Author Topic: The NBA Just Learned The Hard Way … Do NOT Spit In America’s Face & Tell Them It’s Ratings As Rating  (Read 647 times)

rangerrebew

The NBA Just Learned The Hard Way … Do NOT Spit In America’s Face & Tell Them It’s Ratings As Ratings Drop Over 20%

Lawrence David

The first rule of business is to respect your customers.  The social justice warriors of the NBA could use a lesson in the first rule.

Viewership on ABC is down 23 percent and the numbers are down 20 percent overall compared to the 2019 playoffs, according to Sports Illustrated.   We believe in large part due to the disrespect the NBA players have shown to hard working and patriotic Americans.

That translates to less money in the league’s kitty… and in the long run, less money for the players.

https://illicitinfo.com/opinion/2020/09/01/the-nba-just-learned-the-hard-way-do-not-spit-in-americas-face-tell-them-its-raining-as-ratings-drop-over-h4p-20/

Offline Applewood

Haven't watched the Steelers since all but one stayed in the locker room for the National Anthem one game last season.  Steelers are on Monday Night Football tonight.  My set is dark.  These overpaid, underworked bums can go to hell.  I'm not going to watch a bunch of wealthy guys , black or white, preaching to me about my so-called white privilege and how I'm racist only because I'm white.    PFFT!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Haven't watched the Steelers since all but one stayed in the locker room for the National Anthem one game last season.  Steelers are on Monday Night Football tonight.  My set is dark.  These overpaid, underworked bums can go to hell.  I'm not going to watch a bunch of wealthy guys , black or white, preaching to me about my so-called white privilege and how I'm racist only because I'm white.    PFFT!
Haven't paid any of them any attention. Let 'em get a real job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

The wife became a huge Packer fan (actually Aaron Rodgers fan) a few years ago. Since then, we haven't missed many Packer games.
Until now that is. We didn't watch a minute of the game Sunday. It appears the team has become fully "woke."
They can float out into Lake Michigan for all we care now.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't know friends, to this day, what it was that they was a doin' down there,....but I have studied about it.
I think it was that it's some kindly of a contest where they see which bunchful of them men can take the most knees and protest some sort of injustice better than the other pumkin heads.

Apologies to Andy Griffith
"What it was, was football"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Suits me fine. I have found it more entertaining to go to high school and college games anyhoo. Way better. Way more exciting. Because you are THERE. I a actually looking forward to the high school football season.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Suits me fine. I have found it more entertaining to go to high school and college games anyhoo. Way better. Way more exciting. Because you are THERE. I a actually looking forward to the high school football season.
If the HS doesn't go all woke ninnyisms on us...If they do, then I won't even be there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Sorta related:

Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva wears name of military veteran on helmet instead of Antwon Rose

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva wore the name "Alwyn Cashe" on his helmet Monday night, while the rest of the team had "Antwon Rose Jr." on their helmets.

Rose was shot and killed by an East Pittsburgh police officer who was later acquitted.
Cashe was awarded a Silver Star.

A vehicle he was in was struck by an improvised explosive device. While the car was on fire, Cashe helped remove nine soldiers from the car. Those close to him say Cashe was on fire as he was removing people from the car. Three of those people survived, according to Pittsburgh's Action News 4 sister station WESH.

https://www.wtae.com/article/pittsburgh-steelers-alejandro-villanueva-wears-name-military-veteran-helmet/34028130

BTW:  Alejandro Villanueva was the lone Steeler to come out of the locker room for the National Anthem last year.  And he caught hell for doing so.

Offline goatprairie

If the HS doesn't go all woke ninnyisms on us...If they do, then I won't even be there.
I would bet everything I own that my beloved UW-Madison Badgers will go fully woke for their football and basketball teams.
A few years ago they allowed one  of their bb players, Nigel Hayes. to make some sort of black power salute during the NA. The coach, Greg Gard,  said he was perfectly alright with it.
I have no doubt that this year he'll allow all the black players to make their little statements and coerce the white players into doing stuff as well.
I hope I would be wrong, but I sincerely doubt it.