Author Topic: Joe Biden Pledges to Re-enter Paris Climate Agreement Despite U.S. Emissions Reductions  (Read 122 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 14 Sep 2020

Former Vice President Joe Biden promised Monday to bring the U.S. back into the Paris Climate Agreement if he is elected president.

“While he [President Donald Trump] turns against our allies, I’ll bring us back into the Paris Agreement,” Biden said. I’ll put us back into business of leading the world on climate change. And I’ll challenge every other country to up the ante on climate commitments.”

The Paris Agreement, which entered into force in 2016, is an effort to prevent global average surface temperature from rising more than 2.0 degrees Celsius above the levels that existed prior to the industrial revolution, and below 1.5 degrees Celsius if possible.

The U.S. committed to lowering its emissions between 26% and 28% below 2005 levels by 2025.

Though the deal also called on developing nations to seek lower emissions, it called on “wealthy economies such as the U.S. and the European Union to shoulder more of the burden, including a pledge to channel at least $100 billion a year to poor countries to help them respond to climate change,” the Wall Street Journal noted at the time.

Critics said that the Paris Climate Agreement placed a massive, one-sided burden on the U.S. economy, while allowing developing nations like China — which is responsible for much of the recent rise in global emissions — off the hook.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2020/09/14/joe-biden-pledges-to-re-enter-paris-climate-agreement-despite-u-s-emissions-reductions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34