Author Topic: Cruz says he wouldn't accept Supreme Court nomination  (Read 539 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz says he wouldn't accept Supreme Court nomination
« on: September 13, 2020, 06:02:34 pm »
Cruz says he wouldn't accept Supreme Court nomination
By Justine Coleman - 09/13/20 01:38 PM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Sunday that he wouldn’t accept a Supreme Court nomination after President Trump included his name on a list of potential nominees.

The Texas senator told Fox News's “Sunday Morning Futures” that he would not be interested in joining the Supreme Court as a Trump nominee.

“It is deeply honoring,” he told Maria Bartiromo when she asked if he wanted the job. “It's humbling to be included in the list. I'm grateful that the president has that confidence in me.”

“But it's not the desire of my heart,” he added. “I want to be in the political fight. I want to be fighting to nominate and confirm three, four, five principled constitutionalist justices.”

“I want to stay fighting right where I am in the U.S. Senate,” Cruz continued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/516204-cruz-says-he-wouldnt-accept-supreme-court-nomination
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Cruz says he wouldn't accept Supreme Court nomination
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 06:55:05 pm »
If I recall this isn't the first time that he stated that he wouldn't accept a Supreme court nomination.

I still don't look for him to run for President either as he would have to put himself and his family through the mudslinging and false accusations from the liberal mental midgets and he seems to feel his talents are best utilized in the Senate.

I hope that the GOP will be able to maintain their majority, though I really have doubt.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 09:43:37 pm »
If I recall this isn't the first time that he stated that he wouldn't accept a Supreme court nomination.

I still don't look for him to run for President either as he would have to put himself and his family through the mudslinging and false accusations from the liberal mental midgets and he seems to feel his talents are best utilized in the Senate.

I hope that the GOP will be able to maintain their majority, though I really have doubt.

I think, at the end of the day, Biteme will be seen as having dragged the entire ballot down for the Rats.  Even McSally might pull this off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 09:50:19 pm »
I think, at the end of the day, Biteme will be seen as having dragged the entire ballot down for the Rats.  Even McSally might pull this off.

That's what I'm thinking. The Dems have gone way off the deep end... The fruits of all that social justice ideological talk isn't so pretty night after night...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 10:05:03 pm »
Come on guys... you can't gain wealth being a Supreme Court justice.

He's like all the rest of the political class ... since 1783.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 10:07:08 pm »
Big mistake, Sen. Cruz. A Supreme Court Justice can have a lasting impact on liberty and on freedom from big government intrusion beyond what the constitution allows. Besides, it’s a cushy job.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 10:15:02 pm »
Big mistake, Sen. Cruz. A Supreme Court Justice can have a lasting impact on liberty and on freedom from big government intrusion beyond what the constitution allows. Besides, it’s a cushy job.

If I were to take Cruz at his word, he'd rather see to it we get 3-4 more good SCOTUS picks through the Senate.  No more John Robertses.

After that, who knows?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 01:45:46 pm »
Cruz would make an outstanding Supreme. I have been promoting this for some time.

It would improve the Senate and it would improve the Court. Imagine Cruz talking
the lefties to death. Cruz is a Conservative.

Kidding about the deaths, but he has given Schumer heart burn.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 07:41:22 pm »
He can't really say he wants to get a SC seat while still running for the Senate.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 08:32:01 pm »
He can't really say he wants to get a SC seat while still running for the Senate.

That's true, but he's not up for election this cycle. Cornyn is. If you are talking about next time? He could be appointed before then.  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 08:48:25 pm »
He knows he will lose all flexibility in his Senate dealings if he were to say he wants the SCOTUS job.  Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but it would definitely would be a harmful distraction being a self-inflicted lame duck.

Best for Ted to just set it aside and move on.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 11:13:15 pm »

That's true, but he's not up for election this cycle. Cornyn is. If you are talking about next time? He could be appointed before then.  :shrug:

@berdie

Still,who wants to send the message they are lame ducks years ahead of when they plan on stepping down? They would lose all their influence and deal-making ability.

Better to wait until it's time,and announce then if you haven't changed your mind.

Right now he has options. If he says now he won't be running for re-election,he no longer has that option.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 12:51:50 am »
I don't think Mr. Cruz has the proper background to serve as a Justice. It's more than just a few issues that regularly make the news.

Also, how old is he?
We need relatively "young blood" for Justices.
Just BE SURE of their records before "making them an offa they can't refuse..."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2020, 01:00:00 am »
The Texas senator told Fox News's “Sunday Morning Futures” that he would not be interested in joining the Supreme Court as a Trump nominee.

Cruz was also hawking his new book:

Pretty ironic.   :smokin:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2020, 05:38:17 am »
Sen Cruz has ZERO desire to be on the Supreme Court.  Why?  Because he sees himself becoming POTUS in 2024.  He will run.  And he might just get traction over Pence, who I presume will also run.

And I think he stands a better chance in 2024 than he did in 2016. 

Offline dancer

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 06:05:39 am »
Sen Cruz has ZERO desire to be on the Supreme Court.  Why?  Because he sees himself becoming POTUS in 2024.  He will run.  And he might just get traction over Pence, who I presume will also run.

And I think he stands a better chance in 2024 than he did in 2016.
Agree.  He wants to be POTUS.