Author Topic: Battle over timing complicates Democratic shutdown strategy  (Read 284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Battle over timing complicates Democratic shutdown strategy
« on: September 13, 2020, 03:59:44 pm »
Battle over timing complicates Democratic shutdown strategy
By Jordain Carney - 09/13/20 10:30 AM EDT

The November election is complicating the Democratic strategy in the looming government shutdown fight.

Feeling momentum as they aim to win back the Senate and the White House, Democrats are divided over whether to agree to a the GOP-favored stopgap bill that lasts into December or push for a longer deal to fund the government into early 2021.

A shorter bill, supporters hope, would force Congress to reach a larger funding deal before the end of the year. But a bill that lasts into next year would take a lame duck shutdown fight off the table and give Democrats more leverage if Democratic nominee Joe Biden is elected president.

“We’ve gone back and forth, it’s a split decision in the caucus. If you can tell us what happens Nov. 3 it is a lot easier. ... The uncertainty about the presidential election is an element,” Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (Ill.) said when asked about the length of a bill.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/516091-battle-over-timing-complicates-democratic-shutdown-strategy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Battle over timing complicates Democratic shutdown strategy
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 02:01:32 am »
JFC
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley