Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz confronts CBS News on Supreme Court coverage, says ‘everyone has switched positions’ s  (Read 364 times)

Online libertybele

Sen. Ted Cruz confronts CBS News on Supreme Court coverage, says ‘everyone has switched positions’ since 2016

Senator Ted Cruz on Tuesday called out CBS News on its apparent hypocrisy when the network’s morning program only showed Republican lawmakers who have flip flopped on whether a Supreme Court vacancy should be filled in an election year.

In 2016 a vacancy for Justice Antonin Scalia's seat resulted in Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. using his caucus' numbers to hold the seat open until after the presidential election, saying Americans should have a say in who chooses Scalia's successor. That led to the confirmation of Trump nominee Justice Neil Gorsuch instead of Obama nominee Merrick Garland.

A seat was vacated in an election year, again, when Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died last Friday at age 87 -- but McConnell has vowed to fill the seat quickly. When Cruz appeared on “CBS This Morning,” the situation was painted as if only members of the GOP have changed their attitude over the last four years.

Immediately before Cruz joined the program, “CBS This Morning” ran a montage of Senate Republicans in 2016 declaring that a Supreme Court vacancy shouldn’t be nominated and confirmed in an election year.

“CBS This Morning” co-anchor Anthony Mason then said, “Those were your words four years ago. You don't believe that any more?”

Cruz immediately called out the CBS morning show for only telling one side of the story.

“You know, it’s interesting, if you look at the debate four years ago. Every single political player has switched positions,” Cruz told Mason...............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ted-cruz-cbs-news-supreme-court-hypocrisy
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is the value of Cruz in the position he now holds:  A master debater and and in-your-face speaker of patriotism and defender of conservative truths ala Trump.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline verga

Cruz for President 2024
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online corbe

Little-Known Judge Tedina Cruzette Throws Hat In Ring For Trump's SCOTUS Consideration
September 22nd, 2020

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Since Trump has vowed to nominate a woman to the Supreme Court, his shortlist of candidates had been reduced to just a few highly female judges. Signs were initially pointing to Amy Coney Barrett, but a new candidate has emerged from the shadows as a new front-runner for the coveted nomination: Tedina Cruzette.

"I had never heard of this Tedina before," said Trump. "But she is very, very female which is important, so important. She doesn't have much of a judicial track record, but she seems like a really smart cookie. Loves America. Loves our veterans and law enforcement. And she's not bad looking either! I know I can't say that but some people are saying it, you know. Not bad looking!" Trump then made the "curve" gesture with his hands.

<..snip..>

https://babylonbee.com/news/new-unknown-female-judge-tedina-cruzette-emerges-as-possible-trump-supreme-court-pick/?utm_content=bufferb4e29&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RedHead

Sen. Ted Cruz confronts CBS News on Supreme Court coverage, says ‘everyone has switched positions’ si
“You know, it’s interesting, if you look at the debate four years ago. Every single political player has switched positions,” Cruz told Mason...............

That was then, this is now.

I will predict that if the Democrats take the Senate then Trump will never have another judge confirmed so long as they remain in charge. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I will predict that if the Democrats take the Senate then Trump will never have another judge confirmed so long as they remain in charge.
Predictions are like _______(to paraphrase) and those making predictions are seldom correct, myself included(some say I am very opinionated). I say Trump and the Republicans do the right thing and seat a Justice now, because no matter what they do now the democrats are still going to go low, they can't help it because a worm will do what worms do. I am tired of the Republicans bending over for the democrats because they are afraid they will be perceived as unfair if they do the right thing, they have been wishy washy little toadies ever since the Clinton administration. Democrats don't care about right or fair, never have, they just lie, cheat and ram through what they want.......................because no one ever tries to stop them............until Trump. And that even though he has said and done things I am very unhappy with I will vote for him!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is the value of Cruz in the position he now holds:  A master debater and and in-your-face speaker of patriotism and defender of conservative truths ala Trump.

@IsailedawayfromFR

I still don't trust him,but Cruz is clearly one of the smartest US Senators. Anybody who plans to debate him had better have their ducks in a row when it happens.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@RedHead

Gee,what a risk taker!

I bet you are also willing to bet on which team won last year's Super Bowl,too.

My question is,"WHY do you think they would do anything different if Trump had agreed to not nominate until after the election?"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 04:58:20 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!