unnamed detainee accounts and information provided by Dawn Wooten, an ICDC nurse turned protected whistleblower.

"[Monday], we filed an [Office of Inspector General] complaint that includes jarring information regarding the lack of medical care occurring inside Irwin County Detention Center including medical staff deliberately shredding medical request forms from detained immigrants without looking at them, medical staff falsifying records, denial of COVID-19 testing for detained immigrants, and very concerning accounts from detained immigrants and a protected whistleblower regarding hysterectomies," said Priyanka Bhatt, a staff attorney with Project South, one of the groups that filed the report.

more
https://thehill.com/latino/516488-whistleblower-complaint-alleges-widespread-abuse-on-migrant-detainees
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Whistleblower complaint alleges widespread abuse on migrant detainees
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 04:20:38 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 04:23:37 pm »
 8bs8

Ain't buying it.   Put that pencil neck shiffty schitt on it.  He love him some "Whistleblowing"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 04:29:58 pm »
Georgia prison with ICE detainees performs questionable hysterectomies, shreds coronavirus records: nurse
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-jail-ice-detainees-questionable-hysterectomies-shredded-records-nurse-says
Support the USO

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 04:33:05 pm »
Whistleblower complaint alleges widespread abuse on migrant detainees
By Rafael Bernal - 09/15/20 12:07 PM EDT

A whistleblower report filed Monday with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) alleges widespread medical malpractice at a Georgia immigration detention center.

The malpractice allegations include accusations against the Irwin County Detention Center (ICDC) of subpar COVID treatment — including denial of testing and treatment — and "red flags regarding the rate at which hysterectomies are performed on immigrant women."

@mystery-ak

Wood sombodie pleze splain to pour old dum me,WHY we are proving free hysterectomies to foreign women>
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 04:35:56 pm »
I was wondering how the rat media would respond to Trumps Hispanic outreach. “Unnamed detainee accounts” lol. It was pretty easy to assume they’d opt for the usual anonymous racial sliming.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:57:37 pm by skeeter »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 04:38:50 pm »
I was wondering how the rat media would respond to Trumps Hispanic outreach. “Unnamed detained accounts” lol. It was pretty easy to assume they’d opt for the usual anonymous racial sliming.

Yep a lowly LPN useful idiot hoodwinked by a liberal bleeding heart group.... driving the lie.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 04:43:57 pm »
Yep a lowly LPN useful idiot hoodwinked by a liberal bleeding heart group.... driving the lie.
the rats trying to keep all of their ethnic voting blocks on the plantation is beginning to remind me of that plate spinning act Ed Sullivan used to have on.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 04:44:40 pm »
@mystery-ak

Wood sombodie pleze splain to pour old dum me,WHY we are proving free hysterectomies to foreign women>

No idea...don't even know if this is true...considered this *whistleblower* was demoted in July and may be just a disgruntled employee.. :shrug:
Support the USO

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 05:05:04 pm »
So now for the next couple of months its going to be a full media onslaught of terrible "Trump" deeds... No matter how rehashed it will all be new again...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 08:53:14 pm »
@mystery-ak

Yeah, why?  A Hysterectomy is considered "major surgery."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 09:10:20 pm »
ILLEGALS.....NEED TO STOP CRASHING OUR BORDERS.....then no problem.   I believe this is a bogus, story.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 12:11:48 am »
Process is FUD. False accusations create process as efficiently as true ones. I'll take this as Dem September-October election shtick until there is evidence to prove otherwise.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 02:30:56 am »
A rate of hysterectomies that is higher than normal does not surprise me in the least. I know an OB-gyn who volunteers every year with a faith based group of medical personnel in central America. It's basically one hysterectomy after another. They get poor women who have never had healthcare walking three days each way to get there with problems like a prolapsed uterus that is hanging almost halfway to their knees and other bad problems. I imagine these women in detention also have never had healthcare with problems building up through the years because they have never been able to do anything about it, making the rate of this surgery higher than normal.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 04:00:12 am »
A rate of hysterectomies that is higher than normal does not surprise me in the least. I know an OB-gyn who volunteers every year with a faith based group of medical personnel in central America. It's basically one hysterectomy after another. They get poor women who have never had healthcare walking three days each way to get there with problems like a prolapsed uterus that is hanging almost halfway to their knees and other bad problems. I imagine these women in detention also have never had healthcare with problems building up through the years because they have never been able to do anything about it, making the rate of this surgery higher than normal.

Thanks for that explanation, I can imagine the prolapse issue (total ick factor).  Some of these women aren't exactly spring chickens.  These emergency procedures are likely complicated by morbid obesity.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dancer

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 04:21:14 am »
8bs8

Ain't buying it.   Put that pencil neck shiffty schitt on it.  He love him some "Whistleblowing"
I'm not buying it either.